Old 02-25-2015, 01:21 PM   #61
We really like our "Chappy".Haven't had any large issues that I couldn't fix.Our dealer is in Tulsa,Ok. and Hunter RV has been great to send us a few parts under warranty and paid shipping both ways.Just had the factory send us a new light fixture that shorted out at the bulb.Took all of four days to get here from ordering.Can't say enough about the service and the build quality has been good so far.It's a 2015 29 RKS.Warranty runs out next month.As soon as the weather breaks,I will check every thing over real well to make sure any issues will get the parts.

DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:28 PM   #62
Have a 2012 8315BSS. We both love it. Only problems so far were probably my fault. Bypass valves at water tank stripped. 2 so far. I did find out that delta faucets are a perfect replacement for the plastic ones that come w/the trailer. Home Depot or wherever. A good upgrade. My brother has a Roo and also loves it. I don't think u can go wrong.

bgarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:48 PM   #63
Send a message via Skype™ to stillontheroad
We purchased a 2012 Signature Ultra Lite travel trailer in the fall of 2014 and took it to Texas for the winter. Amazing trailer, very well built,absolutely no problems. In the spring a guy came along and made me an offer I could not refuse so we went shopping for another Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite but this time a 5th wheel. We found one (also 2012) 8280WS and are currently in Florida and just love it too. Very well built, easy to tow, extremely stable on the road. All components function perfectly and the finish is far superior to anything we have ever seen in this $25-$30 thousand price range (used). If I get another offer I cannot refuse, I will be looking for another Rockwood for sure.
stillontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:07 PM   #64
Forest River Quality

We are on our third Forest River product. We love the CCs that w have had and the Silverback. I had a few issues, but they were mostly operator error. I bought all of my FR trailers from International RV in Bay City, Michigan. This dealership is the very best.
Last year we went to the FROG rally in Goshen. I asked the service if they could help me with my entry steps. My wife's arthritis has progressed to the point where she had major difficulty just getting in and out of the trailer. The Forest River Service Department put on new steps with no charge to me. I guess my whole point is that the whole company is made up of good people.
dwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 02:09 PM   #65

On our second Forrest River 'Grey Wolf'. First one a toy hauler, now a 26BH. Like anything else new, check it over thoroughly before use. Little caulking here and there, a few new shelves to make mama happy and you're good to go.
Hagar28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:26 PM   #66
Agree with Geotex1.
dbryan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #67
Overall I like my Sierra, actually I love it. I'm extremely dissatisfied with my service dept and FR dragging their feet when I escalated the issue to them.

So, the product is good, they chose good components so far. The work I've needed done has actually been minor, things that should have been easy fixes.

This has drug on a total of four months. Six weeks the first go around, 10 weeks thus far with this visit. Out of the 13 months I've had it, four have been out of my hands.

So, to repeat, I'm happy with the camper, it's awesome, pulls great, is a superior camping experience.

But my service experience has been quite lacking. Some people have great dealers, some folks get the short straw like I did.
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:58 PM   #68
Hi just a line to say that though we realy like our 2015 Columbus 3800 by Palomino we have only used it once. It has been in the shop since October for warrenty work but it looks like we will have it back by the 1st of April. The dealer has had trouble getting the aproval for some of the repairs but persistence has won out. Hope you have good luck with yours.
mark wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:23 PM   #69
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
I am quickly approaching two years owning my 2013 Sabre, next month. I have to admit it has been an awesome experience traveling and meeting new people. The amount of knowledge shared and lessons learned on this forum has been priceless to me. I am very satisfied with my purchase and the quality of the Sabre. Small nit noid things bothered me at first but once they were addressed and we made our first trip to Goshen.....Forest River has my business for life. I think the quality of the Sabre line is in line with its price point and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase other FR product.
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44)2014-(59)
Nights Camped 2015-(47)2016-23
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:24 PM   #70
Any Happy Forest River Owner out there?

I can say I have some Warranty issues with my 2014 Sanibel but all in all my Dealer has corrected my issues and while I was at the Frog Rally in Goshen Indiana last August my Sanibel Rep. took care of some minor problems and made me glad I bought a Prime Time Unit. Forest River makes every attempt to make their Units User Friendly and their Customers happy. My 1st TT was a nightmare with cabinets coming loose from the Wall and Tires blowing out. This is my 3rd Forest River Unit.

Think positive and enjoy your RV.

popinfresh2 is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river