Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #281

We purchased our Flagstaff/FR on 1/15/16. The Roof Assist went out the first day after we got it home. We took our trip then came home took it to a local FR dealership they had it for 7 days. They had to order the parts and do a minor repair on an outside light. We are very pleased with the response time FR and the dealer.
Mountain Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #282

We have a 38 FL and no problems with the unit .if there was it was due to dealer not knowing how things work .plain on buying another CC
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:46 PM   #283
Georgia Rally Coordinator

We be good no issues and really like our camper. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #284

Angry Wildcat problems.

On my second Wildcat fifth wheel. . The first was bought used. Was an extra clean unit and had few problems (developed some outside panel joint separation and decal pealing). The second I bought new in 2009 and have numerous problems. Have only pulled short distances and have probably towed less than 5000 miles. The trailer has always been babied and kept in covered storsge when not in use. Have gone thru 2 sets of tires (with two blowouts causing trailer damage). I suspect axles are misaligned). On fourth power converter and now disconnect battery after each use so I won't use converter/charger except for camping. Just trying to prolong converter life as long as possible. Gas detector lasted maybe 1 year. Had to replaced propane switchover valve. Awning wont stay aligned. Bath faucet had to be replaced. No more FR products for me. Oh yes,
Waste valve for the galley tank would never fully close due to tank outlet placement in relation to the valve and extra long (8' ) valve cable. Had to add an extra twist on valve to the end of the master valve and replace the galley valve with a short stem type. I now have to reach around behind a tire to dump the galley tank. Also hydraulic cylinder underneath the bed failed in less than 5 uses. Etc. Etc.
bmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #285

On our forth Forest River camper. I must admit, we've had great success with FR RVs. The Puma in 2004 was great for four years and thousands of miles. The Sabre later on was wonderful but we only had it a year because we wanted to get a toy hauler. Then we bought a Heartland Cyclone.....

After the Cyclone, we bought a Work & Play 30WRS. Great camper and tough as nails. I retired from ATV racing this year so we sold the W&P and bought our present toy hauler, the Vengeance 40D12. Took one trip so far and all the gadgets and gizmos worked perfectly. I hope it does great because so far, we LOVE it.

Back to the Heartland Cyclone. Two years of miserable failures, one after another. Dealing with Heartland was a nightmare as well. I'll sleep in a tent before I buy another Heartland camper. Funny but several of the dealers we talked with looking for our next hauler advised us not to get one of their Cyclones or Road Warriors. They said they'd been having big quality issues lately.
KFX450RXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:38 PM   #286

Love my 2011 Coachman Freedom Express 295RLDS. Minor issues with fit and finish, all repaired as normal. Great trailer but outgrowing floor plan.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:49 PM   #287
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

After a year and 12000 miles towing, the check valve on my Sureflow water pump failed. Nothing urgnt, a simple work around, a minor inconvenience and we continued our month long trip until I got home. Yesterday I went to the Forest River website and filled out an email to the Customer Support rep indicated by my VIN number. That was late yesterday. This morning I received an email from Forest River's Dan Dobecki

Good morning Mr. Smith

I will be having a water pump sent to you. I will not need the old pump returned.

Thank you

Dan Dobecki
Towable Warranty Manager

Now that's good service! Yes I like my Wildcat!
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #288
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbillsmith View Post
After a year and 12000 miles towing, the check valve on my Sureflow water pump failed. Nothing urgnt, a simple work around, a minor inconvenience and we continued our month long trip until I got home. Yesterday I went to the Forest River website and filled out an email to the Customer Support rep indicated by my VIN number. That was late yesterday. This morning I received an email from Forest River's Dan Dobecki

Good morning Mr. Smith

I will be having a water pump sent to you. I will not need the old pump returned.

Thank you

Dan Dobecki
Towable Warranty Manager

Now that's good service! Yes I like my Wildcat!
FOLLOWUP: It's been 1 week since my email to Customer Service. UPS showed up this afternoon with a carefully packed, brand new Shurflow water pump. No charge and freight paid by FR. That is what I call great Warranty Service. Thank you Dan Dobecki.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:53 PM   #289

We got our 16 salem hemisphere 302 FK last july a cpl minor issues easily fixed by our local dealer. Having a good dealer with a good shop helps. So far we are very satisfied. This forum can be very helpful too, many knowledgeable ppl eager to help.
Bear fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #290

New Rockwood Owner

[B][B]
I have been on two short(1000 mile round trip) adventures with my 2016 Rockwood 5ver and have only had a couple of minor problems. The last one was the wiring harness run UNDER the furnace so it shorted out the refrigerator just I was about to pull away from the curb and head to Indiana. I have a great dealer (Johnston RV Country) and they had me bring right out, diagnosed the problem and fixed it and I was back on the road in 30 minutes. Other than that, the RV has been great and handles wonderfully on the highway.

My experience with RV's is that they all have issues, some worse than others, and you just have to do the normal preventative maintenance as you would on anything mechanical. That's half the fun anyways!
2021 Ford f150 XLT, 5L, Garmin RV760MT
Travel Companions - Zoey and Zeus
fayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:44 PM   #291

I have had my Catalina 333RETS for about 1 year. I have used it for ~ 120 days during that period. The only issue I have had was one of the electric fireplaces stopped working. (It has 2 fireplaces.) It was replaced under warranty. My wife and I found it is a comfortable trailer for extended periods.
Goldwing 1800GL
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:04 AM   #292

I'm not trying to upset or anger anyone, just voicing my opinion/experience with my 2014 Shasta revere. Hopefully it help others with their choice. Mine was a complete POS from day one. The battery box cover flew off 1 mile from the dealer on the day we picked it up, and the problems continued till the day I got rid of it. I won't list all the problems, I don't have that much time. But I will tell a quick story. When we were doing the walk around on our new TT (different brand) the dealer asked why I was trading in such a new Shasta Revere. While I tried to think of a line of BS, he asked me how it towed. Before I could answer he said all their drivers that go to Indiana to pick them up fight over who has to bring them to the dealer because they tow so terribly, to the point of being dangerous. That was a nice little tip from an inside guy. sorry, but I think Shasta, and forest river, are complete 100% junk.
Mad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #293

My 2016 27VRL came with tires rated too low for the TT. Sent FR mountains of figures and information and proof that this is the case. They sent back something they had Lionshead type up two days ago, and are standing by that.

$800 down the tube for me to purchase the correct tires (5) and have them installed. That is if my rims will handle the PSI, can't get response from FR what brand rims I have so i can find out their limits.

I'm sure they won't cover trailer damage when i cross-country next month and they blow, so I have no choice but to replace at my dime.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #294

We are very happy.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:51 PM   #295

My door is damaged from a break-in... and Forest River's Surveyor/R-Pod Parts group has been very helpful... Lois is good! My door was ordered about 10 days ago, and they told me it would be at least 2 weeks before they got it. It would then have to be boxed and shipped. But they've proven to be on the ball and it shipped yesterday... Now if it's the right door and graphics... I'll be pretty happy with at least that part of Forest River!
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 01:53 AM   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul GA View Post
My 2016 27VRL came with tires rated too low for the TT. Sent FR mountains of figures and information and proof that this is the case. They sent back something they had Lionshead type up two days ago, and are standing by that.

$800 down the tube for me to purchase the correct tires (5) and have them installed. That is if my rims will handle the PSI, can't get response from FR what brand rims I have so i can find out their limits.

I'm sure they won't cover trailer damage when i cross-country next month and they blow, so I have no choice but to replace at my dime.
If you got Trail Express "c" rated change them now to "d" rated I'll attach pictures of the rims they use and PSI of the rims. Also the rim should be stamped on the inside but the tire has to be removed to read it. may be this will help. If they are Alum alloy, or they could be I think they are called Sumac rims Rockwood and Flagstaff use the same rims.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rockwood rims (1).pdf (228.4 KB, 47 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:17 AM   #297
Senior Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul GA View Post

You are lucky that you have the 15" size that can be upgraded. My trailer came with 14" wheels and there is no real way to up grade. I wish I could change the wheel size but I don't think that's an option for me.

No problems so far I just drive slow and keep my cargo weight managed.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:31 AM   #298
DW's 401(k) Plan

3 in 8 Years

I'm on my 3rd FR product in 8 years.
2008 Roo 23SS from March 2008 until Sept 2013 - No problems
2014 Flagstaff 27BESS from Sept 2013 until April 2016 - No problems
2017 Sunseeker 3010DS at present. Only problems are not of FR fault- probably more handling by others (scuffed trim piece and scratch in decal, as well as TV which goes on and off by itself).

As with everything, there's going to be some products that are great, some are terrible. Everyone has an opinion and opinions vary. What I might feel is a big issue, others look at it as no big deal.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:30 AM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post
You are lucky that you have the 15" size that can be upgraded. My trailer came with 14" wheels and there is no real way to up grade. I wish I could change the wheel size but I don't think that's an option for me.

No problems so far I just drive slow and keep my cargo weight managed.
In all my discussion with FR, they only changed the tire/wheel size, nothing else not axle spacing or anything else. Apparently someone discovered the overweight issue (but won't admit it) and changed over to 15" before March 2015. Mine was made after, and was supposed to come with 15" but stubborn FR won't admit their mistake.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:32 AM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
I'm on my 3rd FR product in 8 years.
2008 Roo 23SS from March 2008 until Sept 2013 - No problems
2014 Flagstaff 27BESS from Sept 2013 until April 2016 - No problems
2017 Sunseeker 3010DS at present. Only problems are not of FR fault- probably more handling by others (scuffed trim piece and scratch in decal, as well as TV which goes on and off by itself).

As with everything, there's going to be some products that are great, some are terrible. Everyone has an opinion and opinions vary. What I might feel is a big issue, others look at it as no big deal.

I also have a cracked table and an inoperable power stabilizer jack. I'm willing to fix that on my own even though I'm in warranty cause I see overloaded tires as a bigger safety issue. Pick my battles ya know?

Tags
forest river