Old 03-03-2016, 07:39 AM   #11

Forest River ROLLS !

Old 03-03-2016, 07:54 AM   #12
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Congrats to Pete Liegl on the meteoric growth of Forest River. A Company doesnít grow from such a small beginning into a major corporation by building a crap product.

While I will be the first to admit that Forest River doesnít build a perfect product, no one in the industry does. RVs are built by humans so mistakes are made but itís been my experience that Forest River stands behind their product.

RV dealers are a different story and Iím not even going to go there.
X 3 good job FR Later RJD

2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:01 AM   #13
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Congrats to Pete Liegl on the meteoric growth of Forest River. A Company doesnít grow from such a small beginning into a major corporation by building a crap product.

While I will be the first to admit that Forest River doesnít build a perfect product, no one in the industry does. RVs are built by humans so mistakes are made but itís been my experience that Forest River stands behind their product.

RV dealers are a different story and Iím not even going to go there.
Well Said!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #14

About a year ago ... after having to reject my newly ordered CC fiver due to massive quality and build issues then pulling my trade back home till the CC became an acceptable purchase ... that "beat the tambourine smoke and mirror" letter was just a bit hard to read thru clear to the end. Then came the brand new cracked fresh water tank, the burnt up LED ceiling lights, the failed grey tank dump valve, the failed fantastic vent fan ... but enough of contradicting the top dogs rhetoric.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:05 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
About a year ago ... after having to reject my newly ordered CC fiver due to massive quality and build issues then pulling my trade back home till the CC became an acceptable purchase ... that "beat the tambourine smoke and mirror" letter was just a bit hard to read thru clear to the end. Then came the brand new cracked fresh water tank, the burnt up LED ceiling lights, the failed grey tank dump valve, the failed fantastic vent fan ... but enough of contradicting the top dogs rhetoric.

It's funny the few things you mention are not made by forest river, just installed by them.

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
Old 03-03-2016, 09:26 AM   #16

What wasn't funny was the entire rear exterior wall all scratched up, the mid interior cabinets so poorly assembled they had to be removed and new ones built, the big puffy place on the panneling on the island kitchen, the J panel cut too large around the propane tank door so you could see wood behind the J panel, the staples in the roof almost poking thru the membrane, the A/C on the roof so loose it could be moved by hand at will, the decals with chunks out of them because the installer tried to move them a bit upon install, the water tank was actually determined to be cracked due to installer tightening the fitting way too tight, the RH rear brake not wired up ... so you may have spoken a bit out of turn here ....
Old 03-03-2016, 09:32 AM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
What wasn't funny was the entire rear exterior wall all scratched up, the mid interior cabinets so poorly assembled they had to be removed and new ones built, the big puffy place on the panneling on the island kitchen, the J panel cut too large around the propane tank door so you could see wood behind the J panel, the staples in the roof almost poking thru the membrane, the A/C on the roof so loose it could be moved by hand at will, the decals with chunks out of them because the installer tried to move them a bit upon install, the water tank was actually determined to be cracked due to installer tightening the fitting way too tight, the RH rear brake not wired up ... so you may have spoken a bit out of turn here ....

No not really, 3 units from forest river in 10 years only minor issues.
Completely satisfied with the product fr puts out.

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
Old 03-03-2016, 10:39 AM   #18

Keeping this sub topic rolling ... I think you did speak out of turn. Granted I got a lemon and I acknowlege there are satisfied owners out there but ... you and others speak complacently about "well the dump valve was made by Valterra ... the fan was made by Attwood, the LED's were made by Brightline" and FR only installed them. I look at it like ... in a fashion FR is responsible. FR makes a product and chooses their vendors to make that happen. FR should base vendor selection on more than low bidder. I bet if your Chebbie layed down on you becasue the ole Allison shelled out, you wouldn't be saying well the tranny wasn't made by GM, so no bother. If your power steering pump went out, would you say oh it's AC Delco's fault ... no bother again as for GM. I believe RV's should be held to the same standards as we do our vehicles that tow them. Most all my CC manufacturing issues have been resolved and I do give FR credit for this near year long journey to that point. However ... I will always have a bitter taste for the journey itself.
PS: I'm not new to the RV game ... this is my 4th new unit since 2000. I feel I should know what to expect and what is nit picky by now.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:13 AM   #19
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Keeping this sub topic rolling ... I think you did speak out of turn. Granted I got a lemon and I acknowlege there are satisfied owners out there but ... you and others speak complacently about "well the dump valve was made by Valterra ... the fan was made by Attwood, the LED's were made by Brightline" and FR only installed them. I look at it like ... in a fashion FR is responsible. FR makes a product and chooses their vendors to make that happen. FR should base vendor selection on more than low bidder. I bet if your Chebbie layed down on you becasue the ole Allison shelled out, you wouldn't be saying well the tranny wasn't made by GM, so no bother. If your power steering pump went out, would you say oh it's AC Delco's fault ... no bother again as for GM. I believe RV's should be held to the same standards as we do our vehicles that tow them. Most all my CC manufacturing issues have been resolved and I do give FR credit for this near year long journey to that point. However ... I will always have a bitter taste for the journey itself.
PS: I'm not new to the RV game ... this is my 4th new unit since 2000. I feel I should know what to expect and what is nit picky by now.
Is the CC your first Forest River product?
If the others were a SOB was the "build" better than FR?
Is this your last FR?

Getting a lemon sux, no doubt!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #20
Who Dares, Wins

This will be my third FR product, popup, then two trailers.. We have loved all of them and have had NO problems. My parents have had three MOHOs as well. Other then them having one issue with a slide topper have loved their FRs as well.

I try to look for what I want in FR before I go anywhere else. DO I think they are perfect in their QC and maybe build quality.. No, but I also do not think I have seen ANY maker do a perfect job.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river