Old 03-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #431

While this thread is a little over 2 years old and still updated with relatively good comments should show you something. I am a new FR TT owner myself and made that decision after a lot of research on sites and threads like this one. After many hours spent on the internet looking at these comments, I found one thing that seemed common to all forums and threads...most are filled with people that are complaining, fixing, trying to get warranty work, etc... I've not found many threads that start, "Took my TT out this weekend and had no issues, dealer was a standup guy and business, warranty work started yesterday and finished today", and so on. They are out there, don't get me wrong, but they are few and far between. Normally when we're looking for reviews, we're looking for issues that individuals have had and weighing those with our "Can I handle that?" skill set. Taking into account that the RV industry literally sells thousands of RVs per year and the actual small number of complaints, I've found that you have to take it all with a grain of salt. For every complaint against a manufacturer or a model, there are many many more that don't have a complaint and have a great product or it falls into their "I can handle that" skill sent. While my new TT does have some issues, it's nothing that I can't handle and nothing that I wasn't prepared for after researching and reading a lot. Just my .02.

On another note: I need to thank all of you who have replied to this thread and are on this forum. I have learned a lot from you already and expect I will learn a lot more from you in the time to come.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #432

April will start our fifth year of "full time" rving in our FR Sandpiper. Have had some issues that were fixed and have made some mods with FR Sandpiper factory involved ( Marshall H.-plant manager).
Forest River has stood tall and this has allowed us to continue on the journey.

As far as our "purchasing" dealer is concerned, I wouldn't drag it to them even at the point of a gun.

Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:43 AM   #433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
While this thread is a little over 2 years old and still updated with relatively good comments should show you something. I am a new FR TT owner myself and made that decision after a lot of research on sites and threads like this one. After many hours spent on the internet looking at these comments, I found one thing that seemed common to all forums and threads...most are filled with people that are complaining, fixing, trying to get warranty work, etc... I've not found many threads that start, "Took my TT out this weekend and had no issues, dealer was a standup guy and business, warranty work started yesterday and finished today", and so on. They are out there, don't get me wrong, but they are few and far between. Normally when we're looking for reviews, we're looking for issues that individuals have had and weighing those with our "Can I handle that?" skill set. Taking into account that the RV industry literally sells thousands of RVs per year and the actual small number of complaints, I've found that you have to take it all with a grain of salt. For every complaint against a manufacturer or a model, there are many many more that don't have a complaint and have a great product or it falls into their "I can handle that" skill sent. While my new TT does have some issues, it's nothing that I can't handle and nothing that I wasn't prepared for after researching and reading a lot. Just my .02.

On another note: I need to thank all of you who have replied to this thread and are on this forum. I have learned a lot from you already and expect I will learn a lot more from you in the time to come.
Well said, and I am in violent agreement!
Old 03-18-2017, 08:28 AM   #434

I am a full time rv guy in the forever moist pacific northwest for almost three and a half years . I bought my fifth wheel new . and not one thing (period) has gone wrong. I take that back , one of my toilet paper holder screws in the door keeps loosening , I gotta get on that . when I asked my go to knowledge guy what it means that Warren Buffet owns the company , he said it means everything , look at the man . we would live in nothing else . hope that helps . kenny

Tags
forest river