Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #1

Water leak

I'm curious if any one else has seen this issue? We went looking at Cherokee toy haulers this past weekend and all 4 the dealer had on the lot had rust stains on the top frame at the rear ramp door. They looked like they all had water leaks! When I showed this to the salesman first he said it was from pressure washing the units and then changed to the ramp seal might have leaked. It couldn't have been the ramp seal because it was above the door. Has anyone else seen this or had problems with this kind of leak?
TMMull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #2

Possible answer

I've come up with my own possible answer. Maybe the rust is from pre-production. Does F/R buy pre-assembled rear ramp frames from a supplier and stock them outside until needed. This would explain why the stains look like the water came through the frame and not the ramp. Also why several trailers had the same staining.
TMMull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:44 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMMull View Post
I've come up with my own possible answer. Maybe the rust is from pre-production. Does F/R buy pre-assembled rear ramp frames from a supplier and stock them outside until needed. This would explain why the stains look like the water came through the frame and not the ramp. Also why several trailers had the same staining.
Yep, and they are sitting around stacked on top of each other at both the manufacturing plant and the assembly plant. Could have been from something rusting on the top one and run down over several others.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:17 AM   #4

I have a 25pack12, I don't remember noticing a stain on mine, but I can assure you the door isn't leaking. Mine has been sitting out in the Buffalo weather uncovered all winter, I went and checked on it last weekend, dry as popcorn fart inside!!! I'd assume it's what you're thinking.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak