Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2016, 01:52 PM   #31
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Like anyone else suppliers unknowingly send out defective items .
Fr unknowingly installs them and so on and so forth.

It's not like fr knew they put a bad fantastic fan in the guys camper.
It probably worked for fr and the dealer then took a crap.
Thing of it is fr is more then willingly to replace within the warranty period, is that not fair?
I've had and still do have fantastic fans for 10 plus years and yet to have a bad one.
Some people just like to bitch and complain about everything.



2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
I take issue with your use of "unknowingly". How can it be "unknowingly" when FR continues to get complaints about products and then,in addition, has to replace the products?

I'm willing to believe one reason FR is happy to replace certain items under warranty and sometimes out of warranty is because they know that some products are crap out of the box.

It's one thing to bitch about little things,but quite another to bitch about some of the same things in a product that you paid good money for.

I have to disagree,my friend.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 01:54 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
If anything was defective out of the box it should have been caught during pdi


2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #33
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
If anything was defective out of the box it should have been caught during pdi


2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
I agree partially. However,it should first been caught at the manufacturers. Then at the FR factory after it was installed with a performance test and finally during a PDI. That's what the "P" as in pre stands for.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #34
itch'n to road trip
 
campnqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Georgia Mountains-Jasper GA.
Posts: 908
HHHmmmmm? "If anything was defective out of the box it should have been caught during pdi"... not true.

Our 2014 WP 25 ULA has has issues from day one.Our unit spent 16 weeks over the first year at the dealer getting repaired. We continue to have many issues.

The electric fuse panel fell out on one trip. The cargo bin leaked, the front tongue jack broke, the wheel wells leak. The power cord was defective and we have to replace it. None of the cabinet stay shut so we have to bungee them closed. The bathroom door would not stay closed. The awning broke after a couple of trips. All of the window blinds have broken strings and do not stay up. Now our roof leaks. (it's a metal roof!)

This is our second FR unit. The first was a Graywolf at half the cost of this one and had NO issues. NONE! Needless to say I am not very happy. I want to get rid of this unit but my dear hubby will not have any part of that!
__________________
2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #35
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 4,822
I will say I paid half as much for my current Grey Wolf than I did for my ROCKWOOD that was supposed to be "more special" I think the GW is nicer...
__________________

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:18 PM   #36
Georgia Frog Rally 2018
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 10,654
I would hardly doubt any manufacture checks every item they ship. Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:22 PM   #37
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
HHHmmmmm? "If anything was defective out of the box it should have been caught during pdi"... not true.

Our 2014 WP 25 ULA has has issues from day one.Our unit spent 16 weeks over the first year at the dealer getting repaired. We continue to have many issues.

The electric fuse panel fell out on one trip. The cargo bin leaked, the front tongue jack broke, the wheel wells leak. The power cord was defective and we have to replace it. None of the cabinet stay shut so we have to bungee them closed. The bathroom door would not stay closed. The awning broke after a couple of trips. All of the window blinds have broken strings and do not stay up. Now our roof leaks. (it's a metal roof!)

This is our second FR unit. The first was a Graywolf at half the cost of this one and had NO issues. NONE! Needless to say I am not very happy. I want to get rid of this unit but my dear hubby will not have any part of that!
CQ - exactly. In my book,an unit should be completely checked out to make certain that everything (both interior and exterior) performs properly by both the factory AND the dealer PRIOR to the buyer ever seeing the unit.
__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:30 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
dieselguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 803
This will be my last reply in this thread and it will be directed to TURBS. Although you seem to posses legendary status here on the FR forum ... I've not yet been on here long enough to be in awe of your station here. Your statement "I've had and still do have fantastic fans for 10 plus years and yet to have a bad one. Some people just like to bitch and complain about everything." shows how my examples just blew right by your limited understanding. Up until my 2016, I too have had 15 years of fantastic fans that operated flawlessly. I was not dwelling on a vent fan ... a few LED's ... or a leaking grey tank valve. With that followed by another reply, I was putting a real world example of a ton of things wrong with a single unit that Liegl says should be bursting with quality from one end to the other. I now bid adieu ...
__________________
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #39
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
This will be my last reply in this thread and it will be directed to TURBS. Although you seem to posses legendary status here on the FR forum ... I've not yet been on here long enough to be in awe of your station here. Your statement "I've had and still do have fantastic fans for 10 plus years and yet to have a bad one. Some people just like to bitch and complain about everything." shows how my examples just blew right by your limited understanding. Up until my 2016, I too have had 15 years of fantastic fans that operated flawlessly. I was not dwelling on a vent fan ... a few LED's ... or a leaking grey tank valve. With that followed by another reply, I was putting a real world example of a ton of things wrong with a single unit that Liegl says should be bursting with quality from one end to the other. I now bid adieu ...




2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:21 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
schrederman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Weatherford, TX
Posts: 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
CQ - exactly. In my book,an unit should be completely checked out to make certain that everything (both interior and exterior) performs properly by both the factory AND the dealer PRIOR to the buyer ever seeing the unit.
Well said... Therein lies the problem with FR and all other manufacturers of RVs. They don't check. They won't check. They're not going to check. It's encumbered upon me to catch everything wrong during my PDI?!?! What does that tell you about how much they care about you and me, their customers? I didn't buy from all those suppliers, I bought from FR. I won't again, most likely. The sad part is that some other manufacturers trailer probably won't really be any better.

So, I would say, congrats for being able to draft a nice letter. Congrats for being able to build this company over 20 years... but... Congrats on building a great product...? Not so fast!

My trailer's over 4 years old. It's in great shape and still shines. It's not that way because it was made well. It's that way because I've spent countless hours fixing everything and reinforcing places in the cardboard walls, where electrical outlets have popped out just going down the road. I've replaced the plastic sink, the pump, the outside shower, some plumbing under the shower pan, the skylight, adjusted the slide, and I could go on forever... but by now you get the gist. Sorry Turbs... I ain't buyin' it.
__________________

__________________
J & D in Lovely Weatherford, TX
2016 Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH TT
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4X4 6.7L Cummins
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
forest river

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.