Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2015, 08:53 AM   #1

Vengeance Alum. siding or Gel Coat?

I am just wondering if these are different packages or what? I had money down on one with aluminum siding, but then found one closer to me with gel coat exterior and it also had a shower enclosure with a door instead of a curtain. It also has the fuel station. Is this a different package or just ordered with different options? It was the same price. I never had good luck with the aluminum siding in the past, so I was excited to get a gel coat exterior this time!
moparmansnowmobiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:02 AM   #2

Gel coated fiberglass has it's issues also. The look nicer but a whole lot harder and more expensive to repair.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:03 AM   #3

Yep. Took my 2011 27hfs in yesterday to trade in and dealer punted out some delaminating issues with mine. At the end of the meeting they would only give me $5k for mine. My response was if FR quality is so bad that a toy hauler can't last 4 years then I don't want to step up to one of their $60k coaches. They lost a sale and I have a $5k unit that is delaminating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Reeko is offline   Reply With Quote