Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2017, 06:09 PM   #441

Any Happy Forest River Owners Out there?

I was not a happy fr owner. My sabre was a pile of poo. Seriously.

I am however, a happy DYNAMAX owner. I've spent the last 3 days tearing into my Isata 4.

I have finally found quality. The components used are top tier. Everything just fits well, works well, and is well thought out.

I'm finally a happy camper!
Old 04-03-2017, 03:02 PM   #442

My wife and I bought a used Flagstaff 27RLWS. It looked like it was hardly used at all. We've had it about a month and a half now. I always wandered what this and that was on the TT. I looked at brand new ones on the internet, and compared ours to them. Curiosity caught me and I called Anthony from The Rockwood and Flagstaff division. What an awesome guy he was. He answered all my questions and gave me the low down on ours. Come to find out it is a Diamond package as they had last year and on the 2017s. He said they did away with that label and put everything on the campers any way. I'm really glad that we have a 15k ac unit. What a helpful fella he was. Nothing else to say, but we're happy Forest River products owners!!
and last but not least, our yellow lab Jayda and our chocolate lab, Julia.
Landis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:43 PM   #443

I don't frequent FROG much anymore since I bought SOB in August. Now 9 months in and 31 nights spent, I have to say that research does pay off. The dealer I bought my '12 Surveyor from was in Clovis, NM. All my dealings with Bison RV were good. The unit was clean and everything had been checked prior to our arrival for PDI and pick up. I lived in it for 2 months shortly after I got it and had no problems. All in all it was an OK trailer... though I got tired of fixing and reinforcing the ultra-cheap construction. I had no major problems other than the sink I had to replace.

Now a Jayco White Hawk owner, I have to say this was definitely an upgrade in the same price point. I only paid about $1600- more for this unit new than I did for the Surveyor I bought in '12. I am so much more impressed with this unit. It's longer by 3 feet and has so much more room and storage. The quality IS better... sorry but that's the truth.

I WAS a reasonably happy FR owner... but probably never will be again...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:00 PM   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I don't frequent FROG much anymore since I bought SOB in August. Now 9 months in and 31 nights spent, I have to say that research does pay off. The dealer I bought my '12 Surveyor from was in Clovis, NM. All my dealings with Bison RV were good. The unit was clean and everything had been checked prior to our arrival for PDI and pick up. I lived in it for 2 months shortly after I got it and had no problems. All in all it was an OK trailer... though I got tired of fixing and reinforcing the ultra-cheap construction. I had no major problems other than the sink I had to replace.

Now a Jayco White Hawk owner, I have to say this was definitely an upgrade in the same price point. I only paid about $1600- more for this unit new than I did for the Surveyor I bought in '12. I am so much more impressed with this unit. It's longer by 3 feet and has so much more room and storage. The quality IS better... sorry but that's the truth.

I WAS a reasonably happy FR owner... but probably never will be again...
Hmm. We looked at several White Hawks when we bought our Mini Lite and weren't impressed. Jayco quality seemed lower than Rockwood overall, to us. I don't recall looking at any Surveyors.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #445

As a fine furniture craftsman, I didn't expect standards to be mine in the workmanship. We just took delivery on our Vibe 288RLS about 4 hrs ago. Wow! Any corner that could be cut, was!
mattstacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:40 PM   #446

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstacie View Post
As a fine furniture craftsman, I didn't expect standards to be mine in the workmanship. We just took delivery on our Vibe 288RLS about 4 hrs ago. Wow! Any corner that could be cut, was!
You get what you pay for sometimes. Most times you get what they give you...
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:37 PM   #447

We have a TT 34FT Wildwood, LOVE IT. HAVENT HAD ANY ISSUES AT ALL. We have done many upgrade hacks and we are constantly lubing and checking seams to seal but other than needed maintenance, we have been,blessed with a great one.
mchayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:49 PM   #448

