Old 03-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #91

We are happy with our 2014 Forest River Sierra 346 RET. Other than minor issues we had with little things around the trailer. I have a problem with the service in my area. We had our unit at the dealership for 4 months fixing these things. I also had awnings installed over all slideouts. We have owned 4 campers and Forest River I think has been the best quality. I personally think Cedar Creek is one of the best built campers. But that's the difference you get from spending 45K to 60K. We just didn't want to spend that much.

2012 Chevy Silverado 3500HD CC 6.6 Turbo Diesel LTZ 4x4

Days camped in 2014 44
Sierra346 RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:45 PM   #92

I owned a Thor Huricane for ten years. It had initial issues that were fixed and gave me many years of good service. Fast forward...bought a 2013 Encounter by Coachman. It had initial problems that were corrected and life was happy until an 18 wheeler turned into us and made 47K of damage. It is almost repaired and am looking to continue the RV life. Read other blogs of other manufacturers, even high end ones and you will see they have initial issues. Check, you will even see their blogs say they put out a POS. Bottom line, when you pick up your unit go through it thoroughly with the dealer Rep, exercise everything and have THEM list the deficiencies. If there is nothing major...take it home go camping, note any issues you discover, call the dealer and make an appointment to get the 'fixes' repeat the process, eventually everything should be accessed, if not...go to a FROG Rally. Enjoy your unit, enjoy the RV life style with your family (pets included). It is an experience like no other.

1nshort

Old 03-10-2015, 07:22 PM   #93

We bought a Roo 21SS last April. We camped many times this summer and love the trailer. The only problem we had was the water filter canister kept coming off. We contacted the manufacturer and the gave us a new one. No problems since.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:42 PM   #94

No major complaints here!

Though for the price of the XLR's i would have expected a little better fit and finish, not that anything is horrible by any means, but if you start digging around and looking for flaws, youll find them...

But, in the end, i basically picked it up and threw my crap into it and have been living/working out of it for the last 8 months. Short of building some skirting and tossing a little electric heater under there i didnt have to do anything else to prep it for winter living. Though we didnt have an extremely cold winter, we had a couple weeks of -35c and normal lows around -25c at night for most of the winter
Old 03-15-2015, 05:13 PM   #95

We just sold our 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S travel trailer last week. We had a number of "small to medium" problems with it, some due to poor design/engineering (I am an engineer), some to poor quality control, and some due to just plain wear-and-tear. All but one of the problems occurred after the one-year warranty expired, so all but that one dealer-repaired water leak were fixed by yours truly.

We had the very heavy refrigerator door raised-panel drop out and hit the floor twice (QC issue), the bolt connecting the arm between the slide motor to the slide rack break and blow a fuse located under the trailer frame (engineering & design issues), the hanger for the sewer dump valves break twice (engineering & wear problems), a ceiling light fixture short out (QC issue), and the four lag screws holding the high-torque slide motor pull out of the non-structural vacuum-bonded wall (design issue).

Despite these problems, the 2109S was a perfect size and weight for a first RV for a retired couple. We traveled 25,000 miles, including a 10,000-mile trip through western Canada and Alaska, and spent 170 nights in it. So, why sell it? Not because we were unhappy with it, but because we ordered a new Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 5th wheel trailer last month.

That means we are either really dumb or the problems we had didn't significantly impact our enjoyment of the RV lifestyle or Rockwood trailers. It's up to you to decide which!

New: 2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244WS 5th Wheel
2015 Ram 2500 CC-SB 6.7L Cummins turbodiesel 4x4
Sold: 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:14 PM   #96

Very happy with our "Little One"

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:39 AM   #97

Very happy with our 341DS class A. Sure, there are issues - any complex system is expected to have some, but we haven't had any "quality" type issues that a small minority is reporting.
Overall, pretty happy.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #98

How To Avoiding Mountain Routes & Good Experience with 8280

We purchased our Rockwood 8280sw in Jan. and have taken about 6 trips of 75-200 miles as shake down trips. We are planning some 1000+ trips over the Summer and Fall. So far, our Rockwood has been great to tow, with no problems.
As a related item, I came across a hint on how to avoid mountains when towing. Go to Google Maps, put in your planned trip. Then click on the "Bike Route " tab. It will give you the elevation at every point along your route, which enables you to choose alternatives, if desired.

Regards,
Rich Kanehl
The Villages Fl.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:37 AM   #99
Mod free 5er

Thoroughly disgusted with our Flagstaff, it gets dirty and will not "self clean" itself!
Old 04-01-2015, 12:22 PM   #100
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Thoroughly disgusted with our Flagstaff, it gets dirty and will not "self clean" itself!
'Smart' cars have the answer... they come with tear-off's like Nascar uses on their wind-sheilds. If bugs won't wash off, tah-dah!

Tags
forest river