Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2018, 08:54 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 18
Wiring diagram

Iím looking for a diagram to help find the path of the 12v wire that goes into the slide out. I have no power to the lights. And no lights showing an open circuit in the Panel box
Any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you
Fred
__________________

vanderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 173
I've been told that there is no "official" wiring diagram to these trailers. Each installer has their own ideas about where the wiring for their particular component should run. You will likely have to trace the wiring hand over hand to find what you are looking for.
__________________

otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:05 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderf View Post
Iím looking for a diagram to help find the path of the 12v wire that goes into the slide out. I have no power to the lights. And no lights showing an open circuit in the Panel box
Any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you
Fred
My trailer has a switch at the door to turn the lights on. Each light also has a switch. high/low/off. Give it a look.
__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:32 AM   #4
D W
Senior Member
 
D W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ALASKA (World's Biggest Campground)
Posts: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by otrtrucker View Post
I've been told that there is no "official" wiring diagram to these trailers. Each installer has their own ideas about where the wiring for their particular component should run. You will likely have to trace the wiring hand over hand to find what you are looking for.
X2. Run the slide out, crawl underneath and inspect the branch circuit harness that runs to the slide out.
__________________
'04 K3500 Silverado LS with LS3 Connect & Cruise- with Intimidator SSI PKG- Reprogrammed 4L80E
2016 Salem 27RKSS
1984 CHEV SCOTTSDALE K20 2GCGK24J0E1XXXXXX (Chevrolet Legends-Class of 2019)
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
X2. Run the slide out, crawl underneath and inspect the branch circuit harness that runs to the slide out.
Thank you for your response

I did this and found a break but I still have no power and no fuse light on. I'm trying to find where its tied in. Any other ideas would be great thank you
vanderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:16 AM   #6
D W
Senior Member
 
D W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ALASKA (World's Biggest Campground)
Posts: 1,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderf View Post
Thank you for your response

I did this and found a break but I still have no power and no fuse light on. I'm trying to find where its tied in. Any other ideas would be great thank you
Do you have 12v at the fuse?
__________________
'04 K3500 Silverado LS with LS3 Connect & Cruise- with Intimidator SSI PKG- Reprogrammed 4L80E
2016 Salem 27RKSS
1984 CHEV SCOTTSDALE K20 2GCGK24J0E1XXXXXX (Chevrolet Legends-Class of 2019)
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:22 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 118
electrical diagram

I had a similar problem where the slide had no power to it . I found the fuse for the slide was actually at a terminal block on the frame where all the wires connect from the battery.Trace your wires from the battery till you come to a terminal block, there you may find individual fuses hidden in the wiring. They are large amperage fuse's like 20 or 30 amp.
__________________
South Bend Indiana
Rockwood, 2015 Ultra V 2715vs
05 gmc 2500HD Duramax/Allison
Happy Camper 2715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:24 AM   #8
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 12,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper 2715 View Post
I had a similar problem where the slide had no power to it . I found the fuse for the slide was actually at a terminal block on the frame where all the wires connect from the battery.Trace your wires from the battery till you come to a terminal block, there you may find individual fuses hidden in the wiring. They are large amperage fuse's like 20 or 30 amp.
You're talking about power to slide motors. The OP is asking about power to 12v lights which would be much smaller fuses... not the same circuit as the slide motor.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 86; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #9
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 12,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Do you have 12v at the fuse?
This ^^^^.

Meter from fuse connection on one side to ground.
Meter from other side fuse connection to ground.
Do you have power on either side? Both sides? Some of us have learned NOT to trust the red "fuse out" lights.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 86; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 18
If the red light is not on is the circuits not powered? I'll check that out in the morning.
Thanks
vanderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:28 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
You're talking about power to slide motors. The OP is asking about power to 12v lights which would be much smaller fuses... not the same circuit as the slide motor.
No power to the lights
vanderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:36 AM   #12
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 12,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderf View Post
No power to the lights
Yes... that's what I said --- to Happy Camper 2715. You are the OP.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 86; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:40 AM   #13
Site Team
 
Mr. Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Grayson County, Texas
Posts: 12,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderf View Post
If the red light is not on is the circuits not powered? I'll check that out in the morning.
Thanks
I'm not sure what you said/asked there but we've see cases where the red light DIDN'T come on when the fuse was bad/blown... meaning the red light did not come on and warn that the fuse was blown. I'm not saying that's your case. I'm saying put a meter to it instead of assuming the fuse is good and the circuit is energized just because the red warning light is off. I hope this helps.
__________________
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 =111/'19 = 86; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:49 AM   #14
Head Rambler
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 7,045
As Dan eluded to above, those blown fuse indicators aren't very reliable in the power distribution panels they put in these RV's. Test each fuse with a meter to make sure they're good. Even looking at them isn't a good way to tell.
__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a GMC Sierra 2500HD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:12 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Brother Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BoCoMo
Posts: 2,403
Did you have a bulb burn out and you installed a 'new one'? Check that bulb again for being correct.
__________________
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:49 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 18
Thanks everyone for your help As I figured the wire was pulled and broke in the wall now I have to figure out the best was the open up and repair it. Never a dull moment but spring is near.

Thanks again
vanderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:19 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by otrtrucker View Post
I've been told that there is no "official" wiring diagram to these trailers. Each installer has their own ideas about where the wiring for their particular component should run. You will likely have to trace the wiring hand over hand to find what you are looking for.
This hearsay thinking and accepting being bullied by the RV industry is why the problems continue. Do not take offense, but do not let them get away with this atrocious behavior. Insist on them doing it right - even if it is not the first time.

I did, will, and always insist on attempting to do it the right way. I have my TT wiring from FR factory, but it took 4 months, phone calls, emails, and .... Attached are only 2 of the dozen or so official "drawings" I had them send me. I had a 1 on 1 with my factory warranty rep. I can not say all of them are that good or nice - In fact most are _______. I'll let you fill in the blank.

I am sure yours are available!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FR Interior Switch Panel.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	162924   Click image for larger version

Name:	FR JBox & A Frame.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	162925  
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:13 AM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 18
Thank you I will start my calls today👍👍
vanderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:21 AM   #19
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270S View Post
This hearsay thinking and accepting being bullied by the RV industry is why the problems continue. Do not take offense, but do not let them get away with this atrocious behavior. Insist on them doing it right - even if it is not the first time.

I did, will, and always insist on attempting to do it the right way. I have my TT wiring from FR factory, but it took 4 months, phone calls, emails, and .... Attached are only 2 of the dozen or so official "drawings" I had them send me. I had a 1 on 1 with my factory warranty rep. I can not say all of them are that good or nice - In fact most are _______. I'll let you fill in the blank.

I am sure yours are available!
Sure would like to see the rest of them!
Herk
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 18
OK I found the break it is in the wall between the garage and the main cabin. My question is will it be under the wall in the garage or under the floor going up into the wall?? I donít want to just start cutting holes

Thank you
__________________

vanderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wiring, diagram

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 PM.


×