Old 08-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickiedooFlagman View Post
Attached is a recent series of articles regarding many issues in the RV industry.
Interesting read, thanks for sharing 😊

2014 Wildwood 231RBXL - Traded Her In
2016 Days Camped = 5; Reserved = 14 so far
2015 Days Camped = 24 / 2014 Days Camped = 23
Mrs Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:46 PM   #22

RV Quality

A year ago my wife and I bought our Rockwood TT. We have had some problems with it and every problem has been fixed. When we discover a problem I always notify Forest River/Rockwood so they are aware of the problems.

I assume that there are Quality Control people there that care enough to encourage their workers to do a job they would be proud of.

Our TT has been back to Indiana once for a new RV34 radio and the seams around the slide out needed adjusting. They also fixed a couple problems that we just asked them about when we were there. We were treated good.

Our TT is a replacement for a motel room & restaurant and after some 7000 miles has saved us much money.....campgrounds are cheaper and more friendly.

Rockwood 2503s
debandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:56 PM   #23

If you have a problem just call the factory. They want you to be happy, and will work hard to satisfy you.
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:47 PM   #24

Not going to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
One day we should make an honest effort to establish an advocacy group and possibly one day with enough voices these manufactures may take note
As long as a fairly vocal "majority" will tell you

1. It's your fault for inadequate PDI
2. It's your fault since you didn't buy locally
3. You should enjoy rebuilding your MH because "puttering on your MH is fun"
4. It's the dealers fault for not having adequate/properly trained staff
5. Just take it to Goshen
6. Just take it to the factory
7. FR makes the best RV's in the world
8. We don't need no stinkin' lemon law cuz it'll just raise costs

I'm sure I missed some others...
Old 08-19-2016, 09:54 PM   #25

Just an idea!
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #26
cogito ergo moo

If FR built a camper to the level of quality that people seem to demand, a 20 footer would cost you $60k and the would sell very few of them.

I always wonder why people who complain about build quality don't buy an airstream...

Tim
Nights Reserved 147121212125 ..........My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/

Cowracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #27

Agree!
Rockwood 2503s
debandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 02:04 PM   #28

I don't really agree completely that cost would be all that much different. I think a lot of us judge quality by how much sawdust falls out of the cabinet every time we open it, or if the sliding door to the bedroom is shedding screws that were never tight in the first place. Were the connections to the stereo and speakers, or AC thermostat, applied so that they didn't fall off on the way out of the assembly line? Those are the little things that make me worry about the big things, like how well is this unit really attached to the frame or axles? A little more pride and ownership in your finished product by the workers would resolve so many of these issues. If we weren't seeing this type of careless assembly, then perhaps a failure of a component would be looked at in a different perspective; but it is compounded by our frustration of seeing such careless work quality.
And, yes, the pride in product and work comes directly from supervisors, general managers, and ultimately FR or Thor. This pride isn't something that they hire, it is something that the owners instill in all of their employees. Just my 2 cents.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #29

Quote:
If FR built a camper to the level of quality that people seem to demand, a 20 footer would cost you $60k and the would sell very few of them.

I always wonder why people who complain about build quality don't buy an airstream...

Tim
Tim, Please don't get upset of my respond, we are not talking about how much money. Cheap or expensive rv's D_B said it so clear "PRIDE". Thanks D_B well put
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
I don't really agree completely that cost would be all that much different. I think a lot of us judge quality by how much sawdust falls out of the cabinet every time we open it, or if the sliding door to the bedroom is shedding screws that were never tight in the first place. Were the connections to the stereo and speakers, or AC thermostat, applied so that they didn't fall off on the way out of the assembly line? Those are the little things that make me worry about the big things, like how well is this unit really attached to the frame or axles? A little more pride and ownership in your finished product by the workers would resolve so many of these issues. If we weren't seeing this type of careless assembly, then perhaps a failure of a component would be looked at in a different perspective; but it is compounded by our frustration of seeing such careless work quality.
And, yes, the pride in product and work comes directly from supervisors, general managers, and ultimately FR or Thor. This pride isn't something that they hire, it is something that the owners instill in all of their employees. Just my 2 cents.

Point noted. My father always said...if it's worth doing...it's worth doing correctly.

He would also say.... Don't half-***** it SON!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums