Old 02-25-2015, 01:13 PM   #51

happy with FR

We are happy with out FR 5thwheel, we have a 30 ft classic super lite model, no major issues, we camp twice a month. i check out this site, to learn things, i like changing things in my RV, we put splitters in, so we can watch dish or use local tv. put a water faucet on my cold water low water drain, to gain a water source instead of having to go back to where the rv is hooked to the camp water supply. we try different things, to see if we like the improvements or not, doesnt mean we are always having to work or fix them. but over all , i am very pleased with my RV.

david
we camped 52 nights last year as weekend warriors. in Texas

Old 02-25-2015, 01:41 PM   #52

Happy with Forest River

We've had 2 Forest River products - both Sandpipers. Our first was a Sandpiper Travel Trailer with one slide. We traded it for a Sandpiper Destination Model with 2 slides and love it. Our destination model is set in a location that is pretty permanent - so we aren't towing it everywhere. But it meets all of our expectations plus. We've never had issues with either model. Hope you are as happy with FR as we are!

Happy Camping!
Becky in Ohio

Old 02-25-2015, 01:42 PM   #53

I'm on my second Surveyor trailer and I have really enjoyed them. They are not intended for full time use and are built lightweight which translates into flimsier interior walls etc. The problems I have had were from after sales issues, dealing with buying additional parts from the factory. But not the actual trailer. I work on my own trailers and most of the complaints I see is from the monkey farm at the dealerships, don't let them jump on your trailer...Happy traveling....Walt
Old 02-25-2015, 01:45 PM   #54

Forest River happy owners

I'm looking to purchase a 36 Cedar Creek 5th wheel. Where does the Cedar Creek fall in the FR quality line up Is the a list that shows best to not so good??
Old 02-25-2015, 01:54 PM   #55

I have a 2015 Apex travel trailer and I couldn't be any happier. I have been a dealer, and a manufacturer's rep for over 40 years and I can assure you that none of these are built with expectations they will need repair. We recently spent 5 weeks in the trailer and I have yet found a need to return to the dealer for repairs. In fact we enjoyed it so much we just traded for a Chaparral 5th wheel for which we are waiting delivery. It's like any product manufactured today, every now and then something will go wrong and the people who have the problems are usually the only one you hear from. Just enjoy and if something comes up you have to deal with it. Reading these forums can be a big help.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:08 PM   #56

I have a Prime Time Manufacturing Avenger ATI. THey are owned by FR. We have had it officially for 1 year. We camped around 30 days last season and have had very minor issues. A piece of trim 2" long fell off, the locks on all exterior storage compartments were hard to operate & a sliding door inside did not latch correctly. Just got it back from the dealer for repairs. The only thing I was charged for was lubricating and cleaning the locks. Everything else is working great.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:16 PM   #57

I have had two Forest River TT's. The first one I had no problems at all. I traded it on a brand new unit in 2012 and I had a problem with dome over the shower leaking due to the roof stressing while moving and it would crack the plastic dome above the shower and when it would rain it leaked. Between me and the dealer, we were able to figure out what was going on. I had to take it in 4 times because each time they replaced the dome it cracked. I found out by removing the fan in the bathroom and the inside part of the dome in the shower that there was not enough roof support so even when they replaced the outside part of the dome, just walking around up there cracked the plastic. This was when FR went from a flat roof to a rounded roof. Once they added support where it needed to be, we have had no further problems. You win some and you lose some.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #58

We have a 2013 Rockwood 8289WS and LOVE it. Had roof leak that was fault of a low tree branch (%$#%) so except for the cheep tires (replaced)no problems . We use it mostly in the winter months (California 60s & 70s)
rshultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #59
Another adventure awaits!

Have owned a 27' TT - Surveyor ... Have upgraded to 35' 5th - palomino sabre ... Love them both ... Sometimes it is the dealership purchased from and not the manufacturer ... If you have a great dealership to work with if there are problems, that can go a long way if someone is happy or not happy with their purchase ...
Old 02-25-2015, 02:21 PM   #60

my 2007 rockwood is still in great shape lots of camping trips only problem is getting the correct screen frames for the windows camping world and the dealer was no help just costly the trailer is 33 ft love it would get one same brand

Tags
forest river