Old 02-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #81
I have a 2008 flagstaff fifth wheel with 68,000 miles on it with no major problems. I did replace the continental tires because of bubbles popping up on the side walls and one of the rocker chairs broke. All of the appliances have worked perfectly. I do keep it under a carport and that helps to protect it.

CooperCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #82
Yep! We love our 2011 Cedar Creek. We have no complaints with Forest River. This is our 3rd Forest River RV.

2011 Cedar Creek 36B2 ordered with outside kitchen removed and a nice big wardrobe in it's place.
Pulled with a 2011 F-250 Super Duty 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab and 8' box with a Hensley BD-3 Trailer Saver. F R O G members.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #83
We have a cc silverback and have been very happy. Although, we have never expected perfection out of it. Minor fixes have occurred but nothing to write home about. We love our 5er.
traeger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #84
Wow, I now feel better than I did after reading the "Quality" thread. Thanks for all your perspectives and comments about your Forest River TT's.
I am looking forward to picking up my new Roo in a few weeks but wasn't so sure before reading this thread.
Thanks again and Happy Camping.
tothebeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #85
Happy owner but not trouble free.

After looking for several years we finally found what was as close to what we wanted as we were going to find. We then ordered it last March, a 2014 Columbus 320RS. When it arrived it was actually the first 2015 model the dealer received, which was nice. We ordered one as opposed to taking what they had on the lot so that it would be equipped exactly how we wanted it. For one thing due to pets we wanted minimal carpet in the bedroom. We had talked to dealer reps at shows who told us all we had to do was request this on the order. Long story short, despite the special order, the unit came in with the stock carpet layout. During the dealer walk through several things did not work, and were all repaired then, or so we thought. The bathroom fan took four tries, the cable inputs took three, and we are hoping the inconsistent air conditioner works correctly when summer gets here. I have documented everything we found wrong, both in writing and photographs. We are getting close to two dozen items so far. If I was capable, I fixed many of the small things myself. These were things like stripped screws, molding falling off, plugs wired wrong, and similar things. Overall I was appalled at the lack of quality control and number of problems. I’ll never forget the first night when I went to plug in my cell phone in the bedroom and the wall plug fell into the hole, which had been cut too big, and into the cavity between the walls. The factory person installing the plug just snapped the cover on knowing the first time it was used that would happen. Our dealer is very friendly and quick to work on anything we bring in, but I have decided they just band aid things together most of the time. Simple things they fix. Things like air conditioners, furnaces, and the like they will get running but they often are not actually fixed. The most serious issue I have had is the aluminum frame broke at the door. I am posting the actual repair notes from the repair shop. In case you can’t read it, he closes with the following statement: “If this works and holds I’ll be the most surprised [moderator edit] you’ll ever see.” I guess they were not expecting me to ask for a copy of the repair notes. I was very disappointed in the lack of quality from the factory. Last year we camped over 50 nights and I have discussed my quality issues with hundreds of campers and dozens of RV park workers. Everyone I have talked with says the lack of quality control is industry wide and not just with Forrest River. I have swapped hundreds of horror stories about new RV issues. All things considered I would still buy the same RV from the same dealer. Despite all the problems we love the RV. The dealer is close and will fix things if you hound them. They even came out to my house to fix the cable the third try because it supposedly worked at the dealership but not at RV parks or my house. It took them three hours tracing cable lines to find and fix those problems. After a year I have all the known problems fixed and they are cropping up much less frequently now. As of right now we have trips planned for this year that will result in at least 60 nights in our RV.
bobneal69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:04 PM   #86
I have had issues and they have been repaired.I have requested changes and at Goshen these items addressed as well. I have fixed many small things and just look at it was part of owning anything. I would buy another if the layout meets our needs and we are able to make a deal. There are fewer dealers in Canada and we do not have access to all models so settling for something that will work or travelling to RVW to purchase is an option too..
B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:07 PM   #87
Yes this couple
My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:02 AM   #88
Take a look at the other manufacturers discussion boards... 😳

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:41 AM   #89
The issues in the RV industry closely mirror those of the auto industry between 1950 and 2000. When comparing boards, it is important to compare “apples-to-apples”. Make sure you are not only comparing like styles of units, but also cost. My research and now firsthand experience, after owning three Forest River products and one non-FR, is that there are significant difference is quality and commitment to customer service, not only from the manufacturer, but from what they expect from their wholesalers/dealers. Unfortunately, there is a cost. In this industry the saying you get what you pay for has never been truer. With that being said, with sales at an all-time high, FR has been slowly raising their prices and in some cases attempting to charge the same as some of the higher quality manufacturers. In that situation, you owe it to yourself to at least compare.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #90
We are very happy with our 2010 Forest River Flagstaff 27 BHSS. Other than having to fix the awning and the water heater (apparently not a good idea to start it on the element when it is empty of water) from my own stupidity...! It is a mechanical beast so you need to expect things will come up, other than the stories of things not done right at the factory, which does not surprise me if you have every seen a video ( of the factory floor. There is always the chance you just happen to buy the one built on a Wednesday with issues. I went into the purchase knowing the TT was an ultralite which means they cut corners in places you cannot see to cut down the weight. Could we have done better...sure, but we paid 24K and not 34K or 44K for our 4.5 months of summer fun.

tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote

forest river