Old 09-17-2016, 09:06 PM   #361

I will say that I love the sandpiper , but the workmanship is crap , also customer service is very bad . We did travel 6000 miles in 4 weeks . We had a blast .

Old 09-17-2016, 10:56 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Don't know what brand a 372LOK is.
But you need to elaborate more than what you said above, if you want help or advice.
Based on his second post, it looks like its a Sandpiper 5ver:

New 2017 Forest River RV Sandpiper 372LOK Fifth Wheel at Fun Town RV | Cleburne, TX | #139041

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #363

First we had a Palomino Stampede hybrid
Then we bought a Rockwood 2604 Ultralite, followed by a 2604WS, identical to the former except for the closet slide.
And we finally have a Rockwood Signature 8310SS with Diamond package.
Sure we had a few issues along the way...but overall very satisfied with Forest River and definatelly would buy another !
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #364

They are not mobile homes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAClend View Post
We LOVE our Champagne. Yes, there are a few small issues but these are 'houses' being towed at 60-70 mph down bumpy ***** roads so stuff's going to fall off/ apart.
Motor homes and travel trailers should be engineered and built to withstand moving down bumpy roads at 60-70 mph. It's not like this is a new concept and the manufacturers have had decades to perfect installation methods and production processes.

I strongly disagree with the often repeated "excuse" that we can't expect the MH/TT to handle the conditions they should have been designed for.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #365

Totally agree !
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:31 AM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post

I strongly disagree with the often repeated "excuse" that we can't expect the MH/TT to handle the conditions they should have been designed for.
I don't disagree with you, but I (and I suspect most other RV owners) couldn't begin to afford an RV designed to do what you are asking for. JMHO.
Pete
ProPride Hitch
purduepete97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:27 PM   #367

If I can throw my 2 cents in I would have to say a lot of the quality issues are workmanship and not necessarily design. That gets down to finding employees that care about their work (no easy task I admit). Next comes supervision and I think it's imperative those that manufacture need guidance and standards to work by. I do like Forest River products but I also would like to see more emphasis on quality in manufacture. It doesn't take much longer to route wires, hoses and tubing neatly and makes for much easier service by owner and dealer. Installation of equipment could use more care as well. Many of the failures in past motorhomes were due to installation and not equipment.

I say all this after 45 years as an owner of more than one small manufacturing company. We made equipment and did installation in vehicles (step vans and even motor homes). I paid a fair wage always and listened to my employees. The results made both my employees and me proud.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:22 PM   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardelarson View Post
If I can throw my 2 cents in I would have to say a lot of the quality issues are workmanship and not necessarily design. That gets down to finding employees that care about their work (no easy task I admit). Next comes supervision and I think it's imperative those that manufacture need guidance and standards to work by. I do like Forest River products but I also would like to see more emphasis on quality in manufacture. It doesn't take much longer to route wires, hoses and tubing neatly and makes for much easier service by owner and dealer. Installation of equipment could use more care as well. Many of the failures in past motorhomes were due to installation and not equipment.

I say all this after 45 years as an owner of more than one small manufacturing company. We made equipment and did installation in vehicles (step vans and even motor homes). I paid a fair wage always and listened to my employees. The results made both my employees and me proud.
Asking and listening to the employees is the key. Who knows better what's working or being done and what's not working or being done right? They're also the ones that can come up with a better, more efficient way to do things. Most people want to work hard, but no one wants hard work.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 02:21 PM   #369

I joined this forum after purchasing our Forest River Forester Class C. Stayed for about 2 weeks after getting welcomes that related I bought a piece of crap they were selling theirs to a fool who bought it. Never felt so discouraged. Came back to the forum a month or so later. We have made 5 trips so far and we are enjoying our unit. Little tweaks and fixes but we are happy. Hoping I don't have to leave the forum to stay that way.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by victograph View Post
I joined this forum after purchasing our Forest River Forester Class C. Stayed for about 2 weeks after getting welcomes that related I bought a piece of crap they were selling theirs to a fool who bought it. Never felt so discouraged. Came back to the forum a month or so later. We have made 5 trips so far and we are enjoying our unit. Little tweaks and fixes but we are happy. Hoping I don't have to leave the forum to stay that way.
I'm sorry someone said that to you but am glad to hear you are enjoying your unit. I have found that for the most part the members here are very helpful and there is so much to learn that it would be a shame to miss out. Happy camping!

2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river