No offense taken at all. No camper is perfect. Looking at the floorplan, I can see how the kitchen in the 420 would be better in some aspects.
My wife's biggest concern was the lack of kitchen space. But she loves the patio so much, the loss of kitchen space was more than worth it for her now.
Here are a few things I've noticed which will point out some differences. Both are awesome campers and either way would be a great choice.
1. The living room leaves almost no real room for a table. Yes, it will fit but it would be tight. You can always eat in the garage or out on the patio.
2. I liked the patio on the Vengeance better than any side patio model out there. It is slightly bigger than the XLR 420's and the Fuzion 420's. It has the TV, stereo speakers, and the fireplace. The TV stays there all the time. I'm not sure if the XLR's TV will stay there with the side patio up. Every picture I see of it, the TV is not mounted. Mine was mounted from the factory and stays there. If I had to mount the TV every time we went camping, that would stink.
3. The XLR garage is slightly larger. The Vengeance garage is 12' but the second bathroom takes up part of that space on the right side. That's why the side patio is larger.
4. The XLR pin weight is much lighter. Unloaded, my pin is around 3300 lbs. But with the golf cart in the back and the gas tank back there full, it takes off a good 400 lbs..
5 The fireplace. The electric fireplace on the side patio is pretty but not a useful idea. It just doesn't blow out enough to warm the area around you. I'd rather it be in the camper. Under the television would be great but nothing's perfect.
6. Pantry space is limited but all campers are. As I said, my wife was really wanting a lot of pantry space but on this camper purchase, she had left the choice up to me. That first trip to Ocean Lakes last month and seeing how much time she spent on the patio chillin' out, she says the trade-off was more than worth it. I can't imagine us going back to a camper without a side patio. We like it that much.