Originally Posted by Ccasey
Its come to my attention that the soy based wire coatings this industry insists on using unnaturally attracts rodents. Ive read this, ive met with two RV service people and local Ford Service and was told this to my face. My newish 2014 Leprechaun would not accelerate. I limped into the Ford dealer -as it had only 7K miles i had no idea what it could be. Service showed me knawed wires to the speed controller
Thst cost me $270. RV is parked on hard gravel driveway along my house. Its open.
I followed advice, put dryer sheets everywhere. Bought a fence to put around RV. Blocked what i could off. This week i open the hood to put on battery trickle charger. Sitting on top of the battery is a rabbit. He has eaten the large red plastic cover over the positive battery terminal. He has chewed through yellow and gray wires inside a black plastic flexible protector tube that goes to a long metal tube. He has eaten about 2" more of the plastic protector tube off the wiring, and some of the wires. I see other area where they have bit.
So it is clear to me the materials used to manufacture the wire coatings, plastic, rubber lines and covers attract rodents. It is not natural for a rabbit to squeeze and climb up and through considerable machinery with close spaces to seek this unnnatural snack. Its not part of a natural rabbit diet. There is no salt or other material on this almost new Coachman RV. It is clearly the materials used in manufacture. What in the world can i do? This seems unfair to me as i paid so much for the new RV and only used it a few times There is no storage here available. These new repairs on top of the past repairs, new cost of fencing, reppelents etc. is really bothering me. Help.
Thank the EPA which requires wiring insulation to be biodegradable. Cost my niece almost a $1,000.00 to repair her car squirrels ate up wiring loom.