Old 08-01-2018, 01:20 PM   #1

Change Coming in Dump Configuration???

Hi,

I am camped in a brand new, small RV park in central Missouri. The individual dump ststions for each site are at the very rear of the site -- requiring me to use every inch of slinky I have to get from my dump outlet, which is located in front of the axles on my 36 foot unit, to the actual sewer fitting in the ground.

Upon being asked about this sort of inconvenient location for dumping, the owner told me that he built the campground this way in anticipation of an industry wide change that is coming. He said that starting next year, all RVs will be built with the dump outlet on the rear left of the rig, and that no rigs will be built with the dump outlets anywhere else.

This seems strange to me. Has anyone else heard authoritatively that this change is coming?

Color me curious....

Rich Phillips

richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Probably just the owner finding it easier to run single trunk with many outlets than individual branches for each site. I've been in a few places like this and on dump day (Sundays for the weekend warriors like us) it can get pretty stinky with everyone dumping into the same line like that.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:48 PM   #3

Hi Kaadk,

My thought exactly, as I looked at the layout he chose.

And don't you love it when the dump hole is right next to the fresh water outlet and power station -- with no concrete apron or any other way to contain the inevitable drippage/spillage as it drizzes into the grass?

Regardless, I wanted to see if anyone had heard there was indeed a change coming.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I carry 40ft. of sewer hose...

You never know when you might need it all!

Just because someone has been "doing it for years with no problems" doesn't mean you should!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:06 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by richp View Post
Upon being asked about this sort of inconvenient location for dumping, the owner told me that he built the campground this way in anticipation of an industry wide change that is coming. He said that starting next year, all RVs will be built with the dump outlet on the rear left of the rig, and that no rigs will be built with the dump outlets anywhere else.

This seems strange to me. Has anyone else heard authoritatively that this change is coming?
I can't see this happening ever. There is literally nothing standard across all RVs in the industry as far as where they put things.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #6

I cant imagine that, unless there is some new and ridiculous government regulation coming. That would require the bathroom to be at the rear (unless there is some more elaborate plumbing). Ours is, and we love our floor plan. But the huge variety in floor plans is a hallmark of the industry.

'17 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
'17 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500
Mickey the Rescue Project Schnauzer
bedubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:23 PM   #7

I have also heard from a reliable source that beginning next season the sun will begin to rise in the west and set in the east. I'm guessing that's more likely than RV manufacturers standardizing anything.
Adrian Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I can't see this happening ever. There is literally nothing standard across all RVs in the industry as far as where they put things.

Gotta agree with that. An RV manufacturer with standards? Reminds me of about a million lawyer jokes where I could substitute "rv manufacturer" for lawyer. Next thing you will be telling me is that they are considering a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty on a $50,000 rv.
Old 08-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #9

Doubt it. Sounds like he made up the answer because he's tired of the question. I've seen a number of parks with that setup. Probably has more to do with ease of construction than RV convenience. Like others, I carry another section of hose.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #10

That would be a wonderful standard if actually adopted. When it comes to RV utilities, there actually should be some standardization in the industry and in the field. A ďfree-for-allĒ makes little sense when every connection in the field is a crap shoot at best. And please donít steal my sewer connection because you donít carry 40 feet or more of sewer hose in your land yacht.

Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote