Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Disappointed by nc rv show

Just got home from the Greensboro rv show. As many of you know we are currently hunting for a 5er. I was disappointed that there were very few forest river products at this show. I did get to see a couple of Columbus 5ers. And there were a handful of tracers but I really didn't see any other forest river products there in terms of TT and 5ers. I was hoping to see some sabres. I do have to say the Columbus is a beautiful 5er but it is out of our price and weight range.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #2

Are you considering a Sabre fiver? If so, let me know and I'll give you the Sabre dealer where we bought ours. It's in LaGrange, NC and the owner is a super guy to do business with.
He recently picked up the Columbus line, too.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

We are considering but not jumping off the cliff yet. I'm still deciding if we really want to do this or stick with a perfectly good TT awhile longer. We are on the edge with loaded weights on the sabre so it is a big decision for us. The Columbus is beautiful but way out of reach for us on weight and price.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Try Tom Johnson in Concord or Marion, NC. He has a big selection of FR 5ers
Old 01-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I think Tom Johnson will be at the feb show. They usually bring a pretty good selection of stuff.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #6

Dissappointed in NC RV show

Just dropped off my Cedar Creek at Tom Johnson in Concord NC for a little warranty work and they do have a large selection of 5ers. Also talked to my salesman and he told me they will be at the RV show in Charlotte.
Pitcrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #7

The Tampa RV show is at the fair grounds it is next week 1-16-12 to 1-20-12 I think thats the dates and they should have a lot off units there. You might want to check it out on line. That could be why there was not many there they sent them to Tampa.
sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

The Greensboro Dealer's Show is supposed to be better.....at least according to a thread I started a couple of weeks ago.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

It seems like a number of shows have "cut back" a bit in recent years. The Minneapolis show hasn't been so great the last couple of year either. Interestingly, it is the low and middle tier that is under-represented. Those with bigger money are still apparently spending, so that's where the emphasis has been.
1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #10

I could not get the Greensboro show sponsors to answer my email I asked if there show was going to be as bad as last year. Last year it was 80% Camping World with one building was just used Camping World. There were no toyhaulers last year. I fiqured this year would be the same so, I did not think of wasting my time.

The NC Dealer Show in Late Feb or March in Greensboro is a 100% better show All new in both buildings & outside Toyhaulers & bigger RVs.

I think Country Roads also sell Sabres not too far from Greensboro. Before buying if you are in the Greensboro area come up to Bassett to Econo RV to see if they can still order Sabres they are a Forest River Dealer & order more than the keep on their lot (Hard to beat their prices). They don't currently have any Sabres. Was there last week. Worth a shot. They beat County Roads price by over 1K on our Puma Toyhauler........
Good Luck
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

There was a handful of toy haulers mostly 40 ft high end ones. A few used campers but not as bad as last year. There were about 3 or so dealers but about 70% or morewas camping world.