Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2017, 08:53 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,997
Ford recall on 2015-2017 F150s and 2017 Superdutys

Just saw this on aol:

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/...rica/23247397/

Doors may not close fully.
__________________

__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 184
That's a lot of trucks
__________________

RV_Fan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:21 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Semperfi24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Maryland
Posts: 505
Going to need some more research on this. The link only identifies "certain 2015-2017" F150 models. Would be nice if the writer of said article in the link actually did a little research to find out which trucks that would be, lol
__________________

_________________________
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
2018 Ford F150 Lariat Special Edition 3.5 Ecoboost
Semperfi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:26 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
captjac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 18
Affected vehicles include:
2015-17 F-150 vehicles built at Dearborn Assembly Plant, March 12, 2014 to Dec. 31, 2016
2015-17 F-150 vehicles built at Kansas City Assembly Plant, Aug. 11, 2014 to Dec. 30, 2016
2017 Super Duty vehicles built at Kentucky Assembly Plant, Oct. 8, 2015 to Sept. 1, 2016
The recall involves approximately 1,344,605 vehicles in North America, including 1,101,107 in the United States and federalized territories, 222,408 in Canada and 21,090 in Mexico. The Ford reference number for this recall is 17S33.

Owner letters are expected to be mailed the week of November 6, 2017


JaC
__________________

2018 325Pack13
Sailuns637T, TST TPMS, JT's Strong Arm,
Dometic 320 Toilet, MORryde Pin Box,
Progressive Industries HW50C

2017 F-250 Platinum Anderson UAL hitch
captjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
BigH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
Going to need some more research on this. The link only identifies "certain 2015-2017" F150 models. Would be nice if the writer of said article in the link actually did a little research to find out which trucks that would be, lol
This is every aluminum body truck made except for the 2018’s.

This body went on sale in 2014. The first winter many reports came in about people unable to open doors/unlock doors/shut doors if they did get them open. A TSB (technical service bulletin) was issued in January 2015 and parts went on back order until spring. The next winter came and more trucks had issue…some that didn’t have issues the first year and some that had the TSB applied to their truck. A new TSB was issued in January 2016 and again parts went on back order until spring. The next winter came and some trucks that didn’t have issues started too…some that had both TSB’s applied were still having issues. A new TSB was issued and guess what? Yep, parts were on national back order. It is not known if this TSB will fix the issue but I see a pattern.

There were many vehicles waiting at every dealership in my state and I’m sure every northern state.

One guy was dropping his child off at day care and couldn’t get the rear door open. He crawled over the seat to get his child out and noticed a woman doing the same thing in a new truck next to him.

Many owners experienced numerous days they were not able to use their vehicle’s in winter. There used to be many videos on youtube but after people get lawyers involved they take the videos down.

Ford has been handling this very poorly…my last Ford was my last Ford until I’m very sure they got their heads out of their colons. Aren't they something like 5,000,000 plus for door lock issues?

I’d love to talk about my particular case but lawyers…
__________________
17 Chevy 2500 DC Long box Gasser Z71 4.10
18 Vengeance 28V
BigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigH View Post
This is every aluminum body truck made except for the 2018’s.

This body went on sale in 2014. The first winter many reports came in about people unable to open doors/unlock doors/shut doors if they did get them open. A TSB (technical service bulletin) was issued in January 2015 and parts went on back order until spring. The next winter came and more trucks had issue…some that didn’t have issues the first year and some that had the TSB applied to their truck. A new TSB was issued in January 2016 and again parts went on back order until spring. The next winter came and some trucks that didn’t have issues started too…some that had both TSB’s applied were still having issues. A new TSB was issued and guess what? Yep, parts were on national back order. It is not known if this TSB will fix the issue but I see a pattern.

There were many vehicles waiting at every dealership in my state and I’m sure every northern state.

One guy was dropping his child off at day care and couldn’t get the rear door open. He crawled over the seat to get his child out and noticed a woman doing the same thing in a new truck next to him.

Many owners experienced numerous days they were not able to use their vehicle’s in winter. There used to be many videos on youtube but after people get lawyers involved they take the videos down.

Ford has been handling this very poorly…my last Ford was my last Ford until I’m very sure they got their heads out of their colons. Aren't they something like 5,000,000 plus for door lock issues?

I’d love to talk about my particular case but lawyers…
I've been on the Traverse forum for 5-6 years. GM's no better than Ford!

(But they both seem to be better than the RV manufacturers!)
__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
BigH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I've been on the Traverse forum for 5-6 years. GM's no better than Ford!

(But they both seem to be better than the RV manufacturers!)
I've owned trucks from Ram/Chevy/Nissan/Dodge/Ford, cars from Saturn/Mazda/Volkswagen/Ford/Chevy/BMW/Dodge...I have no brand loyalty.

All of them have issues but Ford is over 5 mil recall for just door lock related issues in the last decade on various models...and didn't (or can't, or choose not to) fix their best selling vehicle (f150) since 2014. And in no shape, way or form did they try to make my experience any better.

Like I said...I see a pattern and I'll vote with my wallet.
__________________
17 Chevy 2500 DC Long box Gasser Z71 4.10
18 Vengeance 28V
BigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:03 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Lufkin, Texas USA
Posts: 134
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
Going to need some more research on this. The link only identifies "certain 2015-2017" F150 models. Would be nice if the writer of said article in the link actually did a little research to find out which trucks that would be, lol

I know people with Single Cabs, Scabs, and Screws who have been notified.
__________________
'17 XLT Screw | Oxford White | FX4 | 3.5L EB | 3.55 ELD | 302A |Chrome Pkg | Max Tow Pkg w/TBC | 36 Gal. Tank | Bak MX4 & BedRug | WeatherTech Deflectors, Floor Liners, & Mud Flaps | VA Navi | SYNC 3 Connect | Tailgate Step & Damper | Husky Liners | Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude HT 275/65R18

My wife and I are looking for our 1st travel trailer.
LynnGlaze13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:14 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Littlehouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 111
We got our letter, 2 months ago, but parts are on order. The truck is a 2016 Scab V8. From day 1 I never felt that the back doors shut tight, there was always that 'not fully shut ' sound, didn't have that from the old truck. Hopefully they get it fixed before camping season begins. Ours was built at the Dearborn plant. Very happy to buy American, just hope your president is open to trade with us Canucks.
__________________
Barrie, Ontario.
Littlehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:18 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
BigH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Posts: 502
I thought I would update this with some new facts because for some reason I still research this issue.

Some owners that had the latest TSB performed on their vehicle were not issued a recall letter. -There seems to be some variance here because there were some parts changed (or not) and or some parts differences depending on when the TSB was performed. Either way it is certain that vehicles with the latest TSB are still having issues and vehicles that have had the recall performed are still having issues.

And there are reports of this issue in the 2018 model.

Ford still has not fixed this issue...

The good news is the reports of Ford buying back more of these vehicles they can't fix before it goes into litigation. -I'd like to give Ford props for that but considering in many states the manufacturer is required to pay for the vehicle owner's lawyer on top of whatever settlement is reached, its easy to see they are just saving some money for cases they will loose.
__________________

__________________
17 Chevy 2500 DC Long box Gasser Z71 4.10
18 Vengeance 28V
BigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
f150, ford, recall

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.