Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2014, 09:32 AM   #1

VIP Party Deck with Awning ???

Okay the question is where can I buy this item I have had no luck at the "stealer" I have a 300x12 XLR, I have tore up the web looking for any info only leads me back to new rigs, Camping world, tweetys, not. Can anyone help me out. I cant seem to find an email or number to the factory, I may be looking in the wrong place, thanks.
shield13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shield13 View Post
Okay the question is where can I buy this item I have had no luck at the "stealer" I have a 300x12 XLR, I have tore up the web looking for any info only leads me back to new rigs, Camping world, tweetys, not. Can anyone help me out. I cant seem to find an email or number to the factory, I may be looking in the wrong place, thanks.

Did you google it?
http://www.rvsupplywarehouse.com/dometic-xtend-a-room
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #3

My understanding is it is a factory ONLY option.

http://www.lci1.com/ramp-accessories
drc343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:35 AM   #4
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc343 View Post

http://www.lci1.com/ramp-accessories

Yes that one is a factory only party ramp, however you can turn your ramp into a deck. It just won't have the cables, or railings.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #5

Our vengeance 39R12 came with that setup, and IMHO, it's a pain in the rear when you are loading/unloading. Right now I don't see us using it much if at all. That may change after a full years worth of camping, but right now grrrrrrr.
Ultraboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:30 PM   #6
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drc343 View Post

Ramp Door Accessories - RV & Trailer Entry Doors
I would contact LCI directly. I contacted them a little over a year ago about buying something direct and they had no problem with it. IT was an item not offered on our trailer, and I was just researching it. Decided against the purchase for cost reasons, but they had no problem selling it direct. If not, they can at least give you part number to give to a dealer to order for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraboy View Post
Our vengeance 39R12 came with that setup, and IMHO, it's a pain in the rear when you are loading/unloading. Right now I don't see us using it much if at all. That may change after a full years worth of camping, but right now grrrrrrr.
My wife and I commented on this at the RV show. Our first reaction was what a great idea. They I started thinking about how long a campsite you would need to use this, followed by the realization that it might make loading the garage very tough, which is of course the first function of the garage.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Try ??????

Ramp Door Accessories - RV & Trailer Entry Doors

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:52 PM   #8

We have two full-size Harley Trikes we load into the 39R12. To load them, first un-latch the sliding screen door from the inside and open them (they only go half way) Then open the rear ramp door. It comes down level with the cargo bay floor and stops on cables. Then remove the two pins (one on each side) and lower the 8x10 ramp door to the ground. Next pull 4 pins (two on each side) for the railings and stand them up and re-pin the 4 pins. Next, pull the two sliding door pins, so they will open outward. There is nothing to hold them from closing on you, so we will put some latches on later. Then, you are ready to load. After the trikes are loaded, you have to close and re-pin the sliding door from the outside, then crawl over the loaded trikes to latch the sliding door from the inside, or just let them bang around, then reverse the railing process and cable process, and you can finally close the ramp, that is if you have put the pins in correctly, so the ramp door will actually latch and close.
All this, to say nothing of the supersized length campsite you need to actually use the ramp door as a patio.
If this was an option, I would think twice about it.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #9
Phat Phrog

Well, never considered all that!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #10

This statment is on the LCI site "LCI only sells this product to aftermarket dealers, distributers, or retail customers on a warranty replacement basis. If you own this product and need it replaced, please call our customer support hotline at 574-537-8900."

Current: 2019 Sunseeker 2290S
Previous (2012-2016): 2012 Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe, 2 Mtn. Bikes & 4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #11

And they further state:
Replacement Parts for LCI Patio Railing Kits for Toy Haulers. Note that LCI can not sell a complete kit. Complete kits are sold to OEM's only. These kits CAN NOT be retrofit to existing toy hailer ramp doors. They are sold as original equipment only.

