Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
Exclamation Wildwood hitch issue

Need help from you knowledgabe folks, just purchased Wildwood toyhauler, have Dodge with 8ft bed, installed BNW companion 5th wheel. In search of standard kingpin box to replace this sidewinder (see picture - tongue too long) ... suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0174(1).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	18009  
__________________

__________________
Wyreteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Check this out:
Largo, FL Trailer Hitch - 5th Wheel Hitch - Trailer Parts
__________________

__________________
Silverado 1500 looking forward to tow rv trailer soon
andrew963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Call Cheyenne camper sales in Walcott Iowa .
I was just there last week and seen plenty of used pins and new to.

563-285-7878

Www.Cheyennecampingcenter.com
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyreteck View Post
Need help from you knowledgabe folks, just purchased Wildwood toyhauler, have Dodge with 8ft bed, installed BNW companion 5th wheel. In search of standard kingpin box to replace this sidewinder (see picture - tongue too long) ... suggestions?
Why replace it? If you don't like it swiveling at the back, just lock it out and take the wedge off from behind the pin.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

Why replace it? If you don't like it swiveling at the back, just lock it out and take the wedge off from behind the pin.
Didn't know you could lock it out.
Good to know.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Didn't know you could lock it out.
Good to know.
The flat one is just a different configuration, both types work the same way. My 5er came from the factory with it locked out. Had to have the dealer unlock it and install a non-slider hitch to make the sidewinder feature work on my shortbed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 10K Revolution Sidewinder Instructions.pdf (532.2 KB, 30 views)
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

The flat one is just a different configuration, both types work the same way. My 5er came from the factory with it locked out. Had to have the dealer unlock it and install a non-slider hitch to make the sidewinder feature work on my shortbed.
Makes sense.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
If you don't need the sidewinder, I can see why you would want to get rid of it. I am not sure if anyone would want a used one, but maybe you could post a new thread with the heading 'swap sidewinder hitch', or something to that effect.
__________________

__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kingpin, wildwood, hitch

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.