Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #1

Bad Weather In the North/East

The snow is on the way, suppose to hit us later to night. We are looking at about 9" or so with high winds up to 35 mph, then I heard another storm is coming behind this one.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #2

We are getting now. It is definitely headed toward you.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...MapLayer=radar

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Cyber Phrenologist

It was here. You can have it, we're done with it. Momma taught us to share, you know.
Attached Images

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
Site Team

We even got a few dozen flakes or so yesterday and that's highly unusual for us. Please keep it up there with you if you don't mind. I remember in 93 it snowed a little better than a foot in March. That don't make for good camping weather.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #5

Here It is, 6.5" of snow and two hours to clear the driveway by shovel, snow blower would not start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2183.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1330   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2184.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	1331  
Old 03-02-2009, 07:55 PM   #6

We ended up with 10" here in Central Va. It wasn't too hard to clean off though and the sun came out and melted it off of the roadways rather quickly. Of course those same roads will be sheets of ice tomorrow morning. Lows tonight will be around 10 with wind chills in the sub-zero range.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #7

I am glad the snow was dry, It made easy to shovel. The snow was amost stopped when I started working on the driveway, but the wind was terrible, about 25 to 30 miles an hour. As the sky cleared the sun came out and started to meld the suface of the snow which stop the snow from blowing and it dried up the road and driveway. I wounder how much snow fell at Dulles Airport, thats where I have to go in the morning to work.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #8

Click on the link below and it should give you an idea. Choose Dulles under column 2 as the area to check when you bring it up.

http://www.weather.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=lwx

Old 03-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
Click on the link below and it should give you an idea. Choose Dulles under column 2 as the area to check when you bring it up.

http://www.weather.gov/climate/index.php?wfo=lwx

Thanks, Hokiehall.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #10
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
you weenies crack me up! Old Man winter finally creeped your way a little. HA! HA!
Enjoy. It's been -20 or lower for....most of winter up here. (and I'm not talking about the windchill....that's around -45f)

You know it's cold when....your transmission won't shift.
You know it's cold when....your car window won't roll down.
You know it's cold when...your antifreeze looks like a slurpie.

Seriously....winter is coming to a close....soon enough. I'm ready for it! Hang in there fella's!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #11

I figured you would show up with your ultra cold. Yes we are weenies when it comes to cold. The nice thing is, by Saturday, our highs will be in the 70's and this will be a distant memory.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
I figured you would show up with your ultra cold. Yes we are weenies when it comes to cold. The nice thing is, by Saturday, our highs will be in the 70's and this will be a distant memory.
We were down your way this past weekend. My youngest daughter is a freshman at Liberty U. It was Family SPRING??? Weekend. She loves the snow, hates the cold and can't wait for the weekend and higher temps. I have never seen any place quite as busy as the strip on Wards Road of stores, restaurants etc. You have rush hour 24/7.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:46 AM   #13
Site Team

Well it was 26ºF this morning on the plus side and that's cold enough for me. I almost had to wear a jacket this morning.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDJollyMon View Post
you weenies crack me up! Old Man winter finally creeped your way a little. HA! HA!
Enjoy. It's been -20 or lower for....most of winter up here. (and I'm not talking about the windchill....that's around -45f)

You know it's cold when....your transmission won't shift.
You know it's cold when....your car window won't roll down.
You know it's cold when...your antifreeze looks like a slurpie.

Seriously....winter is coming to a close....soon enough. I'm ready for it! Hang in there fella's!

You are more of a man then I am, I don't like the cold...40F degrees is cold enough for me. When I left at 2:30 am this morning for work it was 14 degrees with a wind chill -2 degrees. NDJollymon you can keep the cold, just call me weenie.....
Old 03-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
We were down your way this past weekend. My youngest daughter is a freshman at Liberty U. It was Family SPRING??? Weekend. She loves the snow, hates the cold and can't wait for the weekend and higher temps. I have never seen any place quite as busy as the strip on Wards Road of stores, restaurants etc. You have rush hour 24/7.
Yes, Wards Road is a big headache most of the time. It needs to be rebuilt with the medians torn out and replaced with traffic lanes. The US 29 bypass took the truck traffic away but everything else is still there. Luckily it is not that way all over town. We try to avoid that section on Friday night through Saturday night if possible.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #16
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Yes, Wards Road is a big headache most of the time. It needs to be rebuilt with the medians torn out and replaced with traffic lanes. The US 29 bypass took the truck traffic away but everything else is still there. Luckily it is not that way all over town. We try to avoid that section on Friday night through Saturday night if possible.
One thing is for sure, there is every type of restaurant known to mankind in that 1/2 mile stretch. We ate at Macado's over by the College. What a menu! There's nothing that comes close to their sandwich selections near home. I think the most expensive choice was $7.95. I felt 90 years old since it primarily is where most of the college students go. My daughter loves it there because she can walk to just about everything or the drive is very short.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote