Old 11-17-2015, 02:00 PM   #191

So far we've owned 2 FR TT and haven't had any issues with either one. Our first one was a shasta and the only issue was we bought it with no slides, lol,our second one is a PT Tracer and love it. Had a few small issues such as the hot water tank failing on electric, but Diamond RV up in Mass and the warranty dept from FR resolved it without any issues.

RollingDownTheHighway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #192

I guess I can say I'm finally happy with my unit... after 4 years and countless repairs by myself... My last 2 trips have been totally trouble-free. And now it's time to trade it off. I'll be selling it sometime this spring. I find it odd that the first trip I took in it lasted 2 months and I had absolutely no problems. After that, things started showing up and falling apart. I guess the way these things are slung together, one can't expect much more. I doubt that the more-expensive unit I have in mind will actually be built any better, but one can hope...

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:05 PM   #193

We have a 2014 CC Silverback 29RE.......Very Happy......Had a few minor items that the dealer fixed...GREAT DEALER!!!!....some items I fixed myself......not worth returning to dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #194

Got a 2013 carduinal 30 -30 very few issues.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:58 AM   #195

We love our 2016 Rockwood Windjammer. No problems since we bought it in July, 2015. I do believe that the Windjammer is built on a line far superior to the average travel trailer. The proof is in the puidding.

Bruce
Old 12-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
I have found that most issues with warranty do not start with the dealer but with the manufacture . and forest river does not have a good rep with warranty work and dealers . they just do not want to pay and i can't blame dealers for not wanting to do warranty work on them . even the techs end up losing money when working on FR stuff same with most other manufactures . winnebago is the worst

NS1960- each division has its own warranty department . How many different FR models have you owned to back a statement like this ?
I agree some models have had there issues but most have had good results and issues repaired.
You had issues and made a deal for a extended warranty. Your issue is resolved, case closed! You need to tell people how great FR was to go out of there way to resolve your issue.😵😱

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-03-2015, 07:48 PM   #197

You had issues and made a deal for a extended warranty. Your issue is resolved, case closed! You need to tell people how great FR was to go out of there way to resolve your issue.����

Kula . Never should have had issues like i did in the first place . the deal was made because FR was very exposed and I didn't feel like pursuing it but just moving on .
it was not because FR went out of there way ! i will say at this point that
couches besides the rough beginning has been helpful after the sale .

Doesn't matter what FR product. getting payment from FR is a pain . and the poor dealer techs lose more then it's worth to them . the dealers do it to keep the product or to provide service to their customers and future customers .
each division is lumped into one corporation . you may get someone different on the phone but it's the same process through out .
Old 12-03-2015, 08:02 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
You had issues and made a deal for a extended warranty. Your issue is resolved, case closed! You need to tell people how great FR was to go out of there way to resolve your issue.����

Kula . Never should have had issues like i did in the first place . the deal was made because FR was very exposed and I didn't feel like pursuing it but just moving on .
it was not because FR went out of there way ! i will say at this point that
couches besides the rough beginning has been helpful after the sale .

Doesn't matter what FR product. getting payment from FR is a pain . and the poor dealer techs lose more then it's worth to them . the dealers do it to keep the product or to provide service to their customers and future customers .
each division is lumped into one corporation . you may get someone different on the phone but it's the same process through out .

No deals here, no extended warranty offered or excepted. You got me mixed up with someone else.

Stop bashing FR and putting out lies!

When did you become a dealer ?

Old 12-04-2015, 08:15 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by The KULAs View Post
No deals here, no extended warranty offered or excepted. You got me mixed up with someone else.

Stop bashing FR and putting out lies!

When did you become a dealer ?

No ones bashing FR just stating the truth . Rv sales are at a peak and quality control is at a minimum. will FR honor their warranty ! Yes. can it be like pulling teeth Yes! should it be NO . most of what comes out of the factory is not up to snuff . Do they make a nice product yes . do they cost themselves more money because they don't catch things at the factory yes . who pays for the lack of quality control the customer .
I've stated before my unit is relatively free of problems . Why because i went through the unit and fixed the shoddy craftsmanship .
Please don't try to lecture me . you would have to know what the situation is/was before you make assumptions .
No FR did not go out of their way to help me . it took me going after them
Old 12-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #200

I can say FR has made things right on my Prime Time Model Sanibel from the start. They are still correcting things on my Unit. I have bought a lot of new Vehicles in the past and I have had to take all them back for Warranty work. I purchased a 2014 Ford Explorer and I have never had it back to the Dealer other than an Oil Change. Yes these units are made on assembly line and yes things happen. Most problems start at the Dealership, where they want your money and tough luck if you need any major repairs. I have attended two Forest River FROG Rally's and each time they have repaired items on my Rig. Tell me who will do that after the Warranty is out? I have bought 3 Forest River products 2 Flagstaff and 1 Sanibel. Do you think I buy another Forest River Product, the answer is a big yes!

Some times we have to get up in the Morning and put on our "Big Boy" Pants!

Tags
forest river