Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #1

FR Recall #19V785

Got a letter today regarding my 2020 Alpha Wolf 23RDL. Apparently they mis-wired the12v fridge to the always hot side of “breaker” . A quick look, and it appears that there aren’t any breakers on the 12v side of the distribution panel of the WFCO 8955. I assume that they meant fuse, correct? If so, it’d be an easy test to see if 5hey did that by pulling the fuse, correct?
Charliebrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:53 PM   #2
Retired Old Fart

No, it's a hot wired 12v line from the front of the underside of the trailer. Should be on the A-frame right behind the front cross member with other breakers (next to where you 7-way trailer plug goes into a terminal box). They omitted the breaker and wired the fridge to the 12v DC source where there should be a 15 amp mini-breaker of the auto reset type (they ommited the DC breaker). See the PDF below of the dealer service sheet that has additional info and directions and illustration on what needs to be done:

https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/d...-DOCUMENTS.pdf

Note: I'm pretty sure the notices only get mailed to the original owner, so any subsequent owner may not receive one, but this is a NHSTA Safety Recall, so it should not matter if you are the original or the 20th owner, if it's an affected unit, they should fix it as per the recall sheets.

--------------------------------------

I will add this also. It is not unheard of for a problem that is the subject of a recall to also apply to other years and models in small numbers. Especially if those units were made at the same assembly plant. There have been more than one recall that was initially for x year and model that expanded in a later update.
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:15 PM   #3

This is awesome, thank you so much. I found a 15a mini breaker on Amazon, so I’ll put it in soon. It’s a whole day ordeal to get it to a dealer and I want to make it safe until I do so.

My camper breaker set is laid out exactly like in the pdf you attached. It’d be nice to know what the other breakers are for, if not a whole wiring diagram. You’d think FR would provide this info...I had no idea these were down there.

Thanks again!
Charliebrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall