Old 01-31-2016, 12:04 AM   #271

Had a Tracer Executive TT, and now a 2801QS. Both great units. Yes, waiting for warranty approval can try the patience of Job. Fortunately, most everything taken care of. Workmanship was not as good as I expected. However after reading through many forums, I consider myself lucky. Happy with both units.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:56 PM   #272

Most people are here looking for advice, not complaining. What I did notice is that it seems that the complaints are for the things not controlled by FR. Tires, Fridge, Air conditioning, Radio, TV, awning etc. From what else I have read is that FR is or has been pretty responsive to things that are of their control. I have a 2014 30RKSS. So far so good!

Happy Camping!

Old 02-02-2016, 09:55 AM   #273

I have found that Forest River is unresponsive to my instance of my windshield shattering as a result of body flexing of the nose of my 2006 Forest River Georgetown and am told by my windshield installer that it has happened thousands of times. This should be a safety recall thing
Old 02-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #274

Hey D. Cheatwood I just purchased a 2014 8289 I plan on pulling it with my 2013 Toyota Tundra I5.7 I intend on having the airlift 5000 added as well.
How well does your truck pull your camper?
Old 02-02-2016, 01:42 PM   #275

Have had 3 Forest River trailers and only traded in to up the size. Been happy with all three. All required a few minor adjustments but all have been good trailers.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #276
Gold Miner At Heart

I have been camping for 18 years and have owned 5 new units from a Class C, TT, and two 5th wheels. Also have owned 2 used TT and 2 used 5th wheels which brings me to my currant 2004 Coachman 5th wheel. All things considered they all have good things and some have bad things that can happen. I had a friend that purchased a new 28' 5th wheel and almost everything that could tear up did within a six month period. I have been lucky but I think a lot depends on how you take care of them and if their kept inside or out. The life of a unit is how well it's cared for. People have different opinions on similar situations. For instance: several years ago I remember watching on the news about a Cruise ship that had become disabled and had floated out at sea for three days without power before being rescued. Of course everyone's money was reimbursed and had offered all passengers a free trip. That being said they had interviewed this one woman that you could tell was more high society and when ask about the trip she stated, "It was absolutely dreadful and just a nightmare because we had no power and only had cold food to eat". Then they interviewed what I would call just common folks, and they were all happy and stated: "Hey it's all good because we get our money back, another free trip and had a great time sitting out under the stars eating cold beans from a can." So I think it's all about what you expect and whether or not you can take lemons and make lemonaid or just a frown.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:08 PM   #277

Now that is wisdom Papa-t.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:56 AM   #278

The only problem with papa t's anology is the passengers were not buying the ship. If they had bought the ship and the side split open with water pouring in Then the shipyard said the repair would take 5 months they would not be so happy chawing on those beans. You can only remain optimistic so long with some of the processes this industry has in place.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #279

Quality?

I believe the basic intended quality is there in most of the products. Three BIG issues affect the product. 1) Apparent lack of QC. It does not appear that the factories and certainly not the dealers, verify that all is constructed, composed as designed. 2) Very little service after sale. Difficult to get even rudimentary guidance from dealer or FR regarding operation, maintenance or repair. 3) Lack of a decent, model specific owner's manual. The generic manual from FR mostly refers the customer to the dealer or the manufacturer's literature. Typically, the manufacturers liturature is dumped in drawers, closets and spaces all over the rig. If FR/dealer would compile the documents and include basic unit specific maintenance information in an owners manual; i believe many issues would be solved and many more owners happier.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:18 AM   #280
LJH

2011 Cedar Creek RLSA34
Overall pleased w/ purchase of this 5th wheel. Initially some minor leaking on 2 of the level-up 'legs', resolved w/ warranty replacements. Black tank valve stuck in open position just after warranty, so had to replace at my expense.
But mostly pleased as stated. approx. 20,000 miles towed. Everything has held up, except for 2 blow outs on 1 year old Goodyear Marathons w/ resulting damage to wheel wells, trim pieces and a fresh water drain. All is well now, ready for more travel

Tags
forest river