Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGREG View Post
Do I read your post correctly, 2004? The unit being over 10 years old, might have some problems, just saying.....
The industry hasn't changed since we bought ours, in 04.
Better?
Old 12-31-2015, 12:15 AM   #242

Oh I failed to mention...I cannot open a single window in my 2014 35rok!!! I never thought to check if I could open the windows. I've had some very strong men try to open them and they can't either!!! My RV service guy can't and he can't figure out why they won't open. The RV has been leveled by a professional and has piers under it like a mobile home. Thought that might help but nope. Pretty sad when you pay $40,000 cash for an RV and can't open one single window in the entire unit!!!!!!!!!!
dominic1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:49 AM   #243

well i just got a little more bitter....

Dometic fridge just crapped the bed! (blockage in cooling unit, which means whole cooling unit replacement)

Will hold out and see what they are going to do for me here. I live in my trailer and its not readily movable during the winters and their are no mobile/onsite rv service shops within 300km of here. this could get interesting...

Its not a job that i cant do, but i sure as heck wont be paying out of pocket ~$2000 for a new cooling unit on a year old fridge
Old 12-31-2015, 02:08 AM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothebeach View Post
I would really appreciate hearing from some of you that have been relatively pleased with your units. I hope there are some of you out there.
Thanks much.
We've got a 2014 Vibe 268RKS. Bought it in Feb. Spent three months in it and thousands of miles on and off over the past 10 months. Little things (like when you buy a new home) Most, I took care of on my own since we're picky. A few minor warranty issues which were taken care of by the dealer. Happy Forest River campers here.
BradB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:25 AM   #245

On my second forest River TT. No problems with the first one. Traded it for one with a bunk house, outdoor kitchen and a slide. Very happy since 2012.

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0 3.73

2012Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 06:17 AM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidRoy View Post
I am on my 2nd F.R. fifth wheel. My first was a 2013 XLR hyperlite. I had no factory issues with it. The dealer was Mid state Rv in GA. They stood behind the product and gave me a start up kit to get going.

My second is a 2016 prime time Spartan 1032 There are some minor issues the should have been caught at the factory but I fixed them my self. The big issue was the the Dealar , General RV would not stand behind the product. The check off list for the operation of every thing was not part of the walk through. Then I had to sign a form that stated the General RV would not warranty anything and I it was sold as is.

I fixed most of the issues my self rather than hassle with the dealer.
I really liked the part, (I HAD to sign a form that stated,NO Warranty,As IS!) on a 2016 Prime Time unit! That would Really make Me Happy! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:51 AM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I really liked the part, (I HAD to sign a form that stated,NO Warranty,As IS!) on a 2016 Prime Time unit! That would Really make Me Happy! Youroo!!
This leaves me puzzled? Why would anyone sign such a document on a 2016?

The only way I could even see that happening is if the unit was a 2016 that was used or damaged and substantially discounted?
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:45 AM   #248
Canadian Contingent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post

The only way I could even see that happening is if the unit was a 2016 that was used or damaged and substantially discounted?
X2

Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post

Too be clear the dealer position was that the manufacturers warranty is good. But they were not responsible.
RapidRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 08:50 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic1964 View Post
Oh I failed to mention...I cannot open a single window in my 2014 35rok!!! I never thought to check if I could open the windows. I've had some very strong men try to open them and they can't either!!! My RV service guy can't and he can't figure out why they won't open. The RV has been leveled by a professional and has piers under it like a mobile home. Thought that might help but nope. Pretty sad when you pay $40,000 cash for an RV and can't open one single window in the entire unit!!!!!!!!!!
I had a similar problem with my 2013 xlr. It is because the mounting screws are torqued too tight. loosen them a bit and the windows will function.
RapidRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:03 PM   #251

Quote:
Too be clear the dealer position was that the manufacturers warranty is good. But they were not responsible.
I think my position would of been to tell them where they could stick that document as I was walking out the door.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:50 AM   #252

I would have walk out the door !
***3rd GENERATION EGG FARMER***
***WHO MADE YOUR EGGS TODAY ?
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #253

Quote:
That Really cleared that up! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #254

Our wildcat is are second forest river product and we are very happy with the way forsert river has treated us,and they have pretty much fixed any issue we have had

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:56 AM   #255
Site Team

I wasn't happy with my Wildcat when we first bought it. The dealership had it much too long while handling a much too long punch list. I whined about all that early in my membership heer and was given the advice that the forum is NOT Forest River and whining here wouldn't help. That was good advice for me. Using Wildcat Chris (no longer here) and the contacts list provided on this forum, I learned that my dealership was likely the bottleneck in the process. Their service people were the nicest folks but just weren't good enough technicians to fix things. I felt like they tried to slick me only a couple of times.

My worst recurring problem was a leak in my bedroom slide. The dealership people tried to fix it on 3 separate occasions and even hosed a fix down for 20 minutes in their wash bay. Technicians at Goshen said they found the problem with the fix and "fixed it right" but it leaked on the way home.

Story gets better here: At Goshen I met the chief of Elkhart parts and service who had come to check on my neighbor's trailer problems. He asked about my experience so far. I told him. He came back the next day and asked if he could have a set of 3 slide-out toppers installed when I got home at no cost to me. When I got home, he called to set up the installation (I didn't have to call him). Toppers were installed 30 miles from my home - not at my selling dealership and all is well.

Have I had to fix anything myself? Oh, yes -- more good advice given here. My FW tank was about to fall out from under the trailer and FR warranty people told me how to shore it up for the trip to Goshen where they told me I done a better job than they could have done and left my fix!

The trailer is exactly what we need to match our lifestyle and I couldn't be happier now that FR jumped in and solved most of my issues... plus I've made several mods myself.

Happy New Year!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #256

Thank you so much! As soon as it warms up some I will give that a try! Had a new problem this week, the circuit board on my heater went out. Three hundred dollars later and it's fixed. I'd literally be ashamed to say I worked for this company Thank you for your help, it's much appreciated.
dominic1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #257

If all goes according to plan, I'll soon be a happy Forest River EX-owner... The current plan is to buy a Jayco White Hawk. To be honest, I don't expect it to really be that much better... but it's at least laid out better. I'm sure I'll be fixing it every weekend I'm not camping in it, for a while at least. I'll probably be fixing some things while camping too... and it really shouldn't be that way. But, ya pays yer monies and ya takes yer chances...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:56 PM   #258

Unhappy Happy with Georgetown until the windshield shattered

We were very happy with our 2006 28'Georgetown until our windshields shattered while setting up in Tuba City. It has totally shattered our confidence, but soon we will be trying it again.
I thought there would be many posts on this since the installer said he had done roughly 2000 replacements. It appears to me to be a safety issue or even a recall issue but the Internet is quiet.
Viejoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #259

I will be spending a few days in elkhart Indiana. Any things to do?
zimmnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #260

Quality reports

I agree with everyone on here that says the more handy you are. The happier you'll be. My FR bhl x-lite, had the "A" frame break on the hitch, after 500 KM. I believe the trailer may have been dropped, causing cracking in the frame, which just got worse. It took 2 months to get the work approved by FR, then they wanted me to pay for it, and they would reimburse me... Of course this happened during the 2 good months. I could weld it myself, but why, I paid for a new trailer to avoid these issues. Other things I do fix myself... Like the hose on the water pump that was not connected....
acris93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river