Old 01-09-2017, 09:49 AM   #1

Atlanta Georgia RV Shows In January 2017

For those who may not have heard the North Atlanta Trade Center is no longer in business. The January RV show that was held at the NATC is now being held at the Cobb Galleria on January 20-22.

Here is a link to the event: Georgia RV & Camper Show

The Atlanta Camping And RV Show is being held near the airport at it's usual location on January 27-29. Here is a link to the event: Atlanta Camping Show

In my opinion the Atlanta Show has usually been a much better event than the Georgia RV. But with the Georgia Show moving to a new venue that might change.

RedLdr1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #2

Thanks for the info RedLr1 but: I could not get either of those links to work just by clicking on them. I did cut and paste them to the search bar on Mozilla and they worked fine. Strange huh?

Old 01-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #3

That is odd. I was using a new Chromebook when I posted that so I'll need to take a look at what is going on...
Old 01-12-2017, 06:54 AM   #4

Links work fine on I phone. ( perhaps post responder has a "flip phone" 😂.
EZ now; only kidding.

Been to all Atlanta area shows many times. Worked a booth at the Atlanta show. Something for everyone at both. The now obsolete center was old but fun. Lots of vendor booths and high attendance. Took several discounted trips and stays offered by various campgrounds.

Cobb Galleria is a BEAUTIFUL, modern, HUGE, facility. I was recently at a show there. WARNING: if you have a " lifted " pick up or plan in going there in a motor home; ( C or A)
get your PARKING PLAN FIGURED OUT IN ADVANCE. yes, free parking. Low ceilings. LIMITED outdoor spots and they are TIGHT. This is one of the busiest areas in/around Atlanta.

Just PLAN AHEAD OF TIME.

I live my life by the US Army Signal Corps motto: "think, go do". Key is in the plan to enjoy your experience😂.

All of you in a "tiny" toad; you are good to go!! God bless and be with you on the Atlanta highways!!
Old 01-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #5

I agree, large vehicle parking at the Galleria can be a pain, any parking can be a pain at popular events...

If you're driving a large vehicle the easy way to park is at the Cumberland mall across Highway 41. There is a nice pedestrian overpass over US 41 that goes between the Galleria and the mall. A little hike but easy parking. Just make very sure you secure your vehicle in the mall parking lot.

I hate to think what parking in that area will be like when they open the new stadium...
Old 01-12-2017, 05:43 PM   #6

Don and I will be working a booth (Southeastern Greyhound Adoption) at the Atlanta show in January. We will be there on Sunday, please stop by and say hello and pet the hounds, they LOVE working these shows!
pennypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennypoppins View Post
Don and I will be working a booth (Southeastern Greyhound Adoption) at the Atlanta show in January. We will be there on Sunday, please stop by and say hello and pet the hounds, they LOVE working these shows!
We'll stop and say Hi but no thanks to petting the hounds... We have six rescue dogs in our "pack" already. If I brought home another one I'd need to upgrade to a Class A to live in as my wife would probably throw me out!
Old 01-16-2017, 08:04 PM   #8

The wife and I want to go to one of the shows but don't know which one would be better. Any help would be helpful.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:09 AM   #9

We've done both and in the past the Atlanta Show has been the better one for us.

Since the Georgia Show is in a new venue it may improve from last year. There were to many non-RV vendors at the Georgia Show when it was at the NATC. I suspect they stayed their year around as they were at the Motorcycle show as well. They didn't belong at it either.

We are going to the Georgia Show this Friday afternoon. I'll post a "review" when we get home.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:23 AM   #10
Georgia Frog Rally 2017

Atlanta show better and parking better if you should be driving an RV. I go to this one every year. Hate going to Cobb Galleria to much traffic. I Usually go first thing in am before the crowds start and building heats up with all the body heat. Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 27
Days booked so far in 2017 37
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
show