Old 11-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Exclamation Wheels and tires

Has anyone had any problems with their 5th wheel toy hauler. I have a 05 sandpiper sport 37' it came with the aluminuim wheels. we had a blow out and when I looked at the wheel the wheel is rated for 80psi @ 3750lbs and the tires they used are hiway trooper LT 235/85/16 G made by greenball well those tires are rated for 110psi @ 3750 LBS be carefull because in order to acheive the 3750 LBS the tires need to be inflated to 110 Lbs and that will exceed the wheel max psi of 80. has anyone had any issues.

gmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
We just got an 05 F37 - the tires and rims looks fine on the surface but I'm worried about this issue as well. I noticed the tires are cracking more than the camper that I had traded in that was two years older - maybe it will take a new set of rims and tires? YUCK!!

Lovell's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
Well, great news!!! about my Greenball Hiway Trooper tires!!

I worried my self sick about the cracks and having a tire failure that I did some investigation. I called Forest River they forwarded me to their service department and I talked to a nice man that suggested I contact Greenball directly.

I took some photos of the tires and emailed a nice letter to Greenball warranty address with the photos in tow. Within 30 seconds I get a phone call from Greenball letting me know where there was a company close by to get new tires to replace the defective tires!!!

WOW!!! I had thought that I was in for a huge bill. This has got to be to good to be true. I took the tires off (no small task - lots of wood blocks used) and took them to the rep company that Greenball uses. I think it would be ok to say who they are, they were very helpful and willing to work with me. Discount Tire in Roy Utah.

Anyway, problems solved and I'm a customer for life!!

Thanks Greenball for stepping up!!!
'05 RAM 3500
'05 Sandpiper
'and as many toys and I can get in the F37!
Lovell's is offline   Reply With Quote