Old 09-07-2015, 08:54 PM   #1

Truck wash to clean your TV and trailer

Over the weekend I saw some folks pulling their camping rig into a truck wash. It was a toy hauler. I had never thought of this and wanted to see if it is common. When I say truck wash, I refer to the places at truck stops that was semi-tractor trailers.

2015 A122S and 2011 Work and Play WR30
2005 F-150 SuperCrew, 5.4L, tow package, 3.73 axle
2011 F-350 SuperCrew, 6.7L, FX4, 4x4, DRW, tow package, 3.55 axle
cheriesgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:03 PM   #2

I wouldnt do it for a couple reasons. First, any high pressure water cant be a good idea on our already weak caulk system.Second, I would fear for the safty of the AC shroud ,Tv antenna,refer vent,and so forth if any moveing brushes were involved in the wash process.These units were never intended to be pressure washed.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:10 PM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
The one's I've seen use wands....tell not to stay on slide out seams with high pressure or areas like that...soap might take wax off, can't say for sure, and the local one here stays off roof.....decals? Blue Beacon is a wash that comes to mind.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #4

I always have my TT washed at a truck wash. Cost $65 if you have RainX liquid wax added, $55 without, but it's worth the extra $. The wash I use is at exit 29 on I-95 in south Georgia, just behind the Loves Truck Stop. They do a good job.
Oh yes, that price includes your TV.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:29 PM   #5
Site Team

I use the blue beacon up the road from us. I tell them to not get to close to window seams, caulking etc. All brushes are hand held. No issues and only costs $30 for the fiver. We bring it home and then wax it after they wash it for us. Well worth it IMO.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheriesgeek View Post
Over the weekend I saw some folks pulling their camping rig into a truck wash. It was a toy hauler. I had never thought of this and wanted to see if it is common. When I say truck wash, I refer to the places at truck stops that was semi-tractor trailers.
Sure , it's a great place to pull your rig into and wash . I have my own high pressure washer 3000psi max and clean my unit regularly . I do watch out for points around windows ,doors and edges . as not to peel anything up . you would have to try to mess up your unit with a high pressure washer . a little common since goes a long way
Old 09-07-2015, 09:34 PM   #7

We use blue beacon on a regular basis. Never had any issue. They know what they are doing. They wash RV's all the time.

Russell
Old 09-07-2015, 09:42 PM   #8

At home used my (low) pressure washer (2000 psig) in an attempt to clean the bugs of the front of the the Flagstaff 5th wheel. I lifted a small portion of one of the decals. Saw it, and STOPPED. Maybe just maybe.... I pointed it at the wrong angle??

Would hate to lose all of the decals.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:13 AM   #9

Truck wash to clean your TV and trailer

I use one of those extension mop things with a soap dispenser that attaches to a hose. I use dishwashing liquid. Works great and no damage.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Dually Diesel
Old 09-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #10
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
I use the blue beacon up the road from us. I tell them to not get to close to window seams, caulking etc. All brushes are hand held. No issues and only costs $30 for the fiver. We bring it home and then wax it after they wash it for us. Well worth it IMO.
Is the soap they use strong enough to melt the wax? Or do you just wax it to be on the protective side of things?

Tags
trailer, truck