Old 01-13-2016, 10:29 AM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidRoy View Post
I am on my 2nd F.R. fifth wheel. My first was a 2013 XLR hyperlite. I had no factory issues with it. The dealer was Mid state Rv in GA. They stood behind the product and gave me a start up kit to get going.

My second is a 2016 prime time Spartan 1032 There are some minor issues the should have been caught at the factory but I fixed them my self. The big issue was the the Dealar , General RV would not stand behind the product. The check off list for the operation of every thing was not part of the walk through. Then I had to sign a form that stated the General RV would not warranty anything and I it was sold as is.

I fixed most of the issues my self rather than hassle with the dealer.

I agree with your statement about General RV, RapidRoy. I have a 2015 Coachmen Pursuit that I bought from them. I had read many review about General RV, and large dealerships in general, so I know what I was getting into. I have also just corrected every little issue that I find myself. I just had to take it to them last weekend for a recall issue and thought I would have some fun. I told them that since they were going to have it for a week, could they look at a front compartment that was leaking. I got a sob story about how upset service gets if they add anything and how it will take weeks, if not months to get approval from FR. I laughed and said I will just fix it myself. The RV is a giant house rolling down the street, I expect most everything to break at some point. I didn't pay a half a million for this RV so I don't expect perfection. I bought from a dealer because my family had very specific wants and it was easier to just order the new coach that matched what we wanted. I love my RV and would suggest it to anyone looking for a good bunkhouse. I have talked some people out of buying an RV though because I tell them if they don't like fixing things each time they go on a trip, stick with hotels. RV's are not for people who want to show up, vacation and then only have pictures and memories left to think about when they get home.

Old 01-13-2016, 01:02 PM   #262

Lots to do we loved it. Ron at Recreation Services is full of information of places to to go & see. Better than the visitor centre. lol Enjoy

Old 01-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #263

I purchased an FR3 Feb 2015 Put on 12,000 miles so far. Problems YES for sure and workman ship is fair at best. Dealing with a great dealer in PA so all problems fixed with a smile! Now I am being told FR cut them off as a dealer for Class A units. Big mistake!! As mentioned in a earlier post as soon as you leave your dealer the service goes down hill fast as most of the dealers are busy so unless you bought the unit from them their desire to service you is very poor. One of the ways I beat this was to get Forrest River Class A Motor homes warranty department on the phone and have them make an appointment at the dealer or repair center for you. As an example I was in Denver heading to CA so they made an appointment for me in CA.

So now the decision is do I pay for an extended warranty program? And who is the best to do this with? I contacted Good Sam and they sound very good for this service as they are also hooked up with Camping World that has lots of locations. Quoted price for my unit was about $750 per year.

Anybody have any experience in any warranty programs??
Old 01-13-2016, 02:41 PM   #264
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Purchased my 3rd forest river product in 10 years!
Happy? YEP!

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
Old 01-13-2016, 02:46 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Roth View Post
I purchased an FR3 Feb 2015 Put on 12,000 miles so far. Problems YES for sure and workman ship is fair at best. Dealing with a great dealer in PA so all problems fixed with a smile! Now I am being told FR cut them off as a dealer for Class A units. Big mistake!! As mentioned in a earlier post as soon as you leave your dealer the service goes down hill fast as most of the dealers are busy so unless you bought the unit from them their desire to service you is very poor. One of the ways I beat this was to get Forrest River Class A Motor homes warranty department on the phone and have them make an appointment at the dealer or repair center for you. As an example I was in Denver heading to CA so they made an appointment for me in CA.

So now the decision is do I pay for an extended warranty program? And who is the best to do this with? I contacted Good Sam and they sound very good for this service as they are also hooked up with Camping World that has lots of locations. Quoted price for my unit was about $750 per year.

Anybody have any experience in any warranty programs??
  • #1 Opt in for the Forest River second year Coach Net Warranty
  • #2 Consider Attending the FROG Rally at Goshen where Forest River fixes whatever is wrong with your rig for free
  • #3 When you DO need a Warranty, Go Coach-Net. Here is the info for our agent - she is great!:
    Garfield Fabricius-Davies|Member Account Advisor |Coach-Net Protect
    P: 972.993.8416 | C: 214.549.8524
    2820 W. Southlake Blvd, Southlake, TX 76092
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #266
Boondocking Only

In the HTT world Forest River Shamrock/ Roo are leading the way. If you want the best fit, finish & quality go with Forest River.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:33 PM   #267

Bamabob

What are the dates for the FR gathering?

TX for other information too.

Big Larry
Old 01-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #268
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Roth View Post
Bamabob

What are the dates for the FR gathering?

TX for other information too.

Big Larry
I'm not B_bob but I think you'll find what you want in this thread (see title):
2016 International Annual Frog Rally August 14 to 20 2016
This link points to page 4, it appears.

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 85
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:44 PM   #269

We were first introduced to Forest River when we rented an Class C RV for a roadtrip vacation with our dogs to Mt. Rushmore. It was great. It was a new RV that didn't have a lot of miles on it and was a comfortable ride. When we decided to upgrade from tent camping to an actual camper, we wanted to stay with a Forest River product. We chose the Palomino SolAire 147x. This was a lot smaller than the RV we rented a few years ago, but was perfect for our needs. Yes, our 147x had some issues that came up during our first season, but our dealer got them all fixed. I still love our camper and can't wait until we can open it up for the new season. When it's time to trade in this one for another model, it will be another FR product.
Furry protectors Snowball & Max

burntcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 11:53 PM   #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Thoroughly disgusted with our Flagstaff, it gets dirty and will not "self clean" itself!

Thanks for the laugh.😄

Tags
forest river