Old 09-18-2016, 07:50 PM   #371
@MrsEvans. Thank you. So far enjoying our rv. Making small changes to make it fit us. Our Granddaughter loves it and tells us it is her RV.

victograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:18 PM   #372
I am basically happy with my XLR 29 HFS. I like others have had minor issues but the overall quality has been good. I have had to repair both pocket doors (track rollers broke and I replaced them with better units from Home Depot) and had to setup most systems due to the fact I took delivery in December and it was winterized. I have modified a few things but nothing major. I have no plumbing leaks and if I do I can repair them myself. I have no problem with purchasing another Forest River unit but I would require the dealer to double check everything (with me watching) before taking delivery.

2015 XLR 29HFS Toy Hauler
2016 Ford F250 Power Stroke
2007 Harley Softail Deluxe
2005 Victory Vegas
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #373
Only two small issues so far, knock on a forest full of trees, one the dealer fixed the other was the TP holder only had two screws holding to the wall.
My dad owned Fleetwood campers for the better part of twenty years and towed them everywhere without any issues.
I think it's the cheaper I don't care attitudes that cause most problems.
2016 wildwood x-lite 241qbxl
being jurked down the road by the beast 2007 Dodge ram 2500
5.9 cummins g56 Trans southbend clutch and a smarty
railroaderone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:11 PM   #374
Originally Posted by victograph View Post
@MrsEvans. Thank you. So far enjoying our rv. Making small changes to make it fit us. Our Granddaughter loves it and tells us it is her RV.
That's wonderful! That's the best part of the experience, spending time with friends and family, I can't wait until I get to go in October
Michelle Evans
Katy, TX
2011 Carriage Cabo 341
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #375
Site Team
Victograph- after reading your post #369 this thread I searched and found
your original Welcome thread. First let me also welcome you to FRF!! We hope you love your new RV and use it often! As to your comment-re
after getting welcomes that related I bought a piece of crap-
I'm confused. There were a hole line of folks who posted welcomes and just 1 negative. Please remember this is the internet. We do have rules about being nice and the vast majority of folks here are very friendly.
But not everyone is happy all the time. That's life. We also hope you use and enjoy our forums but we can't promise everyone will be in a good mood every single day! Sometimes a slightly thicker skin is beneficial in an open forum. Many come here to share and learn and socialize. A very few come here to complain.
I once briefly joined a forum where no complaint or negative comment of any kind was allowed. It was dull, boring and I posted there exactly once and never went back...
We're pretty confident our forum isn't like that!

Again- Welcome and Happy Trails!
Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:50 PM   #376
So far we are loving our Vengeance 377V. It has had some minor (imo) things that need fixed That I did myself. The pocket door hinges broke and I replace with better ones from Home Depot. Some of the trim was loose but I just stapled it back with a few more staple. I had to put silicone around the shower as they missed some places. 1 major problem that the dealer had to take care of was the 15k Dometic AC had to be replaced, but that was not the fault of FR. We have about 30 days camping so far.
2015 Ram Mega 3500 DRW, 2016 Vengeance 377V
boatman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:17 AM   #377
First off let me say we Love the Hemi. Since 1984 this is our 7th RV, all different manufactures. Only had 1 that I considered a Lemon, of course that just happened to be the largest and most expensive. I will have to say, with each new one I have noticed less QA. However, if you stop and think most all of the main highways today are progressively getting worst and folks are usually towing faster. With these two factors alone, it's small wonder more things don't shake apart. Not defending the manufactures, just stating fact. I also totally agree that more attention to detail needs to be added for installation. Design is good, but installation is progressively declining, which contributes to items coming loose, falling off etc.
George Scott
2015 Salem Hemisphere Lite 272RLIS/ Prodigy P3
2006 Heartland BH 3400/Summer Home
2007 Dodge 2500 CDT QCSB/Andersen WDH, Maxxis 8008 225 x 75 x15 LR E tires/J T Strongarms
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:44 AM   #378
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
I guess I should be an unhappy FR owner, but I'm not. Had our Wildcat for a year only to find out it was cracking around the slideouts and leaking water. The dealer contacted Wildcat and they recalled it back to the factory. It was sent back in the fall to have both sidewalls replaced and the front cap repainted along with a few other things they did above & beyond. It came back near perfect like a brand new one. Happy? YES! Buy FR again? YES! Just work with them.
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 40 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #379
So far DW and I really enjoy ours. It is our first, and I will say most likely not the last. There have been a few minor issues that I suppose I could warranty, but we have been taking it out on average every two weeks and will continue to do so. I don't want it trapped in the shop for a month for the dealer to do a crummy job fixing something I can do myself at home. (I'm the same way with my vehicles. They never go back to the dealer.)

The only thing I may consider calling FR about is the state of the hide-a-bed couch. It has never stayed upright and locked when travelling and knocked a small hole in the floor on one trip. I started tying it up after that and now it has become very difficult and clunky to extend.

Once I get the 50Amp service installed at the house this week, that thing is coming out and the investigation will commence.
Current vehicle list: 16 Flagstaff 832IKBS, 14 RAM 1500 4x4 Hemi 3.92 Bilsteins!, 04 Dodge Ram SRT-10 40,000 miles, 03 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 225,000 miles, 97 F150 4x4 5.4L 235,000 miles, 80 Firebird Esprit (drag only), 78 Harley Davidson FX 79,000 miles dad bought new, 71 El Camino ZZ3 TH400 12-Bolt, 37 Ford 3 window 502 Chevy dad built
2Evil4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:22 PM   #380
Forest River Owner

I own a forest river surveyor 240rbs I bought it in march 2016 so far it has been good no major issues the front cap is a gelcoat fiberglass and it has already faded (cosmetic) but none the less it is only 1yr old (2015)
contacted forest river they said contact dealer and when i shut down for winter to get it to the shop and they would warrenty it. I think it is like anything else either you get a good one or a lemmon.
I dont think any of the major manufacturers do it much different unless you are talking like airstream and then the price triples. you do get what you pay for

jec9017 is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river