Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #1

Toy Hauler Harley Touring Securement

Ok so I am looking at different systems for securing my Harley Ultra in my new toy hauler. Most of the time I will be securing just my bike so will want it centered in the garage. I was looking at a Condor chock with the e-track adapter so it could be moved. But then you have the tripping hazard from e-track on the floor and the downside of dirt and debris getting in the track over time. There is a system called boltitin where no floor drilling is required, so I will not have to deal with dropping underbelly cover and worry about tanks and wiring. They make a set up for Harley Cruisers. Anybody have any experience with this system. Looking for pros and cons or suggestions. Thanks
eggs1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:18 PM   #2

Not with those systems but there are May threads on here about motorcycle chocks. I modified a harbor freight chock and have traveled over 5000 miles without it moving. No drilling in floor I use cables and the trailer eyelets already in floor.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #3

Been using a Condors for many years. Simply place it in your toyhauler and attach 4 straps from bike to the factory anchors already in place. Works like a champ and completely removed when you arrive at your destination.
gloryracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glory rcing View Post
Been using a Condors for many years. Simply place it in your toyhauler and attach 4 straps from bike to the factory anchors already in place. Works like a champ and completely removed when you arrive at your destination.
Which Condor system you using the Pit Stop ?
eggs1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 05:59 PM   #5

Yep...have 2 of them. They are a quality aluminum stand. However, you do not necessarily have to use a Condor. There are several others that are available and less expensive.
gloryracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:31 PM   #6

2012 Ultra, Condor Pit Stop, set it in place between 2 floor anchors, and use 1 cargo strap wrapped around the base and attach the strap to the floor anchors (it can't slide forward...or backwards). Attach soft motorcycle tie to each side of the handlebars, attach cargo straps to soft ties and down to the same 2 floor anchors. Then I tighten for just a slight compression of the front suspension. This has worked for me for many miles with no issues.

I also find these very useful.
Attached Images

2012 HD Ultra Classic
MN John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:26 PM   #7

Tie down

4 straps and a Harbor Frieght front wheel chock, bee not sing it for years now and tens of thousands of miles now never an issue.
AJAbbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #8

How to mount the motorcycle in a toy hauler

I looked High and Low and at every kind of way to secure my Pro Street custom chopper to the toy hauler, and my mechanic showed me the easiest and fastest way, Now first if your motorcycle is a double down tube this will work and it is almost free! get a block of wood 6 inch wider then both sides of your motorcycle and almost touches the bottom of your frame, then wrap it in carpet all around, make sure there are no screw on the top or the bottom so it does not hurt the floor or the motorcycle, slide it under then mid way on the motorcycle tie it down to the floor, then one for the front and one for the rear and it will not move until you unhook it. Simple

I sent three pictures with this
1) The block under the motorcycle
2) Top of the frame showing how I strapped it down
3) Both bike I transport in the toy hauler with ZERO ISSUES using the block
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0172.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	129492   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0170.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	129493   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0118.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	370.7 KB
ID:	129494  
No1uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:32 PM   #9

Here is what I am going to get for both of my BMW's.

here is the page for HD's

Pit-Bull
Miles 6450
Super8mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:52 PM   #10

I took a piece of aluminum angle iron and bolted my chocks to that. I than cut slits in the bottom of the angle iron so that the drings would come through it. So that when the bike is in the chock the d ring and hook of the strap holds the angle and chock down. Once bikes are pulled our I remove the angle and chocks as one unit and I have a nice flat bunk house
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20160812_125433.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	129533  
Psykokustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #11

There's a lot of good chocks available. I use the Titan Bulldog one mainly because of the way it uses a cam action to hold the front wheel from the sides. Ride the bike in, it locks in place and you can walk away. Very minimal pressure needed on the straps for the final security.

Like Psykokustomz and others I attached the chock to a piece of angle which in turn bolts to the D-rings. Takes about a minute to install or remove.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggs1959 View Post
There is a system called boltitin where no floor drilling is required, so I will not have to deal with dropping underbelly cover and worry about tanks and wiring. They make a set up for Harley Cruisers. Anybody have any experience with this system.
I recently purchased the "Boltiton" system, which I use to haul two bikes in our Shockwave 5th wheel, a big and medium sized BMW (R1200RT and F800ST). Have only used it once, but no complaints - very convenient. Will be heading out to Death Valley in a few weeks for a long haul trial.

Jim
mcwhirtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:17 AM   #13

I use these;
1800 Lb. Capacity Motorcycle Stand/Wheel Chock

Set it in the desired position. Use straps to contain any forward movement. Tie bike to "D" rings in floor, not stand. Same concept as a "EZ Chock"; https://youtu.be/1wVy24gscJg

Old 02-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #14

I use a "Baxley" mount. It's very strong, ride in / walk away, and it has a minimal footprint on the floor. They are not cheap, but the best.
HyperCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #15

I use a Condor for my Road Glide Ultra...and I do not have it bolted to the floor. I have the chock fully forward against the wall below the sliding door. Pressed against the wall with a 2"x24" scrap rubber piece in between (probably not necessary)...and the chock/bike cannot move forward. use 2 straps pulling forward on the front D rings, 2 on the sides and 2 pulling rearward....and the bike solid as a rock. I have traveled thousands of miles over the years hitting bumps that sent my 38 foot hauler in the air...and the bike never moved an inch.

2014 Spartan 1032
2015 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD/Duramax
RockyMtnMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnMarty View Post
I use a Condor for my Road Glide Ultra...and I do not have it bolted to the floor. I have the chock fully forward against the wall below the sliding door. Pressed against the wall with a 2"x24" scrap rubber piece in between (probably not necessary)...and the chock/bike cannot move forward. use 2 straps pulling forward on the front D rings, 2 on the sides and 2 pulling rearward....and the bike solid as a rock. I have traveled thousands of miles over the years hitting bumps that sent my 38 foot hauler in the air...and the bike never moved an inch.
We just picked up a 2017 Spartan 3210 this past weekend. Could you post a pic of the Condor in your Spartan. We have been looking for wheel chocks and I think the Condor is the way to go. Spartan has heated/enclosed underbelly which we don't really want to mess with, and your set-up sounds interesting. Which Condor do you have? We have 2 bikes to put in the hauler, an 02 Ultra Classic and an 08 Heritage. Thanks!
2harleysnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:14 PM   #17

Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of my bike in the trailer. I am using the Condor Pit Stop, which is the free standing model. You can ride the bike into the chock, the chock locks the wheel tightly, and the bike will stand up securely without any straps. I just stand the chock up with the front bottom rail of the chock butted up to the wall below the sliding glass door. I ride the bike in....it stands up straight....then I put my front straps on first, pulling the bike forward (keeps the chock against the wall) ....then add my rear straps pulling backward. I have been all over creation and on some terrible unpaved roads...bike never moved an inch.

2014 Spartan 1032
Old 04-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #18

Here is a picture of the Condor Pit Stop.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	134021  

2014 Spartan 1032
Old 07-10-2017, 06:04 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnMarty View Post
How difficult is it to pull back out of the chock? Two people required?
Spilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:24 PM   #20

I rarely have a problem. ..it usually rolls right out. If the tire happens to stick, which would cause the chock to slip a little, my wife just stands on the chock leg and it stays in place while I roll it free. In over 25+ trips...that only happened twice.

Tags
harley, toy hauler