When you pick yours up, do a thorough walk through of a good solid four hours, check everything. Open all slides, check seams and how level and even side to side, take a night light. Plug into every socket, turn o, each faucet, flush tolit, turn o, every light, check every single seam and wall for solid fit and no warp,g of walls or seams, check tire dates, check under, literally go under and look at everything, take flashlight, leveler, go on roof, check all seams. Check all wiring to BE sure nothing crimped, same with plumbing check eberytbjng7, take clipboard make notes o, everything. If it is to move..move it and listen and check, if it is to turn o, turn it on do the same. Ask to have slides lubed before you leave, have upgrades done like matress, or tires and add
The anti-sway friction hitch and have them,install...tame your time. Once you leave with it the problems you don't catch are yours..do not give final check till ALL YOU WANT DONE IS DONE...and you will leave with a great unit!
Old 05-10-2017, 12:21 AM   #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchayes View Post
When you pick yours up, do a thorough walk through of a good solid four hours, check everything. Open all slides, check seams and how level and even side to side, take a night light. Plug into every socket, turn o, each faucet, flush tolit, turn o, every light, check every single seam and wall for solid fit and no warp,g of walls or seams, check tire dates, check under, literally go under and look at everything, take flashlight, leveler, go on roof, check all seams. Check all wiring to BE sure nothing crimped, same with plumbing check eberytbjng7, take clipboard make notes o, everything. If it is to move..move it and listen and check, if it is to turn o, turn it on do the same. Ask to have slides lubed before you leave, have upgrades done like matress, or tires and add
The anti-sway friction hitch and have them,install...tame your time. Once you leave with it the problems you don't catch are yours..do not give final check till ALL YOU WANT DONE IS DONE...and you will leave with a great unit!
Until you give them the money: that's when the education begins!
Usually with a screwdriver, Amprobe continuity tester and Don't forget those deliquesce fingers that will find every screw tip, staple sharp edge, or things you can't see and thought they wouldn't be there.

Just think in reverse? If you were putting it together where would you finish: start there. Look for rapidly assembled screw sets that are moving faster that your feet / hands/body can. Follow: that is the angle depth and tightness you will find.

Be SLOW when you replace out those : " 751" four pin straight blade key locks with the round ( Ace) locks: they impact those Chinese wonders with the same speed as the others, the "threads shred" and I not sure where the "metal" came from but: don't trust the thin Nitrile or polypropylene gloves. Tip: wire N nylon brush them real good first and take your time. If you have three get at least two sets of three keyed alike and mix N match that way you'll have two primary and four back ups,if you can get past that new Tyler on the hatch. ( Pass on the battery combo just a combo from a locksmith with a constant smile ! $35, 00 USC max N pro local labor if needed.
Leaks? You need to read on. All I know ,so far ,it everything leaks,now, later before you weather proof or after you weather proof.

If that was any help, maybe some one ,who when thru the stress of finding out that the WXYZ radio that's couldn't get a "good signal" in the showroom got a few/better)stronger at home but: 25 miles between City's/or Towns 2 or three?

Answer me one? Is the radio antenna wired to the crank up UHF/VHF/TV/WING antenna on the roof (that don't crank up) you must crank "13 turns until you will meet more resistance" ?

Or it a mystery wire that goes elsewhere? Or a "stubby" ?

Before I destroy the thing looking :"above and to the right rear (as the Jensen installations instructions in French? Leads me to believe?)Trying to get an answer. Sales, dealer, assembled or Executive Forest River cannot say: unless " you bring it in"?

I saw : or should I say "heard" only four sister products that got reception right next to us?
We all know it's just a :"loose" wire or "slightly" defective unit!
( But the TV with an aux. FIREWIRE or the RCA DVD/cd outputs come thru louder and clearer than description allows at a family campground or State Park?

If it's me I'll wait for the two weeks to get an appointment but if it's simple and anyone can do it: why wake up a sleeping warrantee?

