Old 09-22-2016, 04:39 PM   #381

Crusader 295

Just got back from 5.5 weeks (8,000km) of camping with our 2016 Crusader. Everything worked perfect. No factory defects that weren't corrected by the dealer (Wholesale RV Club ---Colrain RV Cincinnati). Just wished the dealer had done a better job of showing me how to connect the 5th wheel to ensure it does not disconnect. Pulled out of the drive way trailer disconnected and took out the tailgate and dropped the trailer on the truck bed....ouch. After that all went well.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:38 PM   #382

We bought our 2017 Cruise Lite 201BHXL on July 1st.
We have had it out 1 full week, and 8 weekend trips. It has only sat for 3 weekends.
We have not had one issue, and are loving our purchase.
I did change out the shower head, add a battery shutoff switch, and add a 24" tv.
I have a few other changes to make. But the trailer has performed flawlessly.

Old 09-22-2016, 05:47 PM   #383

I should not post this since it will probably jinx me but we have had our Puma for a little over a year. We have had a couple pieces of interior furniture trim come loose and of course the grey and black tank sensors don't work but other than that we are very happy with our cat. With the DW work schedule as it is we don't get to go out as often as we would like but none the less are happy.
Troy, Josie and our 2 K9 co-pilots Breck and Maggie
USN 86-92
Hugeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 10:37 AM   #384

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Evil4U View Post
So far DW and I really enjoy ours. It is our first, and I will say most likely not the last. There have been a few minor issues that I suppose I could warranty, but we have been taking it out on average every two weeks and will continue to do so. I don't want it trapped in the shop for a month for the dealer to do a crummy job fixing something I can do myself at home. (I'm the same way with my vehicles. They never go back to the dealer.)

The only thing I may consider calling FR about is the state of the hide-a-bed couch. It has never stayed upright and locked when travelling and knocked a small hole in the floor on one trip. I started tying it up after that and now it has become very difficult and clunky to extend.

Once I get the 50Amp service installed at the house this week, that thing is coming out and the investigation will commence.
Extend it all the way out. Then look by the back wall towards the floor. There two arms, snug up those bolts.

Then when you fold it back up, make sure to lift the front so that the back of the part you sit on hooks in the back. There are two hooks on the back of the part you sit on, those have to hook in.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:16 AM   #385
Failure is my business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul GA View Post
Then when you fold it back up, make sure to lift the front so that the back of the part you sit on hooks in the back. There are two hooks on the back of the part you sit on, those have to hook in.
THAT's WHAT THAT's for!!!!

I had that bugger apart down to the frame last weekend to fix a failed drawer slide and generally inspect it and it never occurred to me that the hooks on the back of the seat might go into the loops on the back frame. Mainly because I had the seat removed for most of the work.

As soon as I read it it made sense.

Bravo!
Current vehicle list: 16 Flagstaff 832IKBS, 14 RAM 1500 4x4 Hemi 3.92 Bilsteins!, 04 Dodge Ram SRT-10 40,000 miles, 03 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 225,000 miles, 97 F150 4x4 5.4L 235,000 miles, 80 Firebird Esprit (drag only), 78 Harley Davidson FX 79,000 miles dad bought new, 71 El Camino ZZ3 TH400 12-Bolt, 37 Ford 3 window 502 Chevy dad built
2Evil4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:32 PM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Evil4U View Post
THAT's WHAT THAT's for!!!!

I had that bugger apart down to the frame last weekend to fix a failed drawer slide and generally inspect it and it never occurred to me that the hooks on the back of the seat might go into the loops on the back frame. Mainly because I had the seat removed for most of the work.

As soon as I read it it made sense.

Bravo!
Mine was jamming bringing back up and unfold on its own... seemed those arms were jamming it. I was folding it back up and spotted the hooks and went DOH!
Old 09-28-2016, 09:33 AM   #387
Failure is my business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul GA View Post
Mine was jamming bringing back up and unfold on its own... seemed those arms were jamming it. I was folding it back up and spotted the hooks and went DOH!
Yup. It makes perfect sense once you see it.

Thanks again!
Current vehicle list: 16 Flagstaff 832IKBS, 14 RAM 1500 4x4 Hemi 3.92 Bilsteins!, 04 Dodge Ram SRT-10 40,000 miles, 03 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 225,000 miles, 97 F150 4x4 5.4L 235,000 miles, 80 Firebird Esprit (drag only), 78 Harley Davidson FX 79,000 miles dad bought new, 71 El Camino ZZ3 TH400 12-Bolt, 37 Ford 3 window 502 Chevy dad built
2Evil4U is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:42 PM   #388

Heritage Glenn

My DW and I purchased a 2017 Heritage Glenn in July and so far we are more than happy with it. It has a few minor quality issues, but the biggest issue we've had is the awing arm can't support the awning and I can't get the dealer to fix it.

I don't know if the biggest problem is with the manufacturing or the dealer support. I know the there will always be manufacturing defects especially when you have this many different components being brought together to make the whole assembly. The dealer is the one who can ultimately make the manufacturer look good or bad. If they're not willing to put the extra effort in to customer service, then the manufacturer will look like they don't care. IMO!
Old 09-30-2016, 11:34 PM   #389

Have you checked that all the screws, rivits and connector jobbies are installed and tightened? It is an unfortunate part of this industry that most dealers do not give a hoot about their customers after the sale papers have been signed. If you can't get your awning figured out; you might consider enlisting the aid of a good RV tech. They'd probably figure it out in a jiffy.
Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 04:29 PM   #390

Happy FR owner here

Hi all. I have a 2016 Rockwood Roo 233S that I bought in June as an upgrade.

I am very pleased with it so far and don't have any complaints.

My friends get a kick out of sleeping on the pop out beds, and I've gotten several compliments on it so far.

Tags
forest river