Old 05-05-2015, 01:59 PM   #11
Mod free 5er
Tom Johnson had/maybe still has a good sales staff, but their service department in Concord has always been a BIG disappointment. We happened to get an excellent tech when we picked up our 5er, but haven't seen hide nor hair of him since Feb 2012. Last I talked to a service tech the winter of 2012 and he told me to take it to someone to get it fixed, I haven't talked to or walked in their doors. Now, the Marion service dept. is absolutely great the one time we were there. Very friendly, professional, qualified and did outstanding work on our 2008 Flagstaff. Was really impressed with them.

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:59 PM   #12
Originally Posted by yetavon View Post
Then you must be the one to thank....Its funny that we were looking at running to Iowa to get this floor plan at a CW, and the local CW could NOT get it shipped here, but a company they own is now carries it local....
Chris if you ever find your way back near the NC Mts....I got a spot for you to stay.
I appreciate the invitation but had nothing to do with their ordering the model. I bought it from them because it was already in their lot.

Different CW sites will carry Roo vs. Shamrock, depending on what line is available in the area for them to be a dealer of. If another dealer in the area already represents Roo, FR won't add another Roo dealer too close to them for competitive reasons. So, if your local CW is a Roo site and the 21DK you found in Iowa is a Shamrock, I believe they can't move a Shamrock to a Roo dealership even if they (or you) were willing to pay the freight.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL
- 2014 Shamrock 21DK
- 2005 Dodge Durango Hemi Limited 4x2
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:39 PM   #13
Camping World

FYI: Camping World has acquired Tom Raper RV in Fairfield, Ohio (just outside of Cincinnati).

Website indicated "coming soon".
rienzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:48 PM   #14
Invasion of the body snatchers.
Evereddie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:13 AM   #15
Originally Posted by rienzo View Post
FYI: Camping World has acquired Tom Raper RV in Fairfield, Ohio (just outside of Cincinnati).

Website indicated "coming soon".
Stopped at their location in Richmond, IN a couple weeks ago to buy some supplies and the sales staff already wearing the CW and Good Sam's apparel. I made up my mind that if they started the pressure to get a GS membership I was leaving the stuff on the counter and walking out, but it didn't happen. They apparently haven't been indoctrinated into the GS/CW cult yet.
2013 Roo 183
2012: 1042 Miles, 13 Nights camped
2013: 2772 Miles, 27 Nights camped

2014: 2259 Miles, 30 Nights camped
2015: 1644 Miles, 20 Nights camped
2016: 550 Miles, 11 Nights camped
indybp57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:08 PM   #16
We were very dissatisfied and disappointed with camping world. We purchased our last rv from cw in New Braunfels TX. Our salesman was extremely friendly, made the deal and set us up with the walk through. That's were the nicety ended. Pmi missed a lot of issues. The service writer acted as if it was a burden to do his job. Small repairs took over 3 weeks and I believe they broke more then they fixed. We would never buy from cw again and we won't even shop there.
Tater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:23 AM   #17
Does anyone know if a lot of the old staff is still in place, I am trying to deal on a unit in stock and live to far to go back for warranty work, plus do most fixes myself, so far things seem good just wondering as most have said before CW they were a great place hope the old guard is running the show still.

dblr is offline   Reply With Quote