If nobody knows; I'll let you know so as soon as the band aids® run out?
androclesandrocles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:21 PM   #450

Very happy 2017 Flagstaff 832BHIKWS owners. We took delivery in March. Everything works, nothing leaks, and has been trouble free other than a piece of wood trim that came loose around the pantry door.
We love it! 6 camping days so far and if our plans stick we will enjoy 28 days of camping this year.
frostriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #451

Send a message via AIM to B and B
We owned 2 forest river Rockwood's. First travel trailer with a defective slide first trip out. The elevator TV fell off the wall before left the driveway at home. Traded it one year later on a Fifth Wheel we kept for 4 years. It had some problems but mostly a lightweight issue with things just wearing out or starting to fail. Bought our forever Fifth Wheel now a SOB. Spent 3 years looking and as time went on we found Columbus QC was an issue, model changes an in the end our needs changed. On trip number 2, time will tell what will happen here, it is a much more expensive unit and as expected better finishes etc.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:43 PM   #452

I have a 2016 Forester 3051, so far I have put only 13050 miles on it. I am very happy with it. I have had a few small things, but they were all added material (i.e. ice maker in refer, rear camera monitor and a few small things, all but the ice maker have been fixed).
So I am a very happy owner.
radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 02:01 PM   #453
Georgia Rally Coordinator

I love My 2015 V-like . No issues in traveling over 12000 miles. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 04:21 PM   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
We owned 2 forest river Rockwood's. First travel trailer with a defective slide first trip out. The elevator TV fell off the wall before left the driveway at home. Traded it one year later on a Fifth Wheel we kept for 4 years. It had some problems but mostly a lightweight issue with things just wearing out or starting to fail. Bought our forever Fifth Wheel now a SOB. Spent 3 years looking and as time went on we found Columbus QC was an issue, model changes an in the end our needs changed. On trip number 2, time will tell what will happen here, it is a much more expensive unit and as expected better finishes etc.
Ah yes, but underneath it's still the same old (pardon the pun), Amish craftsmanship.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:48 PM   #455
Wait till next year...

2yrs and nothing I wouldn't expect to see in a new house . it is money well spent
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #456

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostriver View Post
Very happy 2017 Flagstaff 832BHIKWS owners. We took delivery in March. Everything works, nothing leaks, and has been trouble free other than a piece of wood trim that came loose around the pantry door.
We love it! 6 camping days so far and if our plans stick we will enjoy 28 days of camping this year.
So excited for all,of you, looked it up, gorgeous!! Happy Trails
Old 05-14-2017, 04:27 PM   #457
Site Team

The site team has had to do a cleanup in aisle 5 here, as there were several posts against our very friendly and easy to understand guidelines, that work so well to keep these forum RV related and friendly.

If your post was deleted for not adhering to these guidelines, feel free to contact me or any of the site team via the PM system ONLY.

Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.

Site Management & Member Concerns: If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. Abuse toward our administrators or moderators may result in suspension of your account. Complaints about a moderator's decision regarding a particular post are not to be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.

Someone has to interpret these guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site moderators and administrator to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact a moderator or administrator. Thanks to everyone for keeping the tone appropriate for a group of friends, at least the vast majority of the time. Please keep it up!

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:22 PM   #458
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Yes, very happy with our hemisphere 282RK, very happy with Salem, very happy with forest river, exceptionally happy with our dealer Avalon RV in Medina,OH.
I truly believe it's the dealer that makes the experience and the trailer great. A complete and thorough PDI before signing Your hard earned cash away, is the only leverage we really have. I would buy another forest river product when the time comes.
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:48 PM   #459

We've had a couple of minor issues, but nothing serious. Love our 26tbqb and love the floor plan!!

TT: 2020 26' Hemisphere 26BHHL
TV: 2020 GMC 2500HD 4x4
glen1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:27 PM   #460
Mountain Lovers

We have a 2015 Forest River Flagstaff 8528RSWS fifth wheel...this is the 3rd one we have had..the first two were great, no problems at all, this one seems to be having more than the average of things going wrong...but all in all we are pleased with Forest River as they have tried to resolve our problems...it is like buying a car...you have problems, no matter what you buy....so enjoy the ones you do buy and hope for the best! Forest River is a great manufacturer, they make a good product!
Fordcamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river