Old 03-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #1

Emergency Road Service

I have AAA emergency road service and have added the travel trailer to this, all for about $125.00/year, have not used any service for the trailer. Have recived the Good Sam Club add's for about $110.00/year, but have not heard how the service is with Good Sam.

Can anyone give the Pros and Cons on this.

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #2

I have AAA RV service for about 5 years now, I have used it about three time and have had no problems, but I have not broke down with the RV. We pay $140.00 a year for two people and AAA will tow up to 100 mile at no extra cost and that includes the RV as well if I should break down while towing. As far as Good Sam, I know nothing and I don't know of anyone that has it, I am sorry I am not able to help with Good Sam,
but I am sure someone else can.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #3

had good sam 15+ years best thing for rvs
Old 03-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
Campfire Master

One thing I have noticed...if you break down in small town, America, it doesn't matter who you have. There are many areas that only have one tow truck dude that is capable of doing RV stuff. If you call AAA, Good Sam, or Coach-Net, the same tow truck dude will show up...he's the only game in town. The trick is to find the road service company that has the benefits that suit your needs, at a price you are willing to pay.

AVid
Old 03-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

My daughter was in an accident requiring her vehicle to be towed. She called Good Sam and the closest towing company they contacted was about 25 minutes away. The Policeman wanted the car moved so there was a towing company around the corner he contacted. They towed the car and charged $175 to tow it to the repair facility. My daughter called Good Sam to advise them that the car was already towed and explained the situation. The lady on the phone apologized that they couldn't do it quicker and gave her the info where to send the bill. Good Sam paid the $175 towing bill 100% complete. I paid $99 for one year coverage on ALL the vehicles at my address. I don't believe this would happen everywhere but I feel very fortunate that I have Good Sam ERS. The price went up to $109.95 but it's definitely worth it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #6

Question Verizon Roadside Assistance

I just renewed my Verizon Wireless contract and added the roadside assistance does anyone have any advice it is only $60 a year. I feel it does not have the coverage that Goodsam or AAA have. ANY advice out there would not want to break down and not have adequate service.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #7

Be careful with AAA as their coverage varies from one area to another. Even found different if you live in a different part of a state then what someone says their coverage is. Check carefully to make sure you are getting what you think you are.

We went with Coach Net as they have a Tech division that can even help you with DIY fixes. Worked for us!

2002 GMC Sierra 5.3
2005 Flagstaff 26RKS
tomkaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #8

I have had Good Sams Tow Service since 1988 and love them. I have used them several times and mileage was no issue.

The good part about G.S. is that they will tow the trailer if the tow vehicle breaks down...not sure about AAA.

Very much worth the money each year.

Bill
2008 GMC Duramx-2500HD 4x4 CrewCab
52 Gallon Titan Fuel Tank
Reese18K Signature Series 5th Wheel Hitch With Slider #30085
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #9

I also have the G.S. ERS. I recently dropped all my AAA services and insurances as we were overpaying on everything. Picked up G.S. as our replacement roadside service. Their services are much broader. No limit on towing and will take care of any vehicle you own, plus the RV. Also offers reimbursement for food and lodging while your vehicle or RV is being fixed. An extra small fee will also get you technical support for DIY situations.

Haven't used it yet, but feel much happier having ERS over AAA.

'07 Rockwood 8281SS 5th Wheel
'07 Silverado 2500HD LMM Duramax Diesel / Allison 1000 CC 2LT S/B
Reese 15K 5th Wheel Hitch w/ Kwik-Slide
E.S.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkaren View Post
Be careful with AAA as their coverage varies from one area to another. Even found different if you live in a different part of a state then what someone says their coverage is. Check carefully to make sure you are getting what you think you are.

We went with Coach Net as they have a Tech division that can even help you with DIY fixes. Worked for us!
I agree - Coach Net's Tech helped us when we had problems with our slide out when we first got the new coach.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote