Old 03-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #1

VIP Party Deck with Awning ???

Okay the question is where can I buy this item I have had no luck at the "stealer" I have a 300x12 XLR, I have tore up the web looking for any info only leads me back to new rigs, Camping world, tweetys, not. Can anyone help me out. I cant seem to find an email or number to the factory, I may be looking in the wrong place, thanks.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:04 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shield13 View Post
Okay the question is where can I buy this item I have had no luck at the "stealer" I have a 300x12 XLR, I have tore up the web looking for any info only leads me back to new rigs, Camping world, tweetys, not. Can anyone help me out. I cant seem to find an email or number to the factory, I may be looking in the wrong place, thanks.

Did you google it?
http://www.rvsupplywarehouse.com/dometic-xtend-a-room

RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #3

My understanding is it is a factory ONLY option.

http://www.lci1.com/ramp-accessories
Old 04-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc343 View Post

http://www.lci1.com/ramp-accessories

Yes that one is a factory only party ramp, however you can turn your ramp into a deck. It just won't have the cables, or railings.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #5

Our vengeance 39R12 came with that setup, and IMHO, it's a pain in the rear when you are loading/unloading. Right now I don't see us using it much if at all. That may change after a full years worth of camping, but right now grrrrrrr.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #6
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc343 View Post

Ramp Door Accessories - RV & Trailer Entry Doors
I would contact LCI directly. I contacted them a little over a year ago about buying something direct and they had no problem with it. IT was an item not offered on our trailer, and I was just researching it. Decided against the purchase for cost reasons, but they had no problem selling it direct. If not, they can at least give you part number to give to a dealer to order for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraboy View Post
Our vengeance 39R12 came with that setup, and IMHO, it's a pain in the rear when you are loading/unloading. Right now I don't see us using it much if at all. That may change after a full years worth of camping, but right now grrrrrrr.
My wife and I commented on this at the RV show. Our first reaction was what a great idea. They I started thinking about how long a campsite you would need to use this, followed by the realization that it might make loading the garage very tough, which is of course the first function of the garage.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Try ??????

Ramp Door Accessories - RV & Trailer Entry Doors

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #8

We have two full-size Harley Trikes we load into the 39R12. To load them, first un-latch the sliding screen door from the inside and open them (they only go half way) Then open the rear ramp door. It comes down level with the cargo bay floor and stops on cables. Then remove the two pins (one on each side) and lower the 8x10 ramp door to the ground. Next pull 4 pins (two on each side) for the railings and stand them up and re-pin the 4 pins. Next, pull the two sliding door pins, so they will open outward. There is nothing to hold them from closing on you, so we will put some latches on later. Then, you are ready to load. After the trikes are loaded, you have to close and re-pin the sliding door from the outside, then crawl over the loaded trikes to latch the sliding door from the inside, or just let them bang around, then reverse the railing process and cable process, and you can finally close the ramp, that is if you have put the pins in correctly, so the ramp door will actually latch and close.
All this, to say nothing of the supersized length campsite you need to actually use the ramp door as a patio.
If this was an option, I would think twice about it.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:16 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Well, never considered all that!
Old 04-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #10

This statment is on the LCI site "LCI only sells this product to aftermarket dealers, distributers, or retail customers on a warranty replacement basis. If you own this product and need it replaced, please call our customer support hotline at 574-537-8900."

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning