Old 10-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #1

Wildwood Heater issues !!!

Have a 2008 wildwood 28ft BHS and the heater just stopped working ??? was running fine then nothing . Blower comes on but burner wont ignite ?? just blows cold air then shuts off. also how in the heck do you get at heater for service.there is no access panel on outside and it is under counter next to water heater ??

Old 10-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt c View Post
Have a 2008 wildwood 28ft BHS and the heater just stopped working ??? was running fine then nothing . Blower comes on but burner wont ignite ?? just blows cold air then shuts off. also how in the heck do you get at heater for service.there is no access panel on outside and it is under counter next to water heater ??
I assume you have checked the obvious.
Propane?
Other tank?
Air in lines?
Wasp nest in flue?

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #3

have propane . no wasps. air in lines? Stove and water heater work fine
Old 10-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

This sounds to me like a lock-out. Basically, the control and/or ignition circuits shut down and do not allow furnace operation if potential safety problems are detected.

Are you on AC or DC right now? Low voltage could be a problem if you are on DC.

You can attempt to reset by turning the thermostat switch off and changing the set temperature to a low enough value so there is no demand for heat and waiting 10-15 seconds (maybe hard to do if its freezing out). Then turn the thermostat on and set the temperature to the desired level and the furnace should attempt to start again.

But, this doesn't really explain why it locked out in the first place. If not low voltage then it gets more complicated - the sail switch, high limit switch, control circuit board or loose wires could also be a problem.

Remember that lock-out is a safety feature. Its trying to keep something bad from happening. You might want to take this in if you are uncomfortable with any of this.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #5

A/C or D/C does not work on either .Spoke to local dealer they mentioned circut board also .how does one service such a unit (suburban gas heater) when it is in the corner under the counter next to hot water heater with no external access ??
Old 10-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt c
A/C or D/C does not work on either .Spoke to local dealer they mentioned circut board also .how does one service such a unit (suburban gas heater) when it is in the corner under the counter next to hot water heater with no external access ??
That... I do not know. I'm just not familiar with your floorplan so hopefully someone else chimes in. Can the dealer help you with access?

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #7

just read some other posts about other heater problems like mine . so I tried turning on my heater again this time I went outside and covered air intake with my hand heater fires up runs . remove hand from intake flame goes out igniter kicks on but won`t refire if intake is left wide open . cover intake part way it works im thinking maby burner needs to be cleaned not enough flame to handle all the air being blown in . any ideas or suggestions would be great . thanks

Tags
wildwood, heater