LCI will not accept returns for any retrofit attempts.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #12

Quote:
We have two full-size Harley Trikes we load into the 39R12. To load them, first un-latch the sliding screen door from the inside and open them (they only go half way) Then open the rear ramp door. It comes down level with the cargo bay floor and stops on cables. Then remove the two pins (one on each side) and lower the 8x10 ramp door to the ground. Next pull 4 pins (two on each side) for the railings and stand them up and re-pin the 4 pins. Next, pull the two sliding door pins, so they will open outward. There is nothing to hold them from closing on you, so we will put some latches on later. Then, you are ready to load. After the trikes are loaded, you have to close and re-pin the sliding door from the outside, then crawl over the loaded trikes to latch the sliding door from the inside, or just let them bang around, then reverse the railing process and cable process, and you can finally close the ramp, that is if you have put the pins in correctly, so the ramp door will actually latch and close.
All this, to say nothing of the supersized length campsite you need to actually use the ramp door as a patio.
If this was an option, I would think twice about it.
Wow, that sounds like a lot of extra work to load the bikes. Glad we skipped this option when we ordered our XLR. Now if it would only arrive at the dealer...
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #13

Yup, we would have skipped it too, but it was on there when we bought it. We did our 'walk thru' outside on a cold windy day, so we never got a chance to see just how much trouble it was until we loaded up for our first trip. We are going on several trips this summer, the longest of which is to Grand Junction Co. For three weeks, and we'll have an 80' site, so we'll see if we can find a use for it.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:13 AM   #14
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Yup, we would have skipped it too, but it was on there when we bought it. We did our 'walk thru' outside on a cold windy day, so we never got a chance to see just how much trouble it was until we loaded up for our first trip. We are going on several trips this summer, the longest of which is to Grand Junction Co. For three weeks, and we'll have an 80' site, so we'll see if we can find a use for it.

Oh my gosh that will be fun! You will love the party deck, as far as extra space to hang out!! Our XLR didn't have the party deck. DH didn't want it, but I did. We have two small poodles and they live being in the garage when we have it open and the screen down. We had extra magnets put in to hold the screen down, because it kept popping up. Now it's very secure. An XLR rep in Goshen told me how we can make the deck, by using Jack stands. Problem was, no railing to secure them inside.
It does sound like a royal pain as far as loading and unloading, but I see it as part of setting up the campsite! We do love our XLR, with the ramp down, the screen in place, and the walk thru dinette! It makes for a beautiful spot to have coffee in the morning, or eating dinner! Love it!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:28 AM   #15

RV Chick: what do you haul in your garage? Or do you just use it as extra living space? We thought about the pass through dinette but we both felt it would be in the way of loading and unloading the Harleys...?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:34 AM   #16
Phat Phrog

We take our Harley Road King Classic along! The dinette has been no problem really. When we get ready to load the bike, we take the table apart, stow the legs under the bed, fold down the dinette seating and strap the dinette table to the couch with a ratchet strap! Done! Then raise the couch up! Works great! It is raised up right under the queen bed, and out of the way so riding the Harley up into the garage is no problem!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #17

I was afraid the dinette would cut down on the garage width, as we'll be hauling 2 bikes--my FLHX and her 883 Sporty. So I figured we'd need that extra width instead of the dinette. I wanted it, but after looking at the garage and the width of 2 bikes, I talked myself out of it...
Old 04-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #18
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taranwanderer View Post
I was afraid the dinette would cut down on the garage width, as we'll be hauling 2 bikes--my FLHX and her 883 Sporty. So I figured we'd need that extra width instead of the dinette. I wanted it, but after looking at the garage and the width of 2 bikes, I talked myself out of it...

Oh so your dinette would have folded and stored to the sides? I understand what you mean then! Oh, and I love that your DW rifpdes! I sooooo want to learn to ride, but I LOVE sitting on the back!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Oh so your dinette would have folded and stored to the sides? I understand what you mean then! Oh, and I love that your DW rifpdes! I sooooo want to learn to ride, but I LOVE sitting on the back!
Yep, that how the dinette would have worked. I'm thinking I'm just going to find a dinette table with the round brackets that bolt to the floor and aluminum tubes for legs--then just bolt the brackets to the floor in the center and set up the table when the bikes aren't in there.

As for riding-go take a MSF course first, get comfortable with the idea, and then go bike shopping! There's lots of non-Harley bikes out there that are suitable for beginner riders (as long as your DH isn't a riding snob!). DW rode a Suzuki Boulevard S40 (650cc) for 6 years before buying her 883. Lots of options out there. But the course is the first step. Have fun!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #20
Livin' the Dream

our 2014 came with the party deck
the first thing we did when we got home was to dismantle the system and cables and store it in the attic.
I have no use for it here in the hot Florida sun
vquad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning