Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2010, 09:03 PM   #1
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Forest River is showing up the competition.

We went to the Timonium MD RV Show today. After walking through every Class "A" there I can honestly say that the Georgetowns are hands above everything price similar and way more expensive. Now the new Damon 42RQ is really impressive but it should be at $219,000 show price. Winnebago looks like they took three steps backwards. Very plain and nothing that jumped out at me other than the prices. The Allegro Buses were really nice as well as the Holiday Ramblers but they were older models 2008 & 2009. Significant price reductions but still around $200,000. The new Georgetowns from the base model 300 (under $80,000)through the 378 ($115,900) they outclassed their competitors with a better looking unit with more features. Toshiba LCD TVs and RCA Home Theatre Systems, no more EXECUTIVE CRAP home theatre systems.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #2

I had the same perspective after a recent Boat/RV show in Tulsa. I'm very interested in what they do with the new 26,000/30,000 lb Ford chassis.
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #3

Wished we had the Toshiba TVs. Not at all impressed with the Olivea in ours. When we were looking at RVs I was totally put off by the 70's shag rug that Winnebago had gone back to in their rigs. Not to mention they wanted about 50K more for their 38J which was the same floorplan as our 378ts. It was a no brainer for us to go with the Georgetown and I have to say I am pleased with the construction. FR should be around for a long time if they keep it up.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Wished we had the Toshiba TVs. Not at all impressed with the Olivea in ours. When we were looking at RVs I was totally put off by the 70's shag rug that Winnebago had gone back to in their rigs. Not to mention they wanted about 50K more for their 38J which was the same floorplan as our 378ts. It was a no brainer for us to go with the Georgetown and I have to say I am pleased with the construction. FR should be around for a long time if they keep it up.
The Winnebago cabinetry was so plain. It was smooth but no features, nothing ornate and the hardware was just bland. It looked like a kitchen from the 60's. This was an Adventurer series unit and the price was far above the Georgetowns. I heard more compliments while around the Georgetowns about how nice they looked. The only thing I heard at the Winnebagos is "You've got to be kidding, this interior is nothing compared to the lower priced units on the other side" The other side is where the Georgetowns are located. That 378TS for $115,900 included full body paint and every option available.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 02-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Your reactions are the same as we have been having. The Winnies are priced sky high and featured basement low. We are down to a decision between the FR Berkshire 390bh and the Tiffin Allegro RED 38qba. We are heavily leaning toward the Berkshire but still haven't seen the 390BH in person. Our dealer has one coming that should be here in two more weeks so hopefully we will see one shortly and finalize our decision.
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Now if they'd 86 the crappy Concertone radios.
revrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Just looking at my post from a couple of months ago in this thread and realizing that I should update where we are at. We ordered a 2011 Berkshire 390bh from Buffalo RV (RVOne and RVDirect) and should have it at the end of this month. The Tiffins got priced way, way out of reason very quickly. We had a deal on a Tiffin that was close in price to the Berkshire and the dealer raised the price $20k on us. The Tiffin and the Berkshire are very close in quality with the Berkshire having a slight edge in amenities, so the choice became very simple.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:47 AM   #8

Congrats on the new coach. Post some pics when you get it.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #9

taxman-
Are getting psyched yet? Hope it comes in early. You should have a great summer with it!!!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #10
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Just looking at my post from a couple of months ago in this thread and realizing that I should update where we are at. We ordered a 2011 Berkshire 390bh from Buffalo RV (RVOne and RVDirect) and should have it at the end of this month. The Tiffins got priced way, way out of reason very quickly. We had a deal on a Tiffin that was close in price to the Berkshire and the dealer raised the price $20k on us. The Tiffin and the Berkshire are very close in quality with the Berkshire having a slight edge in amenities, so the choice became very simple.
Hey congrats on the new coach. The end of the month isn't too far away. It will just feel like a year. Have a great time using it and be safe!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 05-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
taxman-
Are getting psyched yet? Hope it comes in early. You should have a great summer with it!!!
Oh yeah Tom, I'm getting really psyched for it. We got the Itasca out of storage last week so it is just sitting in the driveway waiting to be unloaded. We'll get it cleaned out in a couple of weeks. My girls are in a dance competition up in Niagara Falls this weekend and their recital is next weekend so we are pretty well jammed for the next couple of weekends but then we should get enough time to clean the old one out.

We're still trying to get some clarification about whether or not you need an R endorsement for a motorhome over 26,000 pounds. That is still an issue that we are dealing with, but other than that we are ready to rock and roll!
Old 05-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #12

Oops!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote