Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #1

America's Largest RV show

Anyone else going to "America's Largest RV Show" in Hershey PA on 9/11 - 9/15? I will be there trying not to spend too much money...... I never went before. I hope to check out a seminar or 2

Largest RV Show button page

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan2503S View Post
Anyone else going to "America's Largest RV Show" in Hershey PA on 9/11 - 9/15? I will be there trying not to spend too much money...... I never went before. I hope to check out a seminar or 2

Excellent show... takes at least 2 days to see it all IMHO.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #3

Does anyone know of a REASONABLE motel/hotel in the area close to the show. Seems that all the campgrounds are (not surprisingly) booked up.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Does anyone know of a REASONABLE motel/hotel in the area close to the show. Seems that all the campgrounds are (not surprisingly) booked up.
This is a very big facility , so you can camp on the arena grounds. Checkout their website for details. I have reservations at a campground in Gettysburg PA... 45 minutes away to the south.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #5

Hershey RV Show & Rockwook Mini

Hey Bryan250S,

We're going to the Hershey show on Wednesday. It seems to be the best day since they are all set up and crowds are not too bad. The show is usually VERY HOT, but hopefully this year will be different. We're going mostly to see the Rockwood Mini for 2014. We want to see how roomy it is since we've never seen a traler with a Murphy bed. One of our concerns is the fact that we just purchased a memory foam mattress for our current RV and we were wondering if it could be used on the MB. What's your opinion of your vehicle....pros....cons.

thanks,
anteekseller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #6

We had initially planned on going with friends, but due to work we aren't able to make it. We were really looking forward to seeing all the offerings.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #7

I love my Mini. No major issues and the murphy bed is really nice I think. I still have the stock mattress. I have read a few threads on this website that people have added 3in memory foam toppers on top of the stock mattress and that fits fine. Not sure about a complete mattress replacement though. If your mattress is a true queen size it may be a little to long. I think the murphy bed is called queen sized but may be a little shorter then a true queen you would buy for home.

Bring a tape measure and good luck!

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
Old 08-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #8

Quote:

Pretty much all the hotels / motel in Harrisburg & Mechanicsburg will put you within a 20 - 30 min drive to the show.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #9

My wife and I are going
Do not know what day we will keep a eye on the weather
Going to drive 2Hr away
We will be looking to upgrade from our Coachman 28BHS TT to a Rockwood 8286 FW
I have been talking to RV wholesalers about prices so I have something to compare with
Looking forward to the show

Jason

2013 F350 SB,CC Lariat Ruby Red,3.73Gears,5Star Tuned,,Line-X Bed,Extang Platinum Cover,Airlift LoadLifter 5000 Bags,Airlift Wireless Air controller,Reese Signature Series Fifth Wheel Rail Kit,B&W Fifth Wheel Hitch,2014 Flagstaff 8528BHWS
thetiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #10

The following week is when all the mfg show off and ddebut upgrades, floor plans and new units. It is they say a dealer only show but if you drove by and stopped they let u look at the units. This show covers most of Elkhart empty fields soon are full of campers. Each mfg sets up In a different location. It is pretty impressive to drive around and see
mshell56118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by anteekseller42 View Post
Hey Bryan250S,

We're going to the Hershey show on Wednesday. It seems to be the best day since they are all set up and crowds are not too bad. The show is usually VERY HOT, but hopefully this year will be different. We're going mostly to see the Rockwood Mini for 2014. We want to see how roomy it is since we've never seen a traler with a Murphy bed. One of our concerns is the fact that we just purchased a memory foam mattress for our current RV and we were wondering if it could be used on the MB. What's your opinion of your vehicle....pros....cons.

