Old 12-24-2015, 10:42 PM   #231
Professional Curmudgeon

We've been happy since day one. Bought the camper, took delivery, and haven't seen the dealer since, though they do send me a Christmas card every year.

Reese dual cam SC/WDH
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 01:20 AM   #232

I am a happy forest river owner.
I won't let my poor quality, poorly built Crusader disrupt my happiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 12-28-2015, 08:02 PM   #233

I am on my 2nd F.R. fifth wheel. My first was a 2013 XLR hyperlite. I had no factory issues with it. The dealer was Mid state Rv in GA. They stood behind the product and gave me a start up kit to get going.

My second is a 2016 prime time Spartan 1032 There are some minor issues the should have been caught at the factory but I fixed them my self. The big issue was the the Dealar , General RV would not stand behind the product. The check off list for the operation of every thing was not part of the walk through. Then I had to sign a form that stated the General RV would not warranty anything and I it was sold as is.

I fixed most of the issues my self rather than hassle with the dealer.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:51 AM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaka View Post
I am a happy forest river owner.
I won't let my poor quality, poorly built Crusader disrupt my happiness.

good one .i agree it's not owning a FR product that makes you happy or unhappy . the poor quality is industry wide and most things fixed correctly by owners . it would be nice if they cared just a bit about what they put out .
Old 12-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #235

I am a happy Solera 24R owner. Have had my fair number of issues with the coach but customer support from FR was excellent. And workmanship is crappy - no matter which brand you buy - american standard
Old 12-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
good one .i agree it's not owning a FR product that makes you happy or unhappy . the poor quality is industry wide and most things fixed correctly by owners . it would be nice if they cared just a bit about what they put out .

Same can be said about everything made in the America.
We build to repair or modify. If everything was perfect you would have nothing to complain about.
If we had nothing to repair or modify, company's would go out of business and it would be a boring life.

I was told by a car dealer once to never buy a america assembled car if it was made on a Monday,Wednesday or Friday. I guess the same applies to everything .

Old 12-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #237

I bought my 2014 Sandpiper 3 months ago. It's been nothing but problems. The front hydraulic seals are leaking and a hose has had to be replaced twice, the circuit board on the fireplace was bad and the fireplace had to be replaced. Today the circuit board on the heater went and it now has to be replaced. The dealer delivered it with the freshwater tank full and a pipe broke completely in 2 due to the weight in the pipes 2 days after I took possession. All of the inside slide out trim was warped and had good sized spaces between the backing board. The long panel trim on the inside of two slide outs were not trimmed right at the manufacturer and had to be cut to make them flush (they were to long and bowed out). My small dog could stick her head in one space. I know these are relatively small things but I really thought I was upgrading when I bought this versus my 2001 sportsmen...boy was I wrong!!! I live on a very small income, paid cash for this thing from a surgical settlement and it's done nothing but cost me money since I got it. Really wish I would've never laid eyes on it
Old 12-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #238

Well I see the industry hasn't changed in 10 years. We did a pre delivery walk thru on our 2004 surveyor 291 and found several issues. The first was the wall paper boarder was crooked on the livingroom slide, the kitchen counter top laminate was cut too small, then the trim was missing on a window ledge. Also the front door needed adjusting and the sink cover needed trimming to set flush on the sink. They did fix all the initial issues in a short time frame, so we took delivery. Got it home and were on our first trip out by a campfire, looked over to see water flowing out the front door. Hose blew off the hot water tank after it warmed up, spilling everywhere. Then the rains came..... three of the eight windows leaked. Back to the dealer. I camped in his lot on a sunday nite and told them I was not leaving the rig. They pulled the windows and sealed them with ribbon caulk and I was on my way home that afternoon. Great dealer, crappy builder. Overall a great unit after the first couple visits to the dealer. Lol
Old 12-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #239

Do I read your post correctly, 2004? The unit being over 10 years old, might have some problems, just saying.....
Old 12-30-2015, 03:56 PM   #240

i own a 2005 CC and this thing is very clean with know problems except normal wear a tear for the yr, things like the sagging stairs and AC cycling sometimes.

really no complaints that i can say that i will lose sleep over.

Tags
forest river