Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 02:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherl View Post
I new there was a reason I got sold my FR and bough a Hartland
Traitor !

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 230 AH Battery Bank - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting - Boon Docking 99% of the time.
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre - 6 speed - Tow Package
Old 11-26-2016, 02:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvdixie View Post
Excellent point. I was thinking the same thing. Not that I'm defending anyone of them but shouldn't these stats be based as a percentage of how many units were sold by each manufacturer. It stands to reason that the manufacturer with the most sales will have the most recalls.

and why does no one believe that when it comes to tires??

Old 11-26-2016, 02:43 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to BGinVA
I would also argue that manufacturers with higher percentages are showing a little integrity and honesty. Defects don't always get acknowledged, in fact most would try to hide the stories. That they are getting visibility and a recall is issued means the word is getting out to dealers and owners. That's really what we want. Until quality improves PDI's by both dealers accepting units on their lots to sell and buyers looking for something new need to be diligent and not accept units requiring refit and refinish. Eventually it will impact the bottom line.
Old 11-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Me too... Actually had few problems with it but had zero with the Heartland. When time to upgrade again I looked at Rockwood. Then a Keystone arrived at the dealer and we were inside within minutes after it was delivered. Clean ~~ no dust, no construction trash, no sawdust. In over a year the only sawdust found was in the heat ducts. Only 2 minor problems with the Keystone: 1 Atwood sent a mobile tech for the furnace and 2 a piece of exterior trim. That is it for the 1st 11months and 170 +/- nights. It's luck of the draw with every unit produced by every manufacturer. I usually trade every 2 - 3 years but am thinking of holding onto this one longer because of the possible problems.
Old 11-26-2016, 03:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvdixie View Post
Excellent point. I was thinking the same thing. Not that I'm defending anyone of them but shouldn't these stats be based as a percentage of how many units were sold by each manufacturer. It stands to reason that the manufacturer with the most sales will have the most recalls.
X2

Where does CC come into the picture??
Old 11-26-2016, 03:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Just a note of caution. I own a Heartland Big Horn and a FR Hemisphere. The Heartland is a lemon, hence it's in a seasonal site, don't want to tow anymore, frame issues. No never overloaded. Two years now the Hemisphere, currently full timing in hasn't had a single issue. May die tomorrow, but is good today. Just saying.
2007 Dodge 2500 CDT QCSB/Blue Ox Sway Pro 1500lb WDH, Maxxis 8008 225 x 75 x15 LR E tires/J T Strongarms
Old 11-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #17

I think most people have missed the point, these are recalls. RV manufacturers buy a lot of the same parts, all Forest River does is assemble the campers, the parts are mostly owned by another company. All RV manufacturers could do a better job when putting together campers but all Forest River doing is buying the parts and depending on someone else to make sure the parts work right.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-26-2016, 03:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocking View Post
I am not surprised seeing as FR manufactures more RV's than any other company.
Good point!

To be relevant, the percentages should factor in the total production for the time period being studied. Using only the metrics presented here, Mercedes Benz has worse products than say, GM.

In yet another light, a manufacturer who issues recalls for problems they discovered, will have a higher quantity of recalls than one who pretends "It didn't happen" 'till forced to.
Old 11-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #19

Could be more recalls because they try to correct mistakes. However, were that actually the case they would improve quality control, which appears to be sorely lacking.
Old 11-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #20

The problem with a lack of quality control is, as someone else noted, the product becomes a "luck of the draw" situation. We bought a Rockwood and all problems have been very minor. Someone else could buy the same one and have nothing but problems. You shouldn't have to roll the dice when spending tens of thousands of dollars.

Tags
forest river, recall