Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2017, 11:11 PM   #421

2015 27rlws

I like my trailer when everything is working lol. AT the moment have been waiting on the correct defective rim to be replaced. had a slow leak in rim itself that no one could find till I took it to Premier coach in Riverside mo. they found it first day. forest river of course sent me the wrong replacement rim, and am now in month two waiting on correct rim. I like my trailer layout and such. getting warranty replacement parts is a hellish slow process. Make sure you do a complete inspection including hooking up to water, run the furnace, run the ac, use the microwave at least once, light the stove etc.
rrapidron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:51 PM   #422

A few years back we bought a new 2013 Revere 26TBQB and have had only a couple of minor issues with it.. 98% of it was addressed before we picked it up , and a couple of others were done while it was in getting the roof and caulking checked at another dealer.. And I think a we may have done a couple others ourselves..

Both dealers were great and very professional!

TT: 2020 26' Hemisphere 26BHHL
TV: 2020 GMC 2500HD 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:24 PM   #423

I think if you go to some of the other makers of TTs etc you will find exactly the same type of comments on those sites as well. I went through this prior to and after we bought our TT almost a year ago now. Did we have issues? Of course, but they were minor and I counted it up as "shakeout" issues.

What I've come to realize is that the RV industry is kind of rogue in some respects on some issues of quality.

As another commentator noted, check everything first before purchasing. Be clear from the start what the warranty will/will not cover on your unit. Due diligence will win the day and provide great camping days!!!

2016 Coachmen APEX 259 BHSS

2016 Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
Twin turbos baby !!!
azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:35 PM   #424

We love our Cedar Creek and will never own anything else
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #425

We bought a new Vengeance toy hauler last year. Had a lot of major and minor issues with it. The dealer wasn't the best either. We traded it in on an XLR Nitro. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. We thought we would give FR another chance. Hoping this FR is better then the last one.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:50 AM   #426

Iove my 2014 heritage Glenn 282 bhis I have had no problems
mulltrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:30 PM   #427

I own a 2006 Lexington - could not be happier with it, even as it is 11 years old.
dthomso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:19 PM   #428

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4609.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	602.5 KB
ID:	131566

Need we say more?
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:10 AM   #429
BumperPull.

I have owned 4 campers, 3 forestrivers and 1 springdale. My v-lite is the best one... had roof problems after purchace but all things were repaired. I would and will buy only ForestRiver Trailer campers. 30WRLTS What I own now... Oh!!! the springdale is the first one I've owned... Happy Camper
BernieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #430

Love our 2015 Hemi Lite 272 RLIS. purchased in April 15. Have been living in it for 8 months now while working and no issues. For a non four season unit I'm quite impressed as we've spent the winter in New Jersey with no freezing problems with tanks or valves. Staying warm between propane furnace and tower electric heater. Only run heater during the day when the wife is home. shut off at night.
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #431

While this thread is a little over 2 years old and still updated with relatively good comments should show you something. I am a new FR TT owner myself and made that decision after a lot of research on sites and threads like this one. After many hours spent on the internet looking at these comments, I found one thing that seemed common to all forums and threads...most are filled with people that are complaining, fixing, trying to get warranty work, etc... I've not found many threads that start, "Took my TT out this weekend and had no issues, dealer was a standup guy and business, warranty work started yesterday and finished today", and so on. They are out there, don't get me wrong, but they are few and far between. Normally when we're looking for reviews, we're looking for issues that individuals have had and weighing those with our "Can I handle that?" skill set. Taking into account that the RV industry literally sells thousands of RVs per year and the actual small number of complaints, I've found that you have to take it all with a grain of salt. For every complaint against a manufacturer or a model, there are many many more that don't have a complaint and have a great product or it falls into their "I can handle that" skill sent. While my new TT does have some issues, it's nothing that I can't handle and nothing that I wasn't prepared for after researching and reading a lot. Just my .02.

On another note: I need to thank all of you who have replied to this thread and are on this forum. I have learned a lot from you already and expect I will learn a lot more from you in the time to come.
Grizzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #432

April will start our fifth year of "full time" rving in our FR Sandpiper. Have had some issues that were fixed and have made some mods with FR Sandpiper factory involved ( Marshall H.-plant manager).
Forest River has stood tall and this has allowed us to continue on the journey.

As far as our "purchasing" dealer is concerned, I wouldn't drag it to them even at the point of a gun.
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:43 AM   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
While this thread is a little over 2 years old and still updated with relatively good comments should show you something. I am a new FR TT owner myself and made that decision after a lot of research on sites and threads like this one. After many hours spent on the internet looking at these comments, I found one thing that seemed common to all forums and threads...most are filled with people that are complaining, fixing, trying to get warranty work, etc... I've not found many threads that start, "Took my TT out this weekend and had no issues, dealer was a standup guy and business, warranty work started yesterday and finished today", and so on. They are out there, don't get me wrong, but they are few and far between. Normally when we're looking for reviews, we're looking for issues that individuals have had and weighing those with our "Can I handle that?" skill set. Taking into account that the RV industry literally sells thousands of RVs per year and the actual small number of complaints, I've found that you have to take it all with a grain of salt. For every complaint against a manufacturer or a model, there are many many more that don't have a complaint and have a great product or it falls into their "I can handle that" skill sent. While my new TT does have some issues, it's nothing that I can't handle and nothing that I wasn't prepared for after researching and reading a lot. Just my .02.

On another note: I need to thank all of you who have replied to this thread and are on this forum. I have learned a lot from you already and expect I will learn a lot more from you in the time to come.
Well said, and I am in violent agreement!
dthomso1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:28 AM   #434

I am a full time rv guy in the forever moist pacific northwest for almost three and a half years . I bought my fifth wheel new . and not one thing (period) has gone wrong. I take that back , one of my toilet paper holder screws in the door keeps loosening , I gotta get on that . when I asked my go to knowledge guy what it means that Warren Buffet owns the company , he said it means everything , look at the man . we would live in nothing else . hope that helps . kenny
tallchief6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:11 PM   #435

Kudos to Flagstaff and Tom Johnson Camping

In July 2015 we bought a 2015 Micro Lite 25DKS, our second Micro Lite in 3 years. We bought them both from Tom Johnson Camping in Marion, NC. The first one was a 2012 21FBRS, which was a great camper, no problems and very dependable. But we needed a little more room so along came the 2016 25DKS, which we are crazy about! But . . . the outer wall of the slideout began separating from the frame and we were now out of warranty. I took the unit to my dealer and the service advisor had an inspection performed to determine the extent of repairs needed. She then contacted the warranty mgr. at Flagstaff, who agreed to cover the repair 100%! Can you believe that? I have nothing but good things to say about Flagstaff and their warranty mgr, or my dealer and their service advisor. She even contacted me several times while my unit was in their shop to update me on the progress. I'm one happy customer. Guess where I will be buying my next camper?
Capri Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 01:07 PM   #436

I am an owner of a 2015 FR-3 30DS I have just returned from a 7,500 mile trip and I am very happy to report my RV preformed like a CHAMP!! It is a beautiful thing to travel around America in such comfort and convenience while having fun.

Like many other owners the beginning stages were a bit bumpy and frustrating however my RV dealer is above good so when I had questions they were always there for help. Its amazing that Forrest River took the Class A units away from them as a dealer close by complained, I guess. I do believe they are selling other FR products though.

I now have 28,000 thousand miles on it and pull a 7x12 double wheel trailer with a Harley inside. We have traveled across America twice and several times to FL with out a problem.

If you are not a handy man I would not encourage you to purchase an RV as it is guarantee there will be issues and problems that need to be fixed.

The Form has helped me out as well and it is a great tool to use for lots of information.
This is where I found out about the Cheap Handle Fix and with some new front shocks and the CHF the driving is almost 100% better!!!!

safe Travels BIG MO
Larry Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 02:56 PM   #437

Our 2017 Hyper Lite TH is the second FR trailer that we've owned, plus we also currently have a Fleetwood Prowler TT. We have had great success with them all, and would highly recommend FR to anyone.
This Forum is a huge help, with great people, and we feel lucky to have found it!
Camp on!
Dodge Ram 2500 HD Cummins
2018 Ultra Limited
HyperCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:46 PM   #438

My wife and I bought a used 2015 Flagstaff 27RLWS and we love it. We are in our mid 40's and we will definitely buy another one when the time comes. The attention to details is really nice.
and last but not least, our yellow lab Jayda and our chocolate lab, Julia.
Landis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:57 AM   #439

Me and my girlfriend bought a 2017 Forester 2861 DS ... I just love it 1st time RVer . Hope to see some other nice Rigs. Love this Forum , learned so much here. I would like to thank everyone . Safe travels. Again thank you all.
wvufan1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:32 PM   #440

Forest River Quality

We bought a 2016 Cedar Creek 34rl Aug. of 2016. This is my 5th TT/rv purchase. Mine has had a circuit breaker issue for slides and landing gear since new. I agree with others in forum that most new units have bugs. Ultimately its how good the dealer is at standing behind the issues. My dealer, Coates RV in Hugo Mn has the ---- off approach. Unit wasn't cleaned prior to delivery, items to be repaired before delivery weren't touched and 3 trips back and forth to hopefully resolve the slide/landing gear issue. I would highly recommend getting referrals from people you know before deciding on a dealer to purchase a tt from.
Blmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river