Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #1

Vengeance Rear Camera Prep

From what I'm reading, our new Vengeance will be rear camera prepped. I will understand what all is needed once I see it in person.

Does anyone with a similar set-up know what camera would work well here? I'm not too familiar with the rear camera set-up but the notion of having one back there makes perfect sense.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #2

I had the same question, I have a 295A18 on order.

From what I have read here, the prep is geared toward the Furrion products, but perhaps other companies can be used. It is for a wireless system.

The basic choice would be the Furrion FRC12TA-BL, but some have noted it is just barely good enough for a backup camera and will not function as an observation camera to see behind you while underway.

The
Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL can do both jobs.

Some are not fans of
Furrion quality or signal strength and prefer other brands.

There seems to be a consensus that the prep only receives power when the parking lights are on. Odd that traveling with parking lights on is illegal in some states, but I think the police have bigger problems.

I would use a phrase that I often use with my family: "Needs more research"
VengeanceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. I will surely research it further.

Parking lights are no issue here in NC. But that seems odd. It sure would be nice though to be able to see behind me while driving down the road.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 06:07 PM   #4

I bought a wireless back up camera for my Vengeance 31V. I found I did not like the view from above the door. It would be great for backing up but like most I would like to see what is behind me traveling down the road.

My DW suggested mounting on the bumper. We moved it there and the view was great for backing up and for seeing traffic behind you while traveling down the road. Big draw back was the wireless signal was crappy! I have ordered a SMA male to female cable 40 foot long and plan on running the cable from the camera up to the front of my trailer and relocating the antenna there. Hopefully that will provide us the view we want.

I will report back once I get the cable and post some pics

Oh, I also plan on since I am running that cable up there to also run a power cable up there to the battery and install a switch and fuse.
MarcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 09:21 AM   #5
Toy Haulin' Full Time!

I am lazy, so i picked up the Furrion at the Tampa.show, installed it in 5 minutes and it works great! Fast refresh, strong signal, no issues. Unless I forget to turn on the lights! I prefer driving with the lights on anyway.
Earvinery is offline   Reply With Quote