thanks,
Just jumping in to say how much we LOVE our Mini 2304 with Murphy bed. It is a short queen 60 x 74 " ( instead of 80 for full queen) , and ours is a heated mattress.
We did find some poor workmanship on the installation of the bed, so DH made some repairs. We checked ours after reading on a forum how someone else's bed pulled loose and had to have serious repairs. Aside from that we find the bed easy to use, quite comfy, and love that it's out of the way during the day. We added a egg crate style topper also but it was comfortable enough before we added it.
As another Mini owner said to me recently here on FRF, you get all the convenience of a 30 ft trailer in a lighter, easier to tow 24 ft TT.
We did remove the end table from the wall on my side as I had a hard time squeezing in to get in and out of bed and when trying to make the bed. Plenty of room with it gone and it didn't serve much of a purpose anyway.
2013 Days Camped, since April: 33
DKirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #12

We'll be there looking at the 5'er's to start planning in a few years for one. figure use our '13 Prime Time a little more first before upgrading again, but start looking to see what's out there
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
There's overnight camping right on the parking lot. $20 a night is what we've paid. No hook-ups but it's paved and there are security at the lot. They run shuttles around the lot as well to the camping area.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #14

it looks like they raised it to 25.00
Overnight Parking

2013 F350 SB,CC Lariat Ruby Red,3.73Gears,5Star Tuned,,Line-X Bed,Extang Platinum Cover,Airlift LoadLifter 5000 Bags,Airlift Wireless Air controller,Reese Signature Series Fifth Wheel Rail Kit,B&W Fifth Wheel Hitch,2014 Flagstaff 8528BHWS
thetiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #15

Quote:

Hi
My wife and I went last year we got there 8 in the morning left around 8 that night. We were beat a lot of up and downstairs getting in and out of the campers. If your looking to bye go to eBay and get an idea of what the campers are going for. Campers have a bigger mark up than cars. To save a Lot of extra looking for nothing decide if you want an gelcoat sides or aluminum Rib. I knew we didn't like the rib style so we eliminated that style right off the bat. Another big consideration is what the sub-flooring is made of a lot of manufactures use strand board that is bad stuff; and plywood. The difference is the strand board is cancer causing plus if this material gets wet it rots and swells and to hard to repair. I was getting major headaches as soon as I wallet into one; you can smell it. If you remember Katrina FEMA supplied campers to the homeless they had to get rid of hundreds of campers because they were made with strand board. Plywood is just the opposite and much stronger. Next look at the options in each camper some are better than others. We bought a tracer 3150 BH not at the show but from a dealer in our area. The dealers at the show are all over the road with pricing if you do find one at the show you like get that dealers best price but don't commit call a dealer close to your area and see what he gets for the same thing you might be surprised. A big thing to remember is the service after the sale some dealers get an attitude if you don't buy from them. I had one camper I fell in love with at the show we were $ 5,000 apart he wouldn't budge and neither would I. I even went to his dealership 7 hours from my house still know deal I went to another and found the tracer they wanted $28,000 I countered with with $23,000 they came back with $26,000 another know deal. I went out into there parking found a dealer two hours from my home. I called them up asked if they had one in stock; no but could have one in two weeks they also told me it had $4,500 in free options I asked them if they would take $23,000; yes I drove another 9 hours back and signed the papers. One thing I forgot to mention is how much your vehicle can tow if your not sure call your local car dealer and give them you VIN # they should be able to tell you. If you still have your vehicle window sticker with the info that will help as well.camper dealers also have books to help you out. I hope this helps out also ask if any dealer or manufacture rebates and free options. Happy hunting
Mike from R I
trainmaster77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #16

Thanks Mike, But I already bought a TT this year. I am going primarily to look at accessories and possibly take in a seminar or 2 on how to better take care of my TT. I will definitely be checking out some new models tho. Have to start planning for my 5th wheel purchase in 4-6 years...right?

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
Old 09-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #17

We live 1.5 hours north of Hershey and are planning to attend the show on Friday. I am looking to purchase my first TT in the next 6 months. Hope I get lots of ideas!!
JEFF1508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #18

Quote:

The wife and I are going out on Saturday, Looking to look at and maybe buy our 1st V-Lite.
Bob57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show