Old 12-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #211

Just had a thought - I think many (not all of course) who have NOT had any/many issues might be afraid to speak up because they might jinx themselves. However, I know of a person (who will go nameless) and she, I mean he, has had very few problems and is very happy with their experience, so far

2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:30 PM   #212

Forest Riverís commitment to quality and customer satisfaction can best be summarized as being significant and symbolic, in change as well as renewal.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #213

We like our Flagstaff Super Lite, but there are many things that should have been done better. After reading about the many horror stories that many have faced, I feel pretty good. Common sense is not allowed in the assembly line and I guess we have to realize that.
2015 Ram Big Horn
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
This is great that they have taken care of your issues along with everyone else who can or is willing to travel to one of the propaganda meetings or to the factory.However, very few are asking why didnít they just take the time to inspect and correct before shipping to the dealer?

Someone on the Forum recently suggested that a very small percentage will ever go through trouble of taking it to them.For the remainder FR hopes to stall and delay until the warranty runs out then deny the repairs.

If that is the case, probably not a sustainable business model.
You seem to Bash FR anytime you can, Your last sentence is that they wait for your warranty to run out. That is so much untrue. Even if you didn't say it just to repeat it. If you file during your time they will takecare of it, also what other company will fix problems 4 years out of warranty free at the rally. Please name one? Winnabago? yea right...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:46 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
You seem to Bash FR anytime you can, Your last sentence is that they wait for your warranty to run out. That is so much untrue. Even if you didn't say it just to repeat it. If you file during your time they will takecare of it, also what other company will fix problems 4 years out of warranty free at the rally. Please name one? Winnabago? yea right...
I am sorry, not aware we had a policy maker with FR on the Forum. Are you on their board?
Old 12-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
I am sorry, not aware we had a policy maker with FR on the Forum. Are you on their board?
I thought you knew we are all on the BOARD as long as your member...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 12-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #217

Sorry I will be the first to step up & say we have owned two Pumas with almost NO problems. A couple minor cosmetic issues with the 2013 were taken care of right away, Forest River just wanted a before & after picture.

I will not bash Forest River the 2013 which we picked up in June of 2012 has been trouble free the 2006 had no issues while we owned it........... I wish I could say the same for our house.....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:14 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Sorry I will be the first to step up & say we have owned two Pumas with almost NO problems. A couple minor cosmetic issues with the 2013 were taken care of right away, Forest River just wanted a before & after picture.

I will not bash Forest River the 2013 which we picked up in June of 2012 has been trouble free the 2006 had no issues while we owned it........... I wish I could say the same for our house.....

I wish I could to, and I don't tow it over the rotten interstate highway system....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 12-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #219

It seems your right but I am getting some action on the warranty. It seems like the 2016 models have problem's enough for Forest river to listen. I put 1600 miles on our first trip the heater quit after 3 days so I bought a ceramic heater to get us through it. Forest River did give me a dealer to go to that would fix some of my list. The wheel bearings had real light grease and the bearings were not tightened to bearing specs. They repacked them and replaced the seals withy a dbl seal. The stabilizer system has been plagued with bad switches. Their is a new model switch which so far works every time and has a weather shield. All my tires started showing extreme whear and side wall bubbles. Forest River is replacing them. In my opinion they have a poor quality system and end line testing at the factory I spent many years as a certified CQM ill bet they could not pass at every factory a quality audit. What they need is an independent consultant to inspect their quality plan and see if their following it. The consultant should have a strong background in Welding and inspections along with quality systems inspections along with painting systems. A good consultant could devise a better quality plan based on the report findings.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #220

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Approximately 18 months and no one has spoken up at Forest River and the fabric they use on bottom of slides. They have denied that there is a problem yet their solution is more Darco tape in those areas but they continue to tear. Many have found ways to make a repair on their own.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river