Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
No ones bashing FR just stating the truth . Rv sales are at a peak and quality control is at a minimum. will FR honor their warranty ! Yes. can it be like pulling teeth Yes! should it be NO . most of what comes out of the factory is not up to snuff . Do they make a nice product yes . do they cost themselves more money because they don't catch things at the factory yes . who pays for the lack of quality control the customer .
I've stated before my unit is relatively free of problems . Why because i went through the unit and fixed the shoddy craftsmanship .
Please don't try to lecture me . you would have to know what the situation is/was before you make assumptions .
No FR did not go out of their way to help me . it took me going after them

All I can say or add, is try getting warranty service or approval from other manufacturers. I think your definition of pulling teeth would be significantly revised.
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:21 PM   #202
Who Dares, Wins

I've been happy with the three FR products I've owned. Now that does not mean I have not raised my eyebrow when cleaning the left over trash behind drawers or the staples used to build the trailer, or cheap wiring. But I am handy and I just fix it as they come up. It is a house on wheels and I have heard just as many complaints from Winne owners, Jaycos... Coleman, Keystone... Blah blah. All the same.

So over all I am a happy FR owner and will most likely keep buying as long as they have a model or floor plan I am looking for in the future.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:57 PM   #203

We are just out of the shop at Elkhart. We had the flex problem on our Sanibel plus a tear in our Lino. All fixed & other things we didn't know we're an issue. Working with FR & Ron & his staff at Recreation Specialty they went above & beyond. To say we were pleased we are ecstatic. Would we buy from FR again. A resounding YES.
Idylours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:34 PM   #204

Big Mo Larry

I purchased an FR-3 in March 2015. I took it on several 2/3 day trips before I made the cross country trip (8,800 miles) so I had my local dealer helping me out with all of the initial problems. On July 15th I set out cross country and one of my stops was Elkhart, Indiana because the local dealer could not fix the air conditioning system. Here I met Rick Black and he helped me out with several things and did a very good job! He was not able to do anything with the AC as I was told this was a Ford problem. Moving from here and heading west other problems developed and every time I contacted a Forrest River dealer they were too busy to assist me in any timely fashion. By now I contacted Brian Knight (warranty for Class A motor homes) and told him that it was crazy to purchase a RV like this and then have to wait weeks for service. This was especially evident when asked if I purchased the unit from them. As soon as they were told I purchased it in PA I was moved to the back of the line! Finally I told Brian I was going to be in CA and that he was to find a repair shop on a given date and to make an appointment and I would be there. I also took my Harley and in Denver I needed a new tire and brakes so the dealer told me I may have to wait a little but due to the fact that I was traveling through town they would help me out. I think Forrest River should make their dealer help travelers as this should be part of their service (esp since these are warranty issues). Regarding the Air Conditioner the Ford dealer claimed it was FR problem so I was in the merry go round. The repair center I was sent to in CA (J&L) was excellent however they did not work on Air Conditioners but he was a great business man and told me he would take it to someone close by that could fix it. To date is is better than before but still not working very well. On some other notes the bunk above the drivers seat always falls down so finally I made a trip to Home Depot and purchased some heavy lag bolts which seem to have done the job. The design of magnets is lousy for sure.
I have had the head lights adjusted several times only to realize these are not powerful enough for this application. They should be up graded as advisability at night is very bad. The lights for the slide out awning are great but when you put them on the parking lights go on so this is a bad design also. Lastly the entry steps were very weak and the guy at J&L had to re-weld them so they would not sage. Just so you know I only averaged 7mpg!
Larry Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:20 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idylours View Post
We are just out of the shop at Elkhart. We had the flex problem on our Sanibel plus a tear in our Lino. All fixed & other things we didn't know we're an issue. Working with FR & Ron & his staff at Recreation Specialty they went above & beyond. To say we were pleased we are ecstatic. Would we buy from FR again. A resounding YES.

This is great that they have taken care of your issues along with everyone else who can or is willing to travel to one of the propaganda meetings or to the factory.However, very few are asking why didn’t they just take the time to inspect and correct before shipping to the dealer?

Someone on the Forum recently suggested that a very small percentage will ever go through trouble of taking it to them.For the remainder FR hopes to stall and delay until the warranty runs out then deny the repairs.

If that is the case, probably not a sustainable business model.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:08 AM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by The KULAs View Post
NS1960- each division has its own warranty department . How many different FR models have you owned to back a statement like this ?
I agree some models have had there issues but most have had good results and issues repaired.
You had issues and made a deal for a extended warranty. Your issue is resolved, case closed! You need to tell people how great FR was to go out of there way to resolve your issue.😵😱

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
My dealer backed up my own experience. I was lied to and ignored by the Sierra warranty contact, Jeff Johnson. My dealer said the same. I have a chain of unanswered email and phone records showing the multiple times I called and left messages.

I was advised by another division rep on here to go over Sierra to Forest River management to include contact info. I was ignored there too.

So, Forest River does indeed ignore the issues their customers have. I'm glad you're happy. I'm not, as are several others.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:52 AM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
My dealer backed up my own experience. I was lied to and ignored by the Sierra warranty contact, Jeff Johnson. My dealer said the same. I have a chain of unanswered email and phone records showing the multiple times I called and left messages.

I was advised by another division rep on here to go over Sierra to Forest River management to include contact info. I was ignored there too.

So, Forest River does indeed ignore the issues their customers have. I'm glad you're happy. I'm not, as are several others.

I have read many horror stories from many different divisions at FR. But NS and I have XLRs and there seams to be a different additude at this division.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:47 AM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by The KULAs View Post
I have read many horror stories from many different divisions at FR. But NS and I have XLRs and there seams to be a different additude at this division.

Then they need to have a come to Jesus meeting with the other divisions because if mine had an engine or Georgia lemon law was written to cover trailers then this thing would have been someone else's problem a long time ago.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:18 PM   #209

If you are not a handy person the RV life is not for you for sure! What can go wrong will go wrong. Count on it!!
Larry Roth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Roth View Post
If you are not a handy person the RV life is not for you for sure! What can go wrong will go wrong. Count on it!!

Especially with some of the Forest River brands, not all, but perhaps most.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #211

Just had a thought - I think many (not all of course) who have NOT had any/many issues might be afraid to speak up because they might jinx themselves. However, I know of a person (who will go nameless) and she, I mean he, has had very few problems and is very happy with their experience, so far
2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 02:30 PM   #212

Forest River’s commitment to quality and customer satisfaction can best be summarized as being significant and symbolic, in change as well as renewal.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:31 PM   #213

We like our Flagstaff Super Lite, but there are many things that should have been done better. After reading about the many horror stories that many have faced, I feel pretty good. Common sense is not allowed in the assembly line and I guess we have to realize that.
2015 Ram Big Horn
RETCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
This is great that they have taken care of your issues along with everyone else who can or is willing to travel to one of the propaganda meetings or to the factory.However, very few are asking why didn’t they just take the time to inspect and correct before shipping to the dealer?

Someone on the Forum recently suggested that a very small percentage will ever go through trouble of taking it to them.For the remainder FR hopes to stall and delay until the warranty runs out then deny the repairs.

If that is the case, probably not a sustainable business model.
You seem to Bash FR anytime you can, Your last sentence is that they wait for your warranty to run out. That is so much untrue. Even if you didn't say it just to repeat it. If you file during your time they will takecare of it, also what other company will fix problems 4 years out of warranty free at the rally. Please name one? Winnabago? yea right...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:46 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
You seem to Bash FR anytime you can, Your last sentence is that they wait for your warranty to run out. That is so much untrue. Even if you didn't say it just to repeat it. If you file during your time they will takecare of it, also what other company will fix problems 4 years out of warranty free at the rally. Please name one? Winnabago? yea right...
I am sorry, not aware we had a policy maker with FR on the Forum. Are you on their board?
Old 12-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
I am sorry, not aware we had a policy maker with FR on the Forum. Are you on their board?
I thought you knew we are all on the BOARD as long as your member...

Old 12-08-2015, 06:57 PM   #217

Sorry I will be the first to step up & say we have owned two Pumas with almost NO problems. A couple minor cosmetic issues with the 2013 were taken care of right away, Forest River just wanted a before & after picture.

I will not bash Forest River the 2013 which we picked up in June of 2012 has been trouble free the 2006 had no issues while we owned it........... I wish I could say the same for our house.....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:14 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Sorry I will be the first to step up & say we have owned two Pumas with almost NO problems. A couple minor cosmetic issues with the 2013 were taken care of right away, Forest River just wanted a before & after picture.

I will not bash Forest River the 2013 which we picked up in June of 2012 has been trouble free the 2006 had no issues while we owned it........... I wish I could say the same for our house.....

I wish I could to, and I don't tow it over the rotten interstate highway system....

Old 12-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #219

It seems your right but I am getting some action on the warranty. It seems like the 2016 models have problem's enough for Forest river to listen. I put 1600 miles on our first trip the heater quit after 3 days so I bought a ceramic heater to get us through it. Forest River did give me a dealer to go to that would fix some of my list. The wheel bearings had real light grease and the bearings were not tightened to bearing specs. They repacked them and replaced the seals withy a dbl seal. The stabilizer system has been plagued with bad switches. Their is a new model switch which so far works every time and has a weather shield. All my tires started showing extreme whear and side wall bubbles. Forest River is replacing them. In my opinion they have a poor quality system and end line testing at the factory I spent many years as a certified CQM ill bet they could not pass at every factory a quality audit. What they need is an independent consultant to inspect their quality plan and see if their following it. The consultant should have a strong background in Welding and inspections along with quality systems inspections along with painting systems. A good consultant could devise a better quality plan based on the report findings.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #220

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Approximately 18 months and no one has spoken up at Forest River and the fabric they use on bottom of slides. They have denied that there is a problem yet their solution is more Darco tape in those areas but they continue to tear. Many have found ways to make a repair on their own.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river