Old 05-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #11
Director, FROG

Please call Dan Dobecki at Cardinal.
Dan Dobecki
Phone: (574) 206-7609
Email: ddobecki@forestriverinc.com

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:30 PM   #12

Who has a working phone # at Cherokee?

Old 05-02-2016, 04:32 PM   #13

Im trying to be nice...

I have both engaged in a two conversations with Dan B and emailed him. I will continue to try and reach out to Dan.

All I am asking for is communication on where it is in the process. Im just not getting any....

We love our camper. This is our 2nd FR product and I have been happy thus far.

It sounds like this is a familiar challenge with other people.

Kill'em with Kindness
Old 05-02-2016, 04:57 PM   #14

FR (W. B.) and the dealer got paid, you got the mortgage. Check the dealer/service provider, make sure they have insurance to fully cover your RV, get a copy. Some RV insurance providers will suspend your policy when your not on the road. Think about that travel program you bought for discounts at campgrounds. We all paid too much to spend time cleaning and fixing factory/dealer miscues. Just read the blogs (any manufacturer), solutions to problems not caused by you, anytime there's more than 5 it should be called a "manufactures defect" and any dealer/service should be able to get weird parts in 2 weeks.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:58 PM   #15
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Who has a working phone # at Cherokee?
Mark Palmer
Phone: (260) 593-4001
Email: cherokeewarranty@forestriverinc.com

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:15 PM   #16

Thank you!I just sent my latest"contact" an email stateing that I want to pick up the unit next week.The original pu date was mid april which was agreed on when I dropped it off.Maybe I wont have to call Mark,we will see!
Old 05-02-2016, 06:58 PM   #17

Many of these responses echo our same experience with our new 2016 Cardinal 3250RL. Delivered to Denis Dillon RV in Westminster, CA in December 2015. There have been warranty issues unresolved since we first took delivery. This is now our third trip to the dealership, where the trailer now awaits warranty fixes. This kind of treatment is what gives the RV Industry a "black eye".

Has anyone tried contacting the Action Line at Trailer Life magazine to get results??
Old 05-03-2016, 11:29 AM   #18
Class C Representative

Yesterday, I forwarded Rob's name, number, and this thread over to warranty and their National Sales Manager.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #19

Maybe we should keep our older Sabre

Just completed reading the returns for warranty adjustments on the Cardinals and Cherokees, plus other brands that carry the Forest River name, has made me rethink the purchase of a new Fifth Wheel from anyone. There is no day I can accept the length of time being without my RV, our second home, for repairs while making payments. If Ford, GM, or Ram handled their warranty repairs this way no one will buy their product and the stock would be worthless. Small adjustments are acceptable, but a rebuild, come on FR. Does Brookshire Hathaway read this forum?

View this scenario; You bring your new diesel truck in for warranty work and the dealer tells you their shipping your $70,000 truck back to Mexico for a rebuilt and don't know how long it will take for repairs. Don't call, we know nothing. Yes you still have to make payments to the Loaner and you can rent a vehicle from them while your New Truck is being repaired. This is not a good story with a happy ending for a retirement purchase that was planed for years.

Now where will we live while our new shelter (RV) is being rebuilt? We sold our house and were going to live and travel in our new RV! We have some emergency money but will it be enough?

Enough Said,
cruisin
Old 05-03-2016, 07:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
Thank you!I just sent my latest"contact" an email stateing that I want to pick up the unit next week.The original pu date was mid april which was agreed on when I dropped it off.Maybe I wont have to call Mark,we will see!
I got a reply today telling me any day next wee is fine,just let them know a day ahead so they can bring itt up for a walk thru.
I replied asking if there would be time for a tour.

He replied about 15 minutes later saying it would take an hour and they would be happy to do it!

I guess we are going down on tuesday so I will update when we get back wed night.

Tags
forest river, repair