Old 02-25-2015, 07:58 PM   #71

Forest river quality

Have a 2015 300 bh love it, nothing but good things to say

Old 02-25-2015, 08:00 PM   #72

Sorry, but we have had our brand new(when we bought it) 2014 FR Flagstaff 5th wheel for just over a year and the list of items keeps growing with 50% fixed by dealer and rest by me (out of necessity since been travelling). I would have to say this one has been nothing but a lemon and its too bad there aren't lemon laws for trailers. The unit is a real contrast with some work done by craftsmen and other work by chainsaw wielders! We hope to get to the end of the issues or will have to trade or sell it and buy something else (not a FR brand)! Now we are past the 1 year warranty and have to pay or fix it ourselves. Make sure you use yours as much as possible to find the bugs ASAP and/or try to negotiate some form of extended warranty with your dealer. The issue is that when you are travelling, how do you give up your home to have it fixed? You take it to a dealer (if you can find one) then get a room if it is over one day's fix or you higher a mobile RV guy to do it and that ain't cheap, believe me, just dit it!

Old 02-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #73

my wife and I bought our 30f brand new in 06 and have had it on our perminant site from day 1 the only issue we had was that for forgot to hook up the coax cable to the antenna our dealership fixed it and we have been great several hundred notes camping I would gladly buy another forest river anyday
Old 02-25-2015, 08:34 PM   #74
Done with this

Our 1st PUP was SOB. We are on our second Coachmen. I have nothing but great things to say about Forest River!

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #75

We have owned 2 Pumas both have been nearly trouble free.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:31 PM   #76

We love our 2013 Palomino Ultra lite 30 ft. at 5400#.We've had it for 3 yrs and very few issues.Go find another 30 ft.TT at 5400# with this quality...bet you can't.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:02 PM   #77

FR Quality

Tothebeach-
I had the same concerns last fall before we ordered our Forester 2651. It seemed like everyone was calling out the quality issues which concerned me.

My wife and I had two other brand TT & fifth wheels over the years with no major problems before ordering our new MH. We had wanted a MH for over 30 years, but had to wait until we were in the right place in our lives. While deciding whether to buy everything I read here was negative. But the more I read, it began to look like a lot of the anger was directed at the dealers response to their concerns. People had legitimate concerns but they were more angry with how they were handled by their dealers.

I don't have enough experience with my new FR to tell you one way or another at this point but I would say don't let your few concerns get in the way of your enjoyment. You may have a few issues but you will deal with them and move on. Good luck to you and your family.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:27 AM   #78
Granny Frog

We have a 2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS that we have been fulltiming in since July, 2013. We've had it from east coast to west coast and north to south with very few issues. Sure there have been a few things that have cropped up from time to time, but Forest River always comes through. We have met lots of people in different rigs from many manufacturers in our extensive travels. There is no "perfect" rig. But, by comparison, we consider ourselves very lucky to have stuck with Forest River. We previously had a Rockwood Mini-Lite that we also loved. I would definitely recommend attending the FROG Rally held each summer in Goshen, IN. You will learn a lot about Forest River, have an opportunity to do a factory tour and meet some of the greatest people in the world.
2013 Sierra Denali 2500 4WD Crew Cab

Fulltimers since 6/5/13
ksjerram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:17 PM   #79
Director, FROG

The answer to the OP's question, "Any Happy Forest River Owners Out There?" would certainly seem to be a resounding "Yes."

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #80
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothebeach View Post
Hey, I just purchased a new Roo which I will pick up in several weeks. If you read the thread below titled Quality, it would seem that Forest River puts out nothing but POS. It is rather disconcerting reading this as a new TT buyer. I'm hoping that my unit is decent quality with minimal issues, not perfect but just decent. From what I have read on here, that may be asking a lot. Can't help but wonder if I should have bought that other make and model.

I would really appreciate hearing from some of you that have been relatively pleased with your units. I hope there are some of you out there.

Guess I'm wondering if my dream vacations could turn into nightmares based on some of the experiences shared.

Thanks much.
Isn't the grass always greener on the other side? Of course they have issues don't we all. I can't see very well but I can fix that. My RV bounces but I can fix that. Boy I can do/fix a lot of things instead of complaining!

donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river