Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2016, 09:36 AM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyt11664 View Post
I really don't have a issue with FR or Primetime, I have a HUGE issue with the Dealership network with I could care less attitude and I am not getting paid for my troubles attitude. I am realistic about repairs and the knowledge of how things work and repairs. But being a automotive technician for over 36 years and treating customers the way this industry does, we all would be in Horse and buggy still. Very sad.
I took my ASE Master card out of my wallet, put it on the counter in front of the guy and informed him that I could run rings around his "techs" any day, so they should stop screwing around.

Very sad indeed, it astonishes me.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:24 AM   #342

We are on our 3rd Rockwood RV. Our luck has been very good. All three are from different dealers and we have had no major complaints. Dealers are all within 50 miles. We will not buy anything but Rockwood, and all have been brand new. The quality and workmanship is in our opinion a couple steps above some of their other brands, as they say, "you get what you pay for"!
Slpsld55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #343
Senior Senior Member

Kinda..... Sorta Happy

So we just got back from our swing through the NW... Nebraska, Wyoming, Yellowstone for a week, Spokane, Portland, Oregon coast near Newport (which was amazing and we'll be back) then a week in Orofino, ID for salmon fishing and then home via Montana/South Dakota. Over three weeks on the road and no new issues to report.

Clocked 5500 miles, most of which were towing. Happy to report no tire problems. Wheels and brakes ran just barely warm to the touch. Tires got a bit warm but not hot. Yes, I'm that kook in the right lane driving 62 on the 80 MPH interstates. I have the "undersized" Constancy 14 inch tires and wheels on my outfit which others have raised concerns about.

My remaining unsolved issue is that the refrigerator will not stay cold as we travel from place to place. It cools like crazy on propane if we are stopped but won't while moving.

Major hassle to have to tote along an ice chest to transport perishables.

My first TT... a bit of an entry level model, had no such trouble.

Anyone else experience this problem? If so, what did you do?

Thanks and Happy Camping
Old 06-01-2016, 01:28 PM   #344

What fridge? On our maiden voyage in our Roo 23WS with the Dometic DRM702 leads me to believe they are a piece of junk. The temp fluctuates and the electric heating element on ours fried on our firsr trip. No wonder they are being used as they cost about $900 as opposed to others that are closer to $1500. Get what you pay for I guess. I never had any issues with Norcold or Atwood fridges we had. I am already having my doubts about this Dometic. You shouldnt have to add fans and make mods to get them to work correctly, especially if not in a slideout. I never had to with other brands.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:06 PM   #345
Senior Senior Member

Yes,

I forgot to mention the large temperature fluctuations.

Well, it's probably what I was fearing..... this fridge is just not a good brand and even though I have the extended warranty, the problem is not one that can be fixed. Just junk.

Thanks for your comment, Mr. H
Old 06-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #346

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post

My remaining unsolved issue is that the refrigerator will not stay cold as we travel from place to place. It cools like crazy on propane if we are stopped but won't while moving.

Are you turning off your propane when you get ready to leave a campsite? If so, that is your issue. Your Refer will only cool when underway by using the propane.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:28 PM   #347
Who Dares, Wins

Unless the burner is getting blown out. I have seen a few here that have their's get blown out while moving from the wind.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #348
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Are you turning off your propane when you get ready to leave a campsite? If so, that is your issue. Your Refer will only cool when underway by using the propane.
This^

Unless you have a foldable camper or truck camper, you have a 2 way fridge.
The only way to keep it cool while traveling, is to run it on propane.
Our Dometic is not junk and it's worked perfect for nearly 10 years.
We often run it on propane while traveling.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:06 PM   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
I took my ASE Master card out of my wallet, put it on the counter in front of the guy and informed him that I could run rings around his "techs" any day, so they should stop screwing around.

Very sad indeed, it astonishes me.
Just FYI, I re-certified on a few of mine and hadn't received my new wallet card (Im an ASE Master truck tech with an L2 Cert) and I was told they discontinued the wallet card. I'm telling everyone I know to call ASE and tell them just how valuable those cards are for THIS exact reason. I've done this multiple times.

2016 212HW led valiantly into the beyond by a 2010 Track Edition Ford Ranger 4x4.

Nights camped 2016: 14
Nights camped 2017: 11 (so far)
Luv70sFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
This^

Unless you have a foldable camper or truck camper, you have a 2 way fridge.
The only way to keep it cool while traveling, is to run it on propane.
Our Dometic is not junk and it's worked perfect for nearly 10 years.
We often run it on propane while traveling.
That may be the case but the Dometic model I am referring to is the"Renaissance Series" Model DMR702. You can't make a comparison on anything made today to 10 years ago. I didnt do my homework. I probably would have taken issue with it if I would have. The Dometic DMR702 is made in China. You can't find much info such as a parts breakdown at Dometic, and when you take a good close look at the cooling unit and compare it to a Norcold, Atwood, or even the new generation Dometic it just screams cheap. I cant find much tech info on it but I sure can find plenty of complaints.

Its the first fridge I have had that after 2 days into the 1st trip the element shorts out. When something retails for over $500 less than its counterparts there is usually a reason and its not because they found some new technology which makes it work better. Maybe after replacing the element and if it works flawlessly for awhile, I may think otherwise but my initial experience leads me to think otherwise. In hindsight I would of gladly paid more to get the Atwood Helium.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:38 PM   #351
Senior Senior Member

Sadly

I am in the same DMR702 boat as Mr Haveramp.

I wish my troubles could be solved by something as simple as turning on the propane. But no, this is not a case of operator error. Matter of fact, I switched the unit to propane a full day before the last move and it cooled just fine, the temp swings notwithstanding. Within a half hour of being on the road, the temps started rising and kept it up all the way to 50°F. in about 5 hours.

While on our recent trip, my wife and I could not come up with a single thing we preferred about our Shadow Cruiser over the Flagstaff except for the refrigerator.

If I knew what a PITA this would be, I would have insisted on a different refer.

I'd be interested in hearing from others that have this model (DMR702)
Old 06-01-2016, 06:06 PM   #352

Same problem with my DMR702.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:14 PM   #353

My father in law has a 2015 8182ws 5th wheeler and he had it brought in cause his AC was not working, this weekend his hot water heater stopped working. I have a 1998 but won't can't complain, I paid 2300$ and everything works. Maybe the new stuff is just made in China crap now Adays .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrpep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:50 PM   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv70sFords View Post
Just FYI, I re-certified on a few of mine and hadn't received my new wallet card (Im an ASE Master truck tech with an L2 Cert) and I was told they discontinued the wallet card. I'm telling everyone I know to call ASE and tell them just how valuable those cards are for THIS exact reason. I've done this multiple times.
Well that blows. I'm due next year, so I'll certainly make some noise. As much as it costs to take these tests least they can do is give us the cards.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 01:48 PM   #355

FR Quality

We own a Concord 300DS on a Chevy chassis. Bought it with 5000 miles and have added 7000 in the last 3 months. No major issues with quality. I will say assembly leaves a bit to be desired. There is no care in things being aligned and straight and nobody vacuums sawdust during construction. However everything works and on a scale of one to ten I would rate it a six. We've had 6 other motor homes and they are all about the same.
richardelarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:00 PM   #356

We Couldn't Be Happier

Took our new camper to a county park just to verify all systems working before taking a longer trip. I must say at this point I could find nothing that is not working as advertised. I guess Forest River produces a cherry every now and then. We'll have to keep our fingers crossed for now...
modemem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post
So we just got back from our swing through the NW... Nebraska, Wyoming, Yellowstone for a week, Spokane, Portland, Oregon coast near Newport (which was amazing and we'll be back) then a week in Orofino, ID for salmon fishing and then home via Montana/South Dakota. Over three weeks on the road and no new issues to report.

Clocked 5500 miles, most of which were towing. Happy to report no tire problems. Wheels and brakes ran just barely warm to the touch. Tires got a bit warm but not hot. Yes, I'm that kook in the right lane driving 62 on the 80 MPH interstates. I have the "undersized" Constancy 14 inch tires and wheels on my outfit which others have raised concerns about.

My first TT... a bit of an entry level model, had no such trouble.

Anyone else experience this problem? If so, what did you do?

Thanks and Happy Camping
I had the same issue when towing with my first RV. I called Dometic and they sent me a baffle to install (free of charge) to keep the wind from blowing out the small pilot sized flame that heats the gas in the fridge. Never had a problem afterward. Give them a call, they are most helpful..

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:21 PM   #358

I bought a 372LOK in May, in July it filled the belly with water, it is leaking from the shower to gray tank.. can not get any help from my warranty. So I guess I will fix it my self ..
wmallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #359

We LOVE our Champagne. Yes, there are a few small issues but these are 'houses' being towed at 60-70 mph down bumpy ***** roads so stuff's going to fall off/ apart.
JAClend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #360
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmallen View Post
I bought a 372LOK in May, in July it filled the belly with water, it is leaking from the shower to gray tank.. can not get any help from my warranty. So I guess I will fix it my self ..
Don't know what brand a 372LOK is.
But you need to elaborate more than what you said above, if you want help or advice.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river