Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2016, 12:15 AM   #401

Good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Joan View Post
We have a 2015 Forest River Flagstaff 8528IKWS (same trailer as a Rockwood 8289WS). We are very happy with our trailer. Very few small issues. Most have been resolved while we were at the FROG Rally in Goshen. We pull our trailer with a 2013 Ford F-150 Eco Boost and have no problems at all with this combination. See signature below.
Thank you kindly for the information.
auburnspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:26 AM   #402

Well I have had it, Dealer buying back my Wildcat 295RSX due to the bedroom slide leaking and another slide issue with the living room. They have done everything they can, FR has no clue on what to do next since this has happened on other 295rsxs. Good riddance. This has been nothing but a headache since day one.
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:33 AM   #403

Send a message via AIM to B and B
That is too bad. Did the factory actually look at this ?
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:35 AM   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnspitfire View Post
I appreciate this answer very much. Anyone else with 5th wheels they love made by Forest River?
We just love our #8289 WS Rockwood, we always get get great comments on the lay out perfect for the 2 of us. I have had very little problems, they are really pretty well made for the $$$. I'm also a fanatic in keep ing it up almost OCD on my trailer, it looks better now then off the lot.....I'm a very happy owner and almost preach to people, it's a sickness.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:42 AM   #405

This is the 2nd Cedar Creek we have owned the first was the 38fl and we liked it very much no problems with it from the factory the 2nd is a champagne and we love it no problems with it as yet as it is still new. we like the C C line the best out of all the rv's in the price range
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:50 AM   #406

Quote:
Originally Posted by wire1946 View Post
This is the 2nd Cedar Creek we have owned the first was the 38fl and we liked it very much no problems with it from the factory the 2nd is a champagne and we love it no problems with it as yet as it is still new. we like the C C line the best out of all the rv's in the price range
Beautiful units, if you have the $$$$, I would buy one in a moment, but it cost more the I owe on my house...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:15 AM   #407

We have a Rockwood 8289WS Signature too and love it. No problems so far (knock on wood) love the lay out. If I could change anything it would be to have the kitchen sink outlet combined with the other black and grey water outlets.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #408

Happy owner of a Crusader by Forest River

Five years ago we purchased a Coachman TT and travelled north America with it logging about 55,000 km (30,000 miles) without any problems. Last spring we purchased our Crusader 5th Wheel and had only a minor problem with a drawer bracket coming loose. I have no trouble recommending Forest River products based on 2 purchases. I also recommend Wholesale RV Club (Colrain RV) out of Cincinnati as they did a great job with dealer prep.

Caution to new 5th wheel owners is make sure you learn how to hook up and test your connection before driving away. We had to learn the hard way causing damage to the truck but the trailer was OK.
Ontario Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #409

Quote:
I appreciate this answer very much. Anyone else with 5th wheels they love made by Forest River?
We owned a Rockwood 8289WK Diamond Edition and loved it - no problems to speak of and a great 5er for the 3 1/2 years we owned it!

Since out PopUp, we have been Forest River owners - we simply would not consider any other brand.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:49 AM   #410
Crusin81

Very important to have knowledgeable dealers with knowledgeable technicians in their shop. The dealer we had was terrible. the ONLY reason we bought it there was the reduced price. as far as our Forest River 366FL 5th wheel, we have only had 12 problems within the first year. most of which I repaired myself (I am a certified master technician) there are still a couple I haven't got too yet. seeing how this is our new home, I did not want to leave us homeless while some shop took their time to do a half --- job. haven't found a good shop in these parts yet. other than that we love it.
2014 sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:14 AM   #411

Quote:
Now that the initial problems have been fixed (Some by me, some by the dealer.) I can say I love mine. So far.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:22 PM   #412
Crusin81

Of course, I am a happy person and own a forest river product. I have had so many problems with my 366fl RV That when I finally finish working on it I will have bought a new one that I built myself or maybe the manufacture will help picking up the cost on some of the manufacture mistakes. We'll see what happens. I have owned my RV for about 1.5 years, starting day one I had an incompetent dealer service department, then it became one thing after another. I am still finding things that were installed incorrectly or poorly, or even the use of inadequate building material was used. Ie; warpath living room floor and kitchen slide out roof (water puddeling) in center. So all I could tell you is keep an eye on things, new things need to be retightened after a little use. understand there will be issues, be very patient, and I hope you are willing to get your hands dirty doing quick fixes in order to get you to the place to get the real repair. Other than that all is well.
2014 sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 05:43 AM   #413

We just bought a new River Stone 5th wheel this past summer and only had one issue that was addressed at the factory in less then a hour. We have used it all but maybe 3 weeks since we got it and that has been the only issue. We previously had a Cedar Creek which we liked very much but did have a few issues that also were taken care of either at the FROG Rally or the factory afterwards, we were looking at another brand but choose to wait on the River Stone and glad we did.
dblr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:24 PM   #414

I was looking at the stone river too.but bought the champagne C C liked the disk breaks and a few other things on stone rive r but got a great deal on the champange
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:54 AM   #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by wire1946 View Post
I was looking at the stone river too.but bought the champagne C C liked the disk breaks and a few other things on stone rive r but got a great deal on the champange
The Champagne would have been our 2nd choice but the wife liked the River Stone better so you know how that ends. We should plan a meet up sometime, Lums Pond is nice now and all full hook ups
dblr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:59 PM   #416
Happy Camper

We have a 2015 FR Surveyor Cadet - 321BHTS. Lots of problems with Camping World service department but no big problems with FR. Love the unit but will go to another dealer when we upgrade again.
Johntgif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:12 PM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johntgif View Post
We have a 2015 FR Surveyor Cadet - 321BHTS. Lots of problems with Camping World service department but no big problems with FR. Love the unit but will go to another dealer when we upgrade again.
Outfits like Camping World want to be a superseller and have lost sight of the customers than make them profits. I would not buy a roll of TP from them.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 12:32 PM   #418

I have owned 6 campers in the last 6 years, including 2 Sierra fifth wheels and currently own a 2015 Columbus 320RS. My wife had a liver transplant and struggled entering the Sierra. The Columbus floor plan and 4 step entry made it a better choice for us. We live in the camper from mid April to mid October as camp hosts at a local state park. We purchase from local dealers and have never had any service issues from the 2 dealers we have used. Our Forest River products have never been completely worry free, but we have never had a serious issue with any of them. Had a slide motor fail and the dealer repaired it the same day. As with any product, a good relationship with the selling dealer's service department is key. Saving hundreds or thousands by buying online may be detrimental in the long run when things go wrong with the product. Local dealer with only remember they did not make the sale.
kssportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 09:39 PM   #419

We have been very happy with our 2016 Rockwood 8289ws.As with all some minor problems overall its been great.The only major change we made was new tires. Now as far as the dealer goes he won't get my money again price was good after that it went down hill fast .
pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:32 AM   #420

Bought our 274DBH last Aug. Sure there have been a few issues, but our local dealer has been very helpful with all issues that came up. First time in for warranty was real easy, dealer even found a few things we missed. Very good service approach with no problems about fixing anything. Had to order some parts, and I just took it back today for those concerns. They were very happy to take care of all our concerns. So glad we bought local, and they never have any problem with me stopping by to check on progress. They have let me back in the shop to see repairs in progress. I understand that these are made by humans, so there is no such thing as perfect. They didn't build it, they are just trying to fix it, and they do a damn good job of that. Forest River has never questioned any of my concerns and have taken care of all the repairs. When we bought our TT there was no sales pressure at all. We began our search there the first day not really knowing what we wanted. They said everything was open and to look around at everything we wanted to, and they would be happy to answer any and all questions. After that we were left alone to look around. They even encouraged us to go to other RV dealers and check out what might be out there. That they wanted us to be happy with what we might end up with no matter where it came from. We spent the next month or so doing just that. And getting the high pressure tactic "what's it going to take to make a deal today?" I just hate that, I don't need to be sold something I'm not ready to buy. Only I know what, and when I'm ready to buy. We ended up right where we began, buying what we liked most the first day we looked. Just took us a few months to figure out what that was. It was there low (no) pressure, go and look at other places to see what it out there to be sure you find what works for you that got us the TT that we are very pleased with. Ended up with more then we thought we would ever get, and glad we got what we did. The dealer is right on my way home and I stop by every now and then to visit and look at the new stuff. And they treat me with open arms, always glad to see me. I keep thinking I'll see something, and have buyers remorse, but no matter how many times I stop by and check out the new stuff, it just has not happened. I thought for sure it would have happened by now. I can only guess they did their job very well in selling me what we figured out was just right for us. Best buying experience I've ever had, combined with the best service after sale I've ever had. I've never ever had the total package before. I kinda like it.
Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river