Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2017, 05:39 PM   #1

Cedar Creek 38 EL Slide out stuck open

The slide out for the bedroom will not retract. I isolated it to jamming up in one of the two slide guides. How do I handle this under warranty? Dealer has no mobile service...
IICAPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #2

It's been a while, did you get the problem fixed? If not why can't your dealer find a mobile service to do the service for them and in turn submit the warranty claim to the factory. Next best is find a mobile service on your own, you pay them and submit a claim to the factory, but it should really be handled by your dealer, they are dropping the ball.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:33 PM   #3

Just today the tech came out. He did the same thing that member Elkrun had mentioned in a post thread about a year ago. jumpered around the control module to brown wire contact and was able to slide in. Apparently, the American Controls Technology GS-RLM-54 "brain" is defective. Seeing about obtaining a replacement.

So, apparently, the hydraulic motor will work, but the hydraulic cylinder which is activated open by the brown wire does not open. There is just enough hydraulic pressure to bring the slide in about two inches before the hydraulic system completely binds up (over-heating the motor in the meantime).

So my initial thought about being somehow jammed in the slide guide was wrong. Besides making about every rookie mistake in the book (trees, signs, hitching), I am also getting an experience lesson in the hydraulic system.
IICAPN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, slide, slide out