Old 11-07-2015, 11:44 PM   #171

Any happy fr owners

We. Ordered our Mbs in July picked it up in Sept. Then left for OR coast then off to Calif. we have had a few issues but for the most we could not be happier. Plenty of power.super easy to drive. With the slide out lots of room.After we got back set app with dealer to fix the problems and they took care of all of them but the mattress . Which I'm thinking of just replacing. I've followed a lot of complaints on this forum but maybe we got lucky and got a good one without all the problems that others have had. VERRY SATASFIDED.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:29 AM   #172

I loved ours, was singing the praises... then it went in for warranty slide issues and a water leak. that was June, now it's November and still no rv. really bummed out.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:18 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorbuthappy View Post
I loved ours, was singing the praises... then it went in for warranty slide issues and a water leak. that was June, now it's November and still no rv. really bummed out.
Youve been without your camper for 5 months???? You are WAY more patient than 99% of us!! You need to be escalating with dealer, Forest River, and/or BBB until you get to resolution. What make/model/year is your unit?
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:45 AM   #174

We're on our third FR and have only good things to say about them, FR and Couch's where we bought the last one.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
Old 11-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
Youve been without your camper for 5 months???? You are WAY more patient than 99% of us!! You need to be escalating with dealer, Forest River, and/or BBB until you get to resolution. What make/model/year is your unit?
My dealer had mine for nearly two months the first go around with no resolution, I took it back a few months later and they had it four months until I finally said they had it long enough and I needed it, again with no resolution.

The Sierra rep refused to communicate with me. I was advised to go over his head and then they never responded to my email requests.

Now it's back at the dealer after some discussion with the new dealer GM. They claim it's ready and in less than a month this time.

So out of the first 22 months of ownership it has spent nearly seven at the dealer. C'est La Vie.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:24 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by purduepete97 View Post
it a 2014 sunseeker 2250. poulsbo RV has been doing the work, the warranty process is horrible. dealer reports problem to LCI or FR, wait for part to arrive, replace part, same problem try a different part.... they have replaced every single part on the slide. now FR is thinking its the lack of skills at dealer. this whole deal is out of control. the worst part is no one seams to give any f's. I had over 45 nights and 10,000 miles before I brought it in. I was so happy with it, now I tell people it's not even close to worth it. it's a gamble what you are going to get from the factory, if you win then sweet, but getting the lemon sucks. waiting for all this to get resolved before we bring in the lawyers, there is a chance FR is going to do the right thing.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #177

Our Rockwood 2304S was purchased new in 2011 and has had very few issues. The slide motor went out the first year and the dealer repaired it quickly. Other than that it has been good TT. We are very pleased with the quality of the Rockwood TT.
jwuertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:50 AM   #178

2015 Windjammer

My Dealer has been waiting to get two doors for replacement in my 3025w. The unit came with a cracked bathroom door and have been waiting a year for it.Meanwhile noticed the window on the outside rear door is not sealed at the bottom letting water get inside the door. Used some sealant on it to fix it but noticed the frame was all distorted like someone ran over it. The same door has a spider crack in the gelcote by the handle. Dealer said they would order a new door,that was over four months ago.Still waiting,why doesn't Forest River not do a better job on sending things out to fix there units with issues that should have never left the factory with? THEY NEED BETTER Q.C. I have had to fix things like junk noisy fans behind the fridge,no radio because the antenna is junk,blue lights in the fridge,the underbelly falling down,and cheap china bomb tires.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:07 AM   #179

We got out 335DS last December after trading in a 17 year old Bounder 32H. Of course 17 years have done a lot to class A's, like slides and a residential frig, flat panel TVs... I can fix most things myself an have to admit that we have had few problems with the 335. If you look at a modern TT or RV it is basically a box with a lot of 3rd party systems in it. You can't fault FR if a furnace quits. I find that the dealers come up pretty short when it comes to anything. Virtually all of my problems were setup errors (automatic front shade, Jensen TV and a popped GFI on the Xantrex inverter.) Solved all of these problems on the internet in an hour or two. Bottom line, keep after your dealer and make sure they have filed for warranty issues and ordered any parts.

We love our 335 and would recommend FR to anyone.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 02:06 PM   #180

I get the little things like tightening up bolts and the such. A house on wheels is going to have and develop issues, it's a given. But you are taking a gamble on what day and what time it passed through the line. They built my slide an inch out of square. How does that even happen? Replaced every single part of the system except the room itself, now it must be the way the parts are installed? Six months without my coach, that sucks. Be glad you got lucky, but I thought I was good for six months as well.

Tags